What sequel do you wish was made ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pablo G
Me I'm praying for Evil Dead 4

Lord Soth
Identity 2

supershane
alien 5

Shoukan
Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers: The battle to the end

I think Freddy VS. Jason should have included Michael Myers in the film.

demonfaze
On the Line 2

BackFire
Now the thought of that disturbs even me.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Freddy vs Jason vs Myers vs Chucky vs Leprechaun vs Pinhead vs Leatherface vs my 3 year old cousin vs SS vs Ash.

lol ^

Lord Soth
Another good name would be Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael: Sudden Death

SaTsuJiN
I'd say give me a tcm thats as good, and even better than the first stick out tongue

Evil Dead
Hellraiser...and Evil Dead 4.......

Ofcourse Hellworld has already been filmed......they need to continue to make great sequels for this franchise.

xblanex
Freddy vs Pokemon

Jason420
Jason vs Michael vs Leatherface vs Pinhead vs Freddy

Jason would dominate the hell out of them

Jason420
Leprachaun vs Chucky

Leprachaun would dominate that too!!

BackFire
I think Romero sorely needs to make a 4th 'Of the dead' movie

Lord Soth
Suggested title: Reign of the Dead

or, Year of the Dead

Punker69
Probaly wont happen but ANOES 9 without Jason just a regular ANOES movie.And I know this is dumb but SCREAM 4.

Identity 2 would be sweet to.

BackFire
Actually he's in the process of making another one, the current title is "Land of the Dead"

ragesRemorse
i to would like to see an evil dead 4

an alien 5 WITHOUT sigourny weaver

and Is hellraiser HELLWORLD out yet? When is hellraiser DEADER comming out, anyone know?

Evil Dead
Backfire.........I too heard that Romero was making a fourth, with a nice little budget I might add. If I remember correctly, isn't FOX giving him something like $8 million to do the flick? Should be great......I've heard the rumor of "Land of the Dead" but havn't heard any conformation on that. All I've heard is that he is definetly not calling it "Twilight of the Dead"...............

rages.......Hellworld comes out next year. It has already been filmed (was filmed with Deader, back to back) and is currently in post prod............Deader and Hellworld are both slated for release in '04.

Punker69
He better not ruin it and put alot of CGI in the movie.Because they where all good cuz they had cheezy graphics.

Evil Dead
who are you talking about Punker?

Lord Soth
I was thinking in a sense of time, like the others were. But that's great too

ragesRemorse
thanks for the info evil. I been looking forward to the new hellraiser movies for a while

supershane
they should make another friday the 13th movie but nothing like jason x
that was an insalt to the movies

Lord Soth
I'd like another Scream.

Evil Dead
no problem rages........I try to keep up on the low down with future films, plus I happen to be a huge Hellraiser fan myself. This wait is killing me.

Supershane........Jason X was probably more entertaining than half of the Friday the 13th movies were.

Lord Soth.........that's what alot of people thought. This is why he has already killed "Twilight of the Dead" as it is just retarded. People want the name to fall in line with "Night of ", "Dawn of", and "Day of" but I just don't think that is very practical. Imagine it being called "Early Evening of the Dead" or "Dusk of the Dead"............

papabeard
Sequels kill the integrity and authenticity of the original film, if it wasnt for sequels the horror genre wouldnt be seen as such a joke.

Evil Dead
Not so in all cases Papa.........Hellraiser has just completed it's seventh sequel (8 films in all)..........the first 5 that have been released are all pretty good (with 3 being the worst).

The Omen movies are all great.......the first 3 anyway.......the made for TV Omen IV is just gay........

The "of the Dead" series is great...........there is no weak film. All 3 hold their own.

Sequels killed the SLASHER genre......not the horror genre. The problem with Slasher movies is that they focus on an individual, who kills....and kills......and continues to kill movie after movie. This gets very old and repetative. Movies like Hellraiser however which focus more on an idea (in Hellraiser's case greed, lust, search for pleasure) can stay just as fresh as the original because in every movie, a new cast of characters are living through a new set of events. Hell, The Omen focused on one person (Damien Thorn) and still maintained it's freshness because each movie is about him in a different period of his life. When he is a tyke......a pre-teen....and finally a grown man. This kept the movies from being repetative in the least bit. Once again, Slashers were ruined by sequels.......not horror movies in general.

Lord Soth
I was trying to get away from the times of the day thing. So I went for a different measure of time, or something that connotates that the dead rule the world or something as such....that's why I suggested "Year of the Dead", or "Reign of the Dead"

papabeard
You raise a good point Evildead. I agree that the repetitive slasher formula does become tired and detracts from the original, however I must disagree about the hellraiser series, I do not like any of the films, I think the books and storylines are excellent , but I think they suffer from being made mainly in the eighties and early nineties, when ideas about film and special effects were naive. I think the director (Clive Barker?) interpreted the film badly and the imagery, look and feel of the film is dated and tied to the eighties. The feel of something like TCM (1974) or the Omen, or Psycho, which was made in the fifties are much more gothic and real, and thus more terrifyng as they add to the unsettling feel of the film. Also the use of Monsters, is usually laughable. The use of a human being as the main protagonist also adds to the realism and overall effect. The lack of creativity in the naming of a sequel also makes it a subject of scrutiny, ( eg, Nightmare on elm street 2,3,4 etc) a new title should be given to each sequel and obviously the same production team should make the sequels in order for them to be truly authentic. I also agree about the omen, (one of my favourites), however most movie goers would not see the difference between true horror that is linked to a mass conciousness of universal fear( Psycho), and a cash- in that is merely jumping on the bandwagon(Friday the 13th 99) and would therefore associate both types of films as the same, therefore holding the horror genre up to ridicule.

Pablo G
Scream 4 would be great too

wicker_man
I'd really love to see a sequel to Dawn of the Dead, and before you say, yes i know their has been a sequel in the form of Day of the Dead but i was referring to a sequel where we picked up from where Dawn left off from.What did happen to the survivors?

Lord Soth
It's laughable how zombies can actaully kill anything....they're incredibly slow. and yet they kill of a couple ppl anyway.....big grin

darkesthorror
Well, how about the great sequels/prequels that are coming officially and rumored... An "A nightmare on Elm Street" prequel in talks, focusing on Freddy Krueger when he was alive and a child molester and murderer. "Seed of Chucky" on the way finally. Of course "Freddy Vs Jason 2". A "Jeepers Creepers" prequel set in the old west. A "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" prequel based around previous murders that are actually already in the story line. I could go on and on, but finally I can't believe that not very many people are talking about mentioned Friday the 13th series(Yes, I know there is already a friday the 13th series), but this one actually based on the story of beloved Jason Voorhees with the name "Crystal Lake Chronicles" in mind.

botankus
None, and that goes for all movies. Let the execs suffer.

wicker_man
I'd like to have seen a prequel to The Wicker Man, however only if Sir Christopher Lee was to reprise his role as Lord Summerisle as i could honestly not see anyone else fulfill the role.

glenn
I think there should have been another Texas Chainsaw Massacre

botankus
Ummmm, there was!! Texas Chainsaw Massacre II came out in 1986 I believe and it starred Dennis Hopper.

They have made one or two other sequels, but they went straight to video so we won't talk about them.

mook
i think the studio has the rights to leatherface now after the TexasCSM remake so he might join in.

darkesthorror
Come on people, NO! Most people already think of Jason and Freddy films as a joke. Instead of throwing other Killers into the mix like Myers or Ash which come on, you have to admit thats pretty lame and corny and so far-fetched and demeaning to the story of Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees, they should just make different versions of Freddy Vs
Jason, not sequels, but recreated reamagined versions of the film. We all know that Freddy Vs Jason could of been way better. And we should all certainly root for a Nightmare prequel and the next solo jason movie
which goddamn better not be in future possibly after Jason Goes to Hell
and before Jason X and Freddy Vs Jason. I know supposedly he was suppose to have been buried in the mean time(I guess he didn't get dragged down to hell, but just into the ground). Well, we've got wide open space for a Jason movie, between 1993 and 2002(I believe Jason X was filmed in 2000, but it was released in 2002, so we'll go with that).
Then of course 2003 is Freddy Vs Jason and will anticipate a 2004 or 2005 release date for Freddy Vs Jason 2, so the leaves between 2005 and his capture in what was it, between 2008 and 2010. But for the love of god, no Earth 2 Jason X sequels unless for some reason the planet is primitive to the future like it's our present and some how he ends up just Jason again, not Uber-jason. OK, I'll stop now, I'm getting a headache.

Cinemaddiction
You're absolutely right, and I was going to mention this in the Friday, Pt. 11 thread.

These execs would have aboot 3 different timelines to keep straight to continue these 3 franchises, in addition to major continuity issues.

1) Wasn't Freddy defeated in the real world already in "A New Nightmare"? I don't remember.

2) If he was defeated, there are no more "Nightmare.." sequels, thankfully.

3) F vs J takes place sometime before Freddy was killed in ANN, so that means the Jason in this movie was circa 1994.

4) All that in mind, they would have to deal with...

a) Jason X timeline, where any subsequent Jasons would have to be Uber-Jason, which wouldn't fit on "Earth" in any Pt. 11 script.

b) Circa. 1994 Jason would have to face a Freddy that wasn't killed before "Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare".

Let me know if I am off..because this is totally confusing.

darkesthorror
Well, there's one major factor that your off on. Although Freddy Vs Jason
can be considers a hybrid, it is in fact written and described by the filmmakers as being a sequel to both franchises. Let me clarify, both Jason X and Wes Cravens New Nightmare are taken out of the picture.
Freddy Vs Jason is a sequel to both Jason Goes to Hell and Freddys Dead. The reason for this: New Nightmare isn't actually a Freddy Krueger, Robert Englund is himself in the movie as well as the "demon"
that portrays freddy because the plot of that is based in a world where
it's self aware. A Nightmare on Elm Street is actually just a movie and this demon has become infatuated with the Character of Freddy Krueger so has taken on his form and his personality. This is something that a lot of people have been confused on, so to put it simple, the time
Freddy Krueger is in that film is when Robert Englund goes on a TV show dressed as Freddy. Now, Jason X is in the future so takes place after the fact which is why anyone should of known that there was no way for Jason to die in Freddy Vs Jason which by the way is Friday the 13th part 9.5 and is A Nightmare on Elm Street part 7. Yes, it's true the film makers hav'nt cared to much about the continuity errors, but the new generation film makers have alot more respect and they realize that audiences are alot smarter now a days.

Lord Soth
That'd be awesome, I don't know how they could continue the story, though....

Evil Dead
Cinemaddiction........

The way they defeated Freddy in New Nightmare was to capture him inside of the Nightmare on Elm St. movie series again......so he couldn't escape into the real world. Based on the story line of New Nightmare (which takes place in our world, not the movie world)....they MUST make more Nightmare on Elm St. movies to keep the evil spirit (Freddy) trapped in the story.

3. Freddy vs. Jason's timeline takes place after A Nightmare on Elm St. 5...........but before Freddy's Dead (which takes place 10 years after 5 and there is only one teenager alive in Springwood). It takes place after Jason Goes to Hell (where Freddy finds Jason in the beginning of F vs. J) but before Jason X (where it is revealed at the beginning of the film that Jason has been captured and the authorities have tried to execute him every way imaginable to no avail.....so they decided to freeze him).

so far the continuity is fine............

for part 11.......they would either have to:

place it after Jason X. At the end of Jason X Jason lands in a lake on a different planet with two lovers standing by. This planet could be just like Earth circa 1980s...........so it could work, it just wouldn't be on Earth.

or

It would have to take place after Freddy vs. Jason and before Jason X (since we have no set number of years between the two).........

Either would keep the series continuity in tact.

Cinemaddiction
Yowza. There's a mindnumber.

darkesthorror
Yes, in New Nightmare what has been said is that Kruegers character had been kept in dormant to long. Also, yes it is based in the real world where it's self aware that Nightmare is just a movie. But from everything I've learned, it wasn't like the character became real because people breathed life in it, they made so many story elements about it that Freddy Krueger has actually become real. Like when Heather Langinkamp is talking to Wes Craven on the phone and he says something along the lines that this "thing" been living as Freddy for so long that it's become comfortable and likes it and has become accustomed to the way Freddy is and if we don't make anymore films it has know where left to go, but into our world, and remember at the end when he turns back into a demon before they kill it. It was never directly mentions that it was a demon, but it certainly not actually Freddy Krueger, and it's definitely not a sequel, when Freddy was vanquished in Freddys Dead, he stayed dormant getting weaker until Freddy Vs Jason which is why he had to use Jason to make him strong again. I know it to be true that it's a sequel to both Freddys Dead and Jason Goes to Hell. I've read the filmmakers saying this several times in interviews and in the Fangoria article which is on the DVD and I have that magazine anyways, also I believe it was also mentioned on the DVD somewhere else. I also saw a video interview with Ken Kirzinger while they were making the film and explaining where it lies in the timeline. I don't know where you got the idea about Nightmare 5, but I'm interested to find out, also I have the Nightmare DVD collection so I'll go check out the commentary on New Nightmare and get more insight. I'll find you actuall quote if you'd like, just say the word.

Pablo G
The series just needs a fresh start, they already squeezed out too much juice out of Sidney Prescott.

Lord Soth
That's true

Evil Dead
"and it's definitely not a sequel, when Freddy was vanquished in Freddys Dead, he stayed dormant getting weaker until Freddy Vs Jason which is why he had to use Jason to make him strong again. I know it to be true that it's a sequel to both Freddys Dead and Jason Goes to Hell"

um......Freddy vs. Jason takes place before Freddy's Dead. Much like Jason X, Freddy's Dead takes place in the future. Ten years after part 5 to be exact. As the movie starts, there is only one single teenager alive in Springwood.......he get's amnesia and can't remember his identity. They call him John Doe throughout the movie. He believes he is Freddy's son because he is the last remaining teenager. Freddy vs. Jason takes place somewhere in the 10 year period between part 5 and Freddy's Dead, while there were still teenagers in Springwood.

As a matter of fact, early versions of the F vs. J script included the Alice character from parts 4 and 5, continuing her story. Check out the Fangoria articles on the Freddy vs. Jason dvd special features my friend.

Timeline:

Freddy is defeated in part 5

Sometime in the next six years the adults of Springwood hatch their plan to keep kids unaware of Freddy, which leaves him powerless as they cannot fear him if they do not know who he is.

Four years after putting the plan into motion......Freddy comes back when he finds Jason in hell and convinces him to kill for him. Two teenagers break out of the mental hospital they were quarantined to and commence informing more kids about Freddy.

Freddy and Jason fight.......both survive. Jason walks out of Crystal Lake (in a dream) at the end of Freddy vs. Jason. He is carrying Freddy's head.......Freddy looks at the camera, grins, winks and laughs.

There are up to six years here they can produce more Nightmare sequels if they wish........

Freddy's Dead takes place. Over the past 10 years since part 5 and 1-6 years since Freddy vs. Jason Freddy has killed every single kid in Springwood, OH. Only one kid remains.......and he can't remember who he is. Katherine Krueger brings Freddy to a new set of kids in a different town. This is where the final showdown takes place. Freddy is killed for good. When he blows up, there is no coming back. The dream demons that were keeping him "alive" in dreams leave him......he no longer has the job as gate keeper to the dream world.

darkesthorror
Hey Evil Dead. I actually understand a bit more. I neglected the prolouge
to Nightmare 6, which may or may not be real to the story or just something in his dream. I hate to say it, but I think I did here an official
word on it being a sequel to part 5. I just need something official, if
you could point me in the right direction of an interview of this being
discussed or any other offical word I'd appreciate it.

Evil Dead
The only thing that places it in the timeline to the other films (besides logic and common sense) is that the earliest versions of the script had the movie taking place after part 5 with Alice as the main character. I believe this is included in the Fangoria articles on the dvd........IMDB actually had Lisa Wilcox (Alice) listed as the star of the film for almost two years. They scrapped the idea and wrote a script about a cult that worships Freddy (Fred Heads).........then they scrapped that one too.

As far as links on the net go.......you've got me. I don't do much web surfing.........sometimes I'll look something up on Google, that's about it. You might try putting a few of the key words like (Freddy Jason Sequel Dream Child) into a Google search.

Evil Dead
Oh........and it's not just the prologue at the beginning of part 6 that verifies all kids are dead. In the film, Maggie and John return to Springwood with Carlos, Spencer, and Tracy hiding in the van. When they get out and start meeting townspeople they run into Tom and Roseanne Arnold who verify that all kids are dead......none remain in Springwood.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.