LOTR Synchronicity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
Synchronicity is 'The match formed by synchronizing a movie with an unrelated music album, to produce a new experience unintended by either work.'

This one uses the 'The Fellowship of the Ring' with three Radiohead albums; 'Hail To The Thief', 'Amnesiac' and 'Kid A'.

Lord Of The Radioheads
1). Start Hail To The Thief after the 'New Line Cinema' logo at the start of the film. Play the whole album, repeat it but stop after Track 4 and pause the video.

2). Having paused the video start it again with Amnesiac (but program your stereo memory to skip Track 3).
Play the whole album, repeat it but stop after Track 2 and pause video.

3). Having paused the video start it again with Kid A (but program your stereo memory to skip Track 9).

sync ends at end credits.

Give this a go - its very cool.
If you dont have all the albums id recooomend trying the 'Hail To The Thief' section at least - v.good!

sauron
oh kinda like pink floyd and wizard of oz, but music in lotr is classical

radiohead arent

mook
yeah like the floyd/oz sync.

it doesnt matter what the film score is like as you mute the film so the albums become the soundtrack for the film - it goes with it nicely.

sauron
how like, because i dont think radiohead have sang anything that would fit with lotr

Hegemon875
radiohead ISN'T, singular there is only one radiohead. wink

mook
well the idea with syncing is to get an album that will match what is happening on screen - might be atmosphere,lyrics, musically or a combination... obviously Radiohead songs dont contain lyrics about hobbits (for example) ut if youve heard Hail To The Thief youll know the first song will match the mood of seeing the introduction to the story with the battle scenes etc. and then the lyrics of the 2nd song ('walk into the jaws of hell, we can wipe you out') also sync with the scenes of battle and the volcano etc.
this syncronicity continues with the albums i suggested in my original post.
if you have the albums give it a go - its easy to experience then to explain it! smile

mah
Original experiment, nice thread mook, thanks for the heads up! thumb up
I do actually have those albums so I'll indeed be trying this out!

mook
cool hope you enjoy it.

you can find other syncs ive done (and loads of other peoples) at

http://www.synchronicityarkive.com

(go to 'Synch Database' then 'Search' or 'Complete Listings')

sauron
yes but radiohead are a band, there is more than one person, and it is ARENT.

p.s how exactly did some1 find that out, good lord they must have a bad life lol

i apologise if it was you mook, who found it

mook
lol yeah it was me smile
but i dont think any of us can talk about having a life since were on LOTR website!! big grin

mook
Hit to Death in Middle-earth
('Hit To Death In The Future Head' by The Flaming Lips +LOTR)

Program your cd player to play tracks 1-10 (so it doesnt play the hidden track 11). Put the album on Repeat.

Start the album after the words 'New Line Cinema' and repeat till the end credits.

mah
Great stuff..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.