Close me if I'm redundant but where does Tsion get its tech from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GABRIEL05
Do they sneak up above ground and steal it from like broken "obsolete" machines? or do they actually devise the knowhow to build this stuff themselves? I think they begin with salvaged resources, then they learn to create their own tech and build Zion up.

burlyman
Tsion? ...is this like Trish roll eyes (sarcastic)

GABRIEL05
sorry I just like spelling things wierd ways.

MC Mike
They send Trish up. She always gets something new. Happy Dance

JediHDM
Tsion and Zion are very similar in pronunciation...leave him alone

JKozzy
Yeah.

MC Mike
Both your theories are probably correct. Happy Dance

burlyman
embarrasment hey, i was joking stick out tongue

GABRIEL05
Don't worry I don't take sh*t personal. Whats irking me is that none of you have any theories though stick out tongue

JediHDM
well, considering Zion is probably already built when they get there, i'm guessing that the tech is there also...

JKozzy
It was already there? What about the "first" Zion? And how would it be built, and wouldn't the people released from the matrix know that it was made by the machines?

GABRIEL05
The first Zion probably had tech from the end of war. Think of it like this. After the war Zion is the last human outpost (circa matrix 1.0) It gets destroyed later (circa end of matrix 2.0) and the process we now know of begins with the rebuilding of zion and the such.

burlyman
the sewers used to be cities that spanned hundreds of miles.. there is industrial style remains littering them...
these were here before zion even started

GABRIEL05
yeah but zion is far away from those sewers. It'd be hard to get there without transport. However that might answer where the tech came from

JKozzy
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_desktops/img/7_800x600.jpg

Made in the USA, year 2101.. Morpheus said in M1 that he thought it was 2199 or so.. so basically even the ships are stolen, or remains, or.. how did they get the ships even??

burlyman
01 used to make the hover cars.. gov used planes with the pads on to scorch the skies... they must be able to get parts from somewhere

remember that comic; where there is a guy living (near 01?) and theres all this 20/1st century stuff, and he rescues the rebel.

JKozzy
Which rebel? The one with the DVD and how it cant hold an agent's hair?

burlyman
ooh... this one http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_cmp/troy01.html

Lag
I'd say the only sound theory is that the machines made them back when 01 was flourishing and building all the hover cars and stuff. I think I saw a plate that read 2097 or something like that, I forget where though, maybe it was the Osiris. Yeah I'm sure it was the Osiris, but now I'm not sure it was 2097 it might have been 2197. I'll check tonight or somebody else can. Anyway, that explains the ship, but not the Zion mainframe or Zion itself.

The Omega

GABRIEL05
Thats kinda what I was saying. Excluding my theory that the original zion really was the last stronghold of humanity after the war.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.