Agatha Christie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
anyone read any books by her? i really liked Murder on the Orient Express.

badkittykitty
wow hockey you truly like the classics! that book is famous though Ive never really gotten in to Mystery,every time i started on one the suspense would kill me and id flip to the back...I cant believe I have no self control sometimes

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol ^
yea i really enjoy the classics. these modern books are...crap in my opinion. SOME autors now a days are excellent but MOST are crap. sad well thats my opinion.

badkittykitty
sometimes I think authors are running out of ideas. I read allot of history and true crime books cause the material is already there and interesting,cant mess up the facts! though there are still some very fresh ideas out there we just have to find 'em

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yea ur right.
the author that i think writes with best style is...Alexandre Dumas. his writing is great.

badkittykitty
ahh Alexandre Dumas! I remember the first time I posted with you I think we talked about The Count of Monte Cristo. which of his books do you think is best?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
The Musketeers. i think it was his best. smile

fungrl515
guess what book i had to read last year? it was funny, and i cracked up when everyone died, well, not everyone, but... you know what i mean.

Lord Soth
I've read a few short stores by Christie. They're genius

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yes they are^ smile

badkittykitty
what was it?

Lord Soth
I think than Fungrl is referring to And Then There Were None. It's the book that inspired Identity

EOWYN3
Christie is great. My favorite is The Mirror Crack'd.

Lord Soth
The one short story that I really like was called Witness for the Prosecution

fungrl515
yep! i was. we read it for english and we had to do a huge report on it. i thought it was hilarious though.

Lord Soth
Haven't read it, but I love the story big grin

Lord Soth
I just started reading And then There Were None. It's getting good yes

BOPRecruit 16
i recently finished "strange jest" by agatha christie. got a copy from the british lit class that i t.a. for. i didn't need to read it since i'm not a student in that class. but decided to read it for fun. never read crime fiction before and when the teacher lectured about crime fiction and talked about this author, seemed interesting to pick up this short story and genre. i like crime/law enforcement movies and tv shows, so it would be nice to read books of crime fiction. branch off from reading so much fantasy and epics that i normally read. this agatha short story wasn't too bad. i would like to read more of her work!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.