The Matrix Encyclopędia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

MC Mike
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! Wait here:

Rama Kandra In Real Life Is...
one of the most widely worshipped Hindu deities, the embodiment of chivalry and virtue. Although there are three Ramas mentioned in Indian tradition (Parasurama, Balarama, and Ramacandra), the name is specifically associated with Ramacandra, the seventh incarnation (avatara) of Lord Vishnu (Vis nu)

His wife Kamala...
According to the puranas, she was the incarnated as the daughter of the sage Bhrigu and his wife Khyati. She was later born out of Ksheer Sagar (ocean of milk) while being churned. Hence, her appellation, Ksheera Samudra Raja Tanaya. As consort of Vishnu, she is born as his spouse whenever he incarnates. When Vishnu appeared as Vamana, Parasurama, Rama, Krishna, she appeared as Padma or Kamala, Dharani, Sita and Rukmini. She is as inseparable from Vishnu as speech from meaning or knowledge from intellect, or good deeds from righteousness.

Maharshi Bhrigu was one of the Manasputras (born by a wish) of Lord Brahma. He was married to Khyati, the daughter of Daksha. Two sons, Dhata and Vidhata and a daughter Shri(or Lakshmi) were born to them. Maharshi Bhrigu is also called Prajapati (creator) as he was created by Lord Brahma to help him in the process of creation of the universe

And a their child, Sati - http://www.kamat.com/kalranga/hindu/sati.htm

The Unknown
-Sati doesn't control the sunrise. She has no purpose, therefore, no limits.
-There is no MWAM.
-The agents didn't use the hallway in Part 1.
-The Architect was watching Neo in part 1's interrogation scene.
-The Oracle's shell was terminated by the Merovingian because she helped Neo.
-Sati's parents gave the shell termination code to protect Sati.
-The Oracle is the mother of the Matrix.
-The MOBIL in Mobil Ave is an anagram of LIMBO.
-The Merovingian is not a former anomaly.
-There won't be another Matrix movie.
-Tank died between M1 and M2.
-The Matrix was not reloaded in Revolutions.
-Neo can control the sentinels because his anomaly powers extend beyond the Matrix and to the Source.
-The people not accepting the Matrix are to be freed w/o argument.

SimplePriest
--The prophecy was a lie, and a form of control
Architect speach in Reloaded, and Oracle speach in Revolutions
--Neo could see in the orange glow because of his connection to the source. Furthermore, his orange vision was limited to ONLY the things connected to the source.
He could not see the hull of the ship in the Bane fight, nor could he see trinity when she died.
--Seraph used to work for the Merovingian
Comments such as "Wingless" and "Judas" made in Revolutions
--Seraph can defeat an agent (Note: Smith is stronger than agents, and can copy himself, and there were dozens of him to attack Seraph in Revolutions)
"I have beaten you before" "Yes but as you can see things are a little different now"
--The cookies/candy are metaphorical to Neo "being controlled"
M1, Neo eats the cookie; M2, Neo takes the candy, but doesn't eat it; M3, Neo rejects the cookie; (this idea hasn't been refined and is still debated)
--If Smith had not intercepted Neo in the Hallway than Neo would have entered the room to early and died
--Trinity is awesome! "In five minutes I'll tear that whole GD building down!" eh-hrmm, back to business
--We DO NOT know if the twins died in Reloaded
They ghosted/phased out at the top of the explosion, and we know that they heal when they ghost/phase out. Which, as Trin put it, is a neat trick smile

more later...

JediHDM
-As the float that Neo's body is placed on floats away, it appears, in the orange glow of the code, as if it is a lotus blossom, opening, with Neo's glowing body in the center. Religiously, the lotus blossom is symbolic of a normal man rising up to divinity, which leads us to believe Neo has ascended, meaning he is still alive.
-The Oracle is the Mother of the Matrix
-The war IS over
-The prophecy WAS true, but not because Neo was forced into it; Neo choose to fulfill the prophecy, thus giving rise to a new age.
-The matrix is not over, it was reset, but not Reloaded. Neo did not return to the Source, the Matrix was not reloaded, he did not choose 23 individuals to rebuild Zion.

thats all i can think of for now, more to come...wink

Lag
-Neo cannot be killed in the matrix by force.(He was shot lots of times in M1, which makes me wonder why Smith even fought him in 3)
-Choice and Love are some running themes through out the movies
-There were 5 anomolies before Neo, who chose the door that lead them to restart the Matrix and Zion.
-The first Matrix was to perfect for humans. (As told by Smith in M1 and the Architect in M3)
-The end seen where Neo "defeats" Smith is the same setting as the beginning scene with Trinity. (I don't know why I added this)

Maatrix
Uh, a few tocuh ups on other peoples Neo did return to the source in the end of revolutions. Well not returned but used the power of the source. There was no Virus uploaded it was the source itself running through neo's body. He is orange at the end because of this

audioheem
Well yeah I have to say some of these are turning into opinion again... coz the Matrix may have been Reloaded, save for changing the time it was... they may have just changed how it functions. We know the architect didn't lie in his speech in Revs so Neo's disseminated code returning to the Source signals a Reload. Look; we can't keep this in here coz it's not hard FACT. Again; how do we KNOW that the Merv was not the first anomaly? The fact that the Twins ghosted out implies they are not dead, however we do not see them in Revolutions.
- Thomas Anderson is dead.

berrill
AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!THIS IS UNFAIR!Matrix has left us with no answers and more questions.........THE MORE I READ ABOUT IT 2 FIND OUT MORE THE MORE QUESTIONS I HAVE. they must be creating more movies of the Matrix?? They've shown us the beggining but wheres the End?

Please somebody email me on [email protected]

The Omega

dave123

audioheem

MC Mike
You should write (Opinion) wink

The Omega

Lag
HHHmmmmm.... I wasn't even wondering that and it's already answered.Cool.

-Thomas A. Anderson worked at Metacortex (Not really important, but it is true.)
-Religion does exist in Zion (The rosery given to Link)
-Some exciles have to be killed in curtain ways.(Silver bullets in Persophone's gun, wooden stake in Enter the Matrix.)
-B166ER is the first machine to kill a human.(Somebody had to put this, it's a Matrix Encyclopedia)

These are all dumb, but hey....

MC Mike
BI66ER also pretty much started the Second Renisannse - Go wtch Animatrix everyone! smile

The Omega
BI66ER wasn't the first machine to kill a human. I'm pretty sure cars, trains, planes etc etc are machines to.
Better to write "The first artificially intelligent machine to..." yes

Lag
Yeah I was debating on making it more specific, but I didn't think it would matter.

-B166ER is the first machine to purposely kill somebody.(There we go, I'm happy now)

The Unknown
-Zion is probably created by the machines each cycle.
-Humans scorched the sky.
-Sati's parents aren't dead, they're just in the Machine World.

The One Himself
I think we have a little problem here...Starting the Zion's population from few individuals (8 males 16 females), the tendency is the genetic code degeneration...(?) confused

The Unknown
The humans used to populate Zion are made by the machines. Perhaps they altered the genetic code or something.

Lag
Put this conversation somewhere else. Omega's not going to be happy. This is an Encyclopedia not a place for guessing or questions or theory. Just cold hard facts.

-Zion is the last remaining human city
-It's possible to be plugged back into the Matrix and not remember anything(Cypher)

sandman
Powers and abilites in The Matrix

--Freed minds:
Enhanced Speed, Reflexes, Strength and durability, and jump. Combat trained

--Agents:
Extremely enhanced speed.
Extremely strong
The ability to overwrite beings hardwired into the matrix and keep the host until it is not longer convient or not suitable to inhabit anymore. (iow take over bodies)
Recieve information from the mainframe (the ear plugs)

--Neo:
-in the Matrix
all of Freed mind's abilities but better
Read code
Stop bullets
Flight
Telekinetic pull (sais in reloaded)

-Out of the Matrix
Stop/shut down Sentinels
See programs/ Machines (orange flamy sight)
Does not need to be jacked to be in the MAtrix

--Smith
Same as Agents but better
except Mainframe info and overrite. has the abilty to copy himself on others
Flight
foresight

Other programs:
Intangibility and regeneration (Twins)
Foresight (Oracle)
Wall/Ceiling crawl (guys in hell club)
program writing (Merv)
Travelling between the machine world and matrix (trainman)

i know i'll think of more and i'll edit them in

The Omega

The Unknown
I forgot about that, lol.

The One Himself
Ah ok.. it makes sense..sorry

dragoon
Are you aware that B166ER looks a lot like the word BIGGER, just thought I'd point that out. ALSO, did Neo really fight Smith where he first met Trinity?

EyeMakeMovies
sorry to taint the thread with factless posts, but why not take this info and make it into a webpage, that way all the crap gets filtered out

The One Part 2
- The Oracle can see into the future. She cannot see past a choice she
doesn't not understand. This was used against Smith in the final fight
with Neo.

- It is more than likely that the Machine City is 01. As Zion is the only
human settlement, Machine City is the only machine settlement.

- Zion and The Matrix are much older than the humans believe;
possibly 500 years older.

- The Matrix was not reloaded at the end of Revolutions; it was
changed as evidenced by the black cat.

- Twins, if they are dead, were deleted by Merovigian after failing to
secure the Keymaker.

- There really was no spoon.

Ikobe
1. Yep, that's an in-joke for l33t5p33k3r5 to pick up on wink
2. Yeah, the hallway, and the room, 303, is where Trinity first 'meets' Neo; technically, she just inputs a message which reaches his computer, but you get the drift.

AI.

JediHDM
Ikobe> h4H4

sandman
is this fact? i thought this was theory. when do we hear that the twins were deleted?

The One Part 2
The Matrix not being Reloaded is a FACT. The black cat specifies changes to the Matrix. This is clearly stated in the first film. Secondly, I said IF the twins are dead, the Merovigian deleted them. They, obvisiously, were not important to the plot, so they were not in the third film. We don't know why. They healed themselves when they went incoherent, so the only way to kill them is to delete them.

The Unknown
The Merovingian wouldn't delete them, they're probably his best exiles, and just because they might have never returned to him after failing, or didn't go with him to Club Hel...

Lag
-Morpheus' "special move" is the High Knee Drop ( I don't know the technical term.
-Trinity's "special move" is the Scorpion Kick.
-Neo's "special move" is the Mid-Air Triple Kick
-The Agents weapon of choice is the D. Eagle
-The only gun we see the Twins use is a G36C (I don't know if it's thier prefered gun, because they only use it once)
-Agents can run out of bullets(we see Smith do that in M1) but they get their ammo back when they go into somebody else.

Had.fr
Cypher : the Cyphers are codes used to deliver secrets msgs
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
defghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabc
that s only a simple exemple , there are tons of diferent cyphers , some are A LOT harder ( maybe some are hidden in cyphers speaches )

Merovingians were a line of french king (they ve been call also "sacred kings"wink, supposed to be descended from JC and Sion ( french word for your Zion ) was a secret society and its goal was to protect them and / or their secrets .

smith : O.S.M.T.H = Ordo Supremus Militari Templi Hieriosolymitani
ordo is an "ordre" in french , you can call it a group , i dont know if we say Order in english . So , without the O , as smith is alone even with severals bodies it cant be an "ordre" , we have S.M.T.H

PS: sorry for my weak english grama & vocabulary , but posting that in french wont help anyway =]

Had.fr
Sandman you forgot an interesting abilitie :
Smith absorbs abilities and have only foresight after taken it form foresightress(i think you understand if the word dont exist ) , i think this part is important )

Captain REX
- Agents lose all injuries and regain ammunition and anything else they lose (ties, glasses, etc.) when they switch bodies.
- The theme of the Matrix being a dream is frequent throughout the first film (i.e. Alice in Wonderland, Morpheus = Greek God of Dreams)
- The Matrix symbolizes Birth, The Matrix Reloaded symbolizes Life, and The Matrix Revolutions symbolizes Death.
- Cypher was originally meant to be a failed One recruit that Morpheus had tried.
- Trinity means "A group of three close individuals," symbolizing the love triange between Cypher, Trinity, and Neo.
- Bane, ironically, means "A cause of harm, ruin, or death"

The Savior
Omega> Do you remember when Neo is walking toward the meeting with the machine face at the end of M3? Well, he is clearly NOT glowing orange at all, which means that he is not connected to the Source (of course he doesn't have to be connected to have his powers). In the end, at that "funeral" scene, we see him glowing, and a lot. It actually happens when the machines send that orange light INTO Neo at the very end, remeber? When he is with his arms wide open in a beautiful way to show his sacrifice just as Jesus Christ..... so what the hell does that mean? Does it mean that he is finally at the source? He decided to go to the source?
I believe that Neo did reload the Matrix, although a different Matrix, since Sati now has control over it, correct? It is a Matrix with love, and machines understanding man and his emotions. It has to be reloaded, otherwise it would not make any sense for Neo to go to the source.

*****Forgive me for posting this question here, but I feel it's very important for our encyclopedia,ok?*************

SORRY GUYS............

The Omega

orionx3000
You beleive it is the year 1999 when in fact it is closer to the year 2199 -morepheus
important note it is 500 or some years times 2199 because that number is based off of the idea of there being only one incarnation of the ONE. so its more like 2699
-= human beings are a plague of this planet and we are the cure=- agent smith.. that is the first talk if u will of humans and machines having to work together before that... the machines that is.. we technically had no niche in nature.. since we killed the planet the machines became the nature... now.. we have a niche..
-=orion=-

audioheem
someone give the ship names.. i only know..

The Neb
The Osiris
The Mjolnir (Hammer)
The Caduceus
The Logos
The Vigilant

The Unknown
The Icarus

movie_freak
What ship is The Caduceus?

mechaban
The ship names are:
Nebuchadnezzar Mark III No.11 made 2069
Osiris Mark VI No.16 made 2079
Logos Mark XIV No.14 made 2101
Vigilant Mark XIII No.32 made 2106
Mjolnir Mark XIV No.62 made 2111
Gnosis
Icarus
Novalis
Caduceus
Brahma
At on point there were 12 ships. Two were lost during missions prior to M2. This is know because there ar 12 landing pads see in the diagram of the dock in Lockes HQ.

mechaban
The known crew members are:
Neb: Morpheus(capt), Trinity(1st mate), Neo and Link(op)
Osi: Thaddues(capt), Jue(1st mate), Robbie and 5 others.
Log: Niobe(capt), Ghost(1st mate) and Sparks(op)
Vig: Soren(capt), Vector(1st mate), Binary, Axel and Jax(op)
Mjo: Roland(capt), Colt(1st mate), Mauser, AK(op) and Maggie(med)
Gno: Ice(capt), Corrupt, Wurm and Jacob(op?)
Ica: Ajax(capt)
Nov: Tirant(capt)
Cad: Ballard(capt), Malichi(1st mate) and Bane
Bra: Kali(capt)

:edited for speling:

mors823
Where did you get these? i only heard of a few. I take it that Ballard and Ice die in the EMP disaster

mechaban
Most of this was from a foldout in the Enter the Matrix walkthrough.
Ice, Ajax, Tirant, Ballard, Kali and all their crews, with the exception of Bane/Smith, died in the EMP sabotage.

During the meeting held by Niobe with all the ship captains, there are 21 other rebels see in the background that are not the above crewmembers named.
This puts them on the Gnosis, Icarus and Novalis.
Thats 7 per ship, plus the captian and the operator.
Average crew per ship is 9.
Which may sound large but remember the Neb started with 8 then freed Neo.

mors823
Ship Origins

The Gnosis: A type of religion--> http://www.gnosis.org/welcome.html
The Novalis: www.kirjasto.sci.fi/novalis.htm
The Brahma: Chief god in Hinduism, supreme being
The Neb: Babalonian king, something about dreams---> http://www.nisbett.com/people/bp-nebuchadnezzar.htm

Oli
Are the holes in the chain made in the shape of hearts? I had this feeling.

Oli
matrixrevelations dot com

Lag
Here's a bit of Information about Neo

Name: Thomas A. Anderson
Born: March 11, 1962
Place of Birth: Lower Downtown, Capitol City
Mother's Maiden Name: Michelle McGehey
Father's Name: John Anderson
Schools Attended: Capitol West, Junior High
I'm not sure what High School he went to, but it looked like Owen Peterson High. This isn't for sure.

Lag
As the credits were rolling at the end of The Matrix I noticed the Production Design was done be a guy named Owen Paterson. So that must be the High School name not Peterson. Also when Morpheus takes Neo to see the Oracle, in the elevator we see the letters K Y M and I always noticed it, but I never knew what it meant. Kym is someone else that worked on the Matrix. This was probably already know I'm just putting it here.

Oli
Hi, could you name the passages and films/animatrix where we see all the Biblical references?

Thank you.

Oli
thematrixencyclopedia dot (.) com is coming

JediHDM
ALL of the biblical references?!?! that would take days to just write out, much less find all of them again...

MC Mike
He is writing an encyclopaedia... just like we are... stick out tongue

mechaban
The info for the Nameplate/Biblical references was collected from the following sources:
Neb: The Matrix
Osi: The Animatrix: The Final Flight Of The Osirius
Log: Enter the Matrix
Vig: The Zion Archives
Mjo: The Zion Archives

mechaban
On a similar note, somewhere on the main website was a picure of a plate that said:

Zion Streetlight Co. MARK XIII:XXIV/20

I dont know what this means and now I cant find it.

MC Mike
Yes, it's there... burly... ER... Tania... has a collage with that as one of the pictures...

Oli
true, but although we all have and collect stuff from each other , my encyclopedia will be much different in its content. You will see explainations never seen before with proofs. Soon you will realise how the WB has pulled the wool over your eyesand how deep deep the rabbit hole is! cool

Thanks for answering and all.

Oli Popotam

sum1butno1
Was that from the beginning of Reloaded when Neo kicks an Agent into a lamp post?

Captain REX
This it, Mechaban?

mechaban
Yessir, thats the one.
Thanks for the find.

mook
isnt kym the costume designer?

shes mentioned early on in M1 credits.

Oli
yep she is.

Oli
www matrixencyclopedia com

The Omega

MCElite
sati creates her own purpose

The Alpha
Omega> Y u sticked up this thread again? Wasnt the encyclo.... completed?

LarryTheArch
-there have been six matrixes

The Alpha
blink What??? SIX MATRIXES!!!

-There have been only one Matrix. It has been RELOADED six times.

LarryTheArch
Fine...

as the architect said (loosely) their have been six versions of the matrix.

now remember... THIS IS NOT FOR DISCUSSION

sum1butno1
There were 6 versions of the third matrix program/OS/computer thingy brought about by the reinsertion of the anomaly code. Right?!?!

... so at least 8 matrix versions, assuming there was only 1 version of the first 2 matrices and that the only changes to the third were as a result of the reinsertion of the anomaly code. But only 3 matrices (unless the one at the end of Revos was different in some way... wink).

And if you don't want discussion, don't say something debatable (even sort of).

Korri
listen suin....just clam the head stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
i just dont get the matrix movies. too much data for me.

JediHDM
there have been three matrices, with six versions of the third one, and one could say that the one at the end of Revolutions is a different Matrix, changed, thus making a fourth.

Matrix 1 = Heaven on earth-was rejected
Matrix 2 = Hell on earth-was rejected
Matrix 3a = Choice introduced-99.9% accepted this iteration
Matrix 3b-f = iterations of 3a
Matrix 4 = freedom-man is no longer kept in captivity, he is able to leave.

xeous
Well done yet again, Jedi.

sum1butno1
I don't think that the second matrix was necessarily "hell on earth", but it was designed to "more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of nature". It was just a lot less utopian than the first one. So I think it was more like this world/the third Matrix, except that no one was allowed to refuse to accept this second Matrix.

JediHDM
well...i think this is hell on earth, myself...so many things wrong...

sum1butno1
...And it's only getting worse

JediHDM
that's my point...sometimes i can't bear to read the newspaper because i just can't bear the thought of so much going wrong today too...

Korri
wow.. blink

knnknn
I have just started
dictionary-of-matrix.com
smile

Everybody can edit every article and add all the info.

Happy editing!!

Jamaican
Hey i saw on that website (Dictionary of Matrix) it says

"On this interpretation it makes sense to see Cypher as the devil. This interpretation is no longer applicable in the sequels."

If you are looking at the Matrix as a Biblical Interpretation, Cypher would not be the Devil, he would be Judas, the Apostle that betrayed Jesus, just as he betrayed Neo and everyone else by selling out to Smith.

Jamaican
Also, if you guys are interested in more Biblical Interpretations, heres some more...

Merovingian - The Devil
We see this in many ways...
1. Name of his club - Hell
2. He is willing to give up Neo, if he receives the eyes of the oracle, just as the devil wanted Jesus in return for everyone being able to attain salvation.

Smith - Anti-Christ/666/The Beast
Again we see this through...
1. He is Neo's opposite. And going on the basis that Neo is Jesus, Smith would no doubt be the 'Anti-Jesus'
2. He comes into the Matrix and starts causing havoc and converting everyone as himself, copying himself.

JediHDM
The Merovingian is not the Devil, he is Hades. He is not 'evil' or 'malevolent', he just does what he needs to further his causes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.