Thomas Harris

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
Thomas Harris is the man we all have to thank for the gripping storyline that lies at the very heart of Manhunter. The original novel, titled 'Red Dragon' is an intense story which be remembered for all time as the one which introduced the world to the chilling character of Doctor Hannibal Lector.

Harris has now published four novels - his first was 'Black Sunday' and the other three are the Hannibal Lector trilogy ('Red Dragon', 'The Silence of the Lambs' and 'Hannibal')

Ive never read black sunday but read the other three. I thought the red dragon was the scraiest book I have ever read...does anyone else like Thomas Harris and which of the books would you say is the best?

Rogue Jedi
i am gonna check it out....

h0ck3yh0rr0r
BKK i was going to make the same thread but you one step ahead of me smile i think Thomas Harris is great. i mostly liked SOTL and Red Dragon. still haven't read Hannibal. sad but saw movie.

badkittykitty
hockey I had you in mind really wink hannibal is good...it had a few slow parts between killins but over all very good...and way better than the movie smile

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i have to read hannibal. better than red dragon?

badkittykitty
no no not better than either the red dragon or silence of the lambs.
its funny though I read hannial and was totally freaked(in a good way)by the ending..you know I hear that the book is why jodie foster didnt come back..lol

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol
ok so red dragon vs SOTL which u liked better?
i prefered red dragon. just a little bit better.

badkittykitty
well book wise the red dragon definatly was the best! I recommed it to every one who like horror books...sotl movie was better than the red dragon movie to me though

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yea SOTL movie was better than red dragon movie.

badkittykitty
atfer hannibal who is your favorite character ?

RonyLeBeau
i think 'Hannibal' is the best book by T.H, i read this book in 2 days i could not put it down.

I hope T.H. writes a book of Lecters life as a child/teenadult. I have not heard anything. I just heard they are planning to make a movie but no book(yet). sad

I am with you BK..... i have not read Black Sunday. What is it about, do you know?? blink

badkittykitty
black sunday was before the lecter books and he's not a part of it it's a story of a terrorist plot to detonate plastic explosives from a blimp during the Super Bowl. thats all I know...
wow that would be great! thats the first Ive heard of that! didnt Hannibal start out the same way...was conceived as a movie then t.h. set to task to write the book..Im not sure thats the rumor I heard. if so then we should get our hands on a pre-teen lecture before it hits theaters smile

RonyLeBeau
Personally Black Sunday sounds boring but maybe i am wrong. Sounds like something from "the Simpsons" wink (i think there was an episode like that)

i do not remember where i heard there will be a movie about kid/teen/youngadult Lecter i think it was E! or some show of that nature. I would prefer the book .......but i can't be choosey ( i would welcome either). shifty

h0ck3yh0rr0r
look at picture in my sig thats my fav character after hannibal.

lol

badkittykitty
forgive me hockey but I dont know who that is..*covers head from whirling objects*

I think I meant in lector books..lol

me too!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol^

bkk u know they making Lecter Vartion. Prequel to Red Dragon. (movie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.