Religion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Schizo_n_me
Just out of curiosity, whats your religion?

LanceWindu
Baptist...but mostly Athiest

bLooMiLiCioUs
Hindu

yerssot
none at all, luckily

Schizo_n_me
same here....

Friend44
I was sauced in a bowl of water when I didn't even have the age to feed myself by the Christian community. Later on I was fed - fed or brainwashed? Today I'm fed up.

Hope you permit me to elaborate.

Thousands of years ago, religion was a "necessary evil". People were savages and "might was right". So, some savant ones came up with the idea of a benevolent god who is impervious to anything. He keeps a record of everything everywhere at all time. This was able to contol passions to a point. Needless to say that laws would exist even if gods hadn't. If we didn't have laws we could not function as a society. It would be chaos everywhere.

Furthermore, I think that religion is the biggest gag of human history. It surpasses windows and the teletubbies.

The reward of virtue is virtue.

bLooMiLiCioUs
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/pray.gif
i hail to friend44

Friend44
thumb up Free sex will suffice.

bLooMiLiCioUs
hahaha gd one

Schizo_n_me
I once considered paganism, for I was attending a seventh day adventist school and I wanted to see if I would be expelled or something....

silver_tears
im catholic and proud of it yes
i even go to a private catholic school big grin

lil bitchiness
Well...i was brought up as a christian, but im more into Buddhism than anything else..big grin

Schizo_n_me
Thats wonderful. I fully support people who have religions, as long as they don't try and convert me. My entire family on my mums side is catholic as well.

bLooMiLiCioUs
ah..we dun hv hindu schswink huh not tt i'd really care muchwink

silver_tears
well i would never big grin i believe in diversity big grin
but i think that religion is important in my life yes

dave123
atheist

Captain REX
*sigh* Another one...this will end in SOME sort of argument, I'm sure...

I'm a non-denominational Christian. Don't worry Schizo, I don't convert people. stick out tongue

yerssot
poor you... so easily fouled!

what do you mean rex? wink evil face

Friend44
thumb down Oh-uh... Respect, respect... Is a nice ficticious word...

silver_tears
roll eyes (sarcastic) yea that must be it

yerssot
btw, before people go yelling at me, it was to joke about rex his comment

Friend44
thumb up I can't yell at you but if you leave your phone number collect I will call during the night.

Captain REX
laughing out loud I got it, Yerss.

Didn't get Friend44's though. Was he trying to say he's not giving me and my God respect? *brings out the CROSSbow... wink *

yerssot
hey! I have the biggest imaginary friend here!
*takes out katana* stick out tongue

Friend44
thumb up I must inform you that I am a trained coward. Before you even get a chance to take that crossbow out, I will be screaming and running away like a ***. I can get rough too.

Hegemon875
TOPIC - I consider all religion to be utterly ridiculous so I have none

Captain REX
laughing out loud

No, I don't go crazy on people unless they've seriously dissed me or what I like or what I believe in. As you can see under my name and above the picture, it says "Don't Bash my Opinions." And that's that. big grin

But no, I'm not allowed to verbally beat people on here anyway, being a semi-mod.

yerssot
rex, ya big wuss stick out tongue

Hegemon875
"semi-mod" what do ya mean?

Captain REX
Well, I only have control in the GenFic, rather than a full Mod like Ush, Finti, or Mechmoggy who can edit things everywhere. Raz has full control of everything on this board anyway.

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing

Captain REX
Yes, that was funny.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
im Orthodox Christian.
and i go to Private Catholic School.

Captain REX
Coolio, another Christian! smile

Hegemon875
You're still a mod, just a forum mod not a global mod.

bLooMiLiCioUs
i like a guy who's not afraid to admit he's scaredwink laughing

Captain REX
Scared? Me? Bull! stick out tongue

Yeah, I know, Hege.

julibug
I am a Christian, but I don't fit into what you might call a typical "evangelical"church. Without going into too much, I feel that most churches have become too concerned with the traditions of men and lost sight of what the church really is. Another interesting point is that I believe in Universal Reconciliation. I really don't want to get into all of that here, but if anyone (Rex or others) are interested in any of it, you can pm or e-mail me.

Captain REX
Sounds interesting...

I might take you up on that offer, if I feel urged to.

Anyway...that's 4 Christ-followers so far, myself included.

silver_tears
christ followers blink interesting term you have there

Pablo G
I'm a catholic

tptmanno1
me too.
don't go to catholic school,
no offence to anyone who goes to one but i think they are a big waste of time and money,
but im probably biast

-=Urot=-
I'm Agnostic. wink

Why I'm Agnostic by B. Steven Matthies.

Complicated

finti
leutheran protestant by birth, but no I dont care for no religious group.

YeahRight
Weeder of the smokangelic church smokin'

BackFire
I have a belief that when we die, we get burried and rot, and we don't go up to a happy place in the sky with a big invisible man, surrounded by naked ladies with wings and harps that play music. We are simply dead, forever, and that's it.

I believe my religion is called logicalism

Tired Hiker
I think when you are dead you are dead and that's it. So that's why you should have as much fun as possible while you can.

badkittykitty
I still after all these long years dont know what to believe..*sigh*

Tired Hiker
Yeah, we could just be in the Matrix? embarrasment

BackFire
Yeah, and reloaded was a good movie.

Tired Hiker
laughing out loud

chicken fish
im maendean.one of the few thousand left from my ancient civillization.

yerssot
what???? this place still hasn't erupted into one big fight???? what's wrong guys???

chicken fish
erm i think theres too many people fighting over religions so why bother?

Greek_girl
i agree chicken fish

Greek_girl
hmmmmmmm is yerss on?

bLooMiLiCioUs
hear hear - y start more wars alreadi

finti
all religion sucks and are just big hoaxes

jonny english
hi

bLooMiLiCioUs
hey

but u know what,sum ppl do need sumth to hold on to so its best to go our own ways see - lest ANOTHER war starts *sigh*

Friend44
The day I die, if I end up somewhere and there is a god - whichever one - he will have to give me a lot of explanations.

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing amen to THATwink

The Force
i'm a Christian thumb up

crazy_c
I am a catholic. I dont think im a very religous person eben though i go to church nearly every week and i went to a folk liturgy course for a week where we sang songs about god n stuff. What do you think? huh

finti
that you fit your name wink

lil bitchiness
Reincarnation is what i believe happens to us when we die....

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing

julibug
Here's an interesting article for Christians (& anyone who feels like reading it of course!)

http://www.watchman.net/articles/escape.html

crazy_c
Oi! one eye

Friend44
The only that goes wrong with religion and starts all wars on this planet is the timing. I've visited quite a few forums and fights did occur with subjects like these. Timing. Yup, one will take it TOO serious and another TOO light. So, one is offended and the other didn't mean to - arguement go and when you look at it, no one really meant it to start...

The Force
ya that's what tore ppl apart at the last forums i was at, i was one of a few christians...

Complicated
Really, it has nothing to do with timing, unless you were to say that with proper timing, one side of the possible argument just wouldn't be there to read it until it dropped to the depths of earlier pages...

People's religious beliefs aren't exactly privy to constant change. Were someone to start a thread calling all Christians brainwashed lemmings, and for whatever reason it wasn't deleted, it wouldn't matter when it was - it would elicit a fight.

The Force
i agree, we are not brainwashed lemmings! miffed

Friend44
(i agree, we are not brainwashed lemmings!)

This statement alone is debatable. Why does everyone at one time buy all the same type of clothes? Ok we are not lemmings - but we are sheeps - oh yes, we are sheeps that would jump off the cliff is the leader did...

The Force
huh were sheep because we wear clothes?

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing

Friend44
thumb up Yes you got my point. Whenever you wear clothes (preferably wool) we prove we are sheeps. If you wear a leather jacket you are a cow. I'm sure you are wearing a fruit salad at this moment.

Fire
euhm it aint cause you're a sheep that I am one

I don't follow fashion I've always bought what I wanted because I wanted it for no other reason.

but ofcourse everyone is influenced in their choices but that is at a near unconcious level, some however are more influenced than others

I am NOT A SHEEP, and those that know me IRL can vouch for that

Friend44
Well, accept my apology if you thought I was being personal. I meant the public at large.

The Force
ok where's the flip off smilie wink if i'm a fruit salad then you must be worse off messed, i'm so sorry stick out tongue

supershane
im catholick but i don't go to church i have broken a couple of commandment and am defintely qustioning weather or not anything happens at all when we die

Friend44
( if i'm a fruit salad then you must be worse off)

thumb up You've got me stumped there. In my face.

Complicated
People on the whole, quite obviously, are sheep. It's in our nature to trust in the judgement of the majority - why spend time researching something on your own if you've got 1000 people already doing it without any apperant problems? Not only do we trust others, but enjoy being part of something, and so we find ourselves willing to participate in some things not necessarily all that savory - smoking, drinking, religion, jumping in ice-cold lakes on New Years Day...

Fire
True complicated but still I don't look at fashion to decide what I wear nor do I look at what other ppl wear

I might take into consideration what they will think of what they wear, but that's only some ppl.

and F44 I knew you were talking in general, I just don't think this should be generalised too much

The Force
Friend44, your confusin erm

Friend44
thumb up Thank you.

The Force
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Complicated
So many people say this, and I'm afraid I just don't get it. Do you wear pajamas and sweat suits all the time, with running shoes or slippers or sandals? Really, the only function that clothes serve, other than fashion, is comfort. Even wearing clothing that's out of fashion, like a WWI US Army uniform or a liesure suit, is likely meant to elicit some sort of response from others. That is, unless you're so incredibly vain that you wear clothing based only upon what you like to see when looking in a mirror...

bLooMiLiCioUs
me,i just grab whatever's in my closet that isn't crumpled n still fits mewink

Hegemon875
Yes, we are sheep, it's the best way to survive "safety in numbers"
It's how we've been able to survive throughout our evolution, it's only recently that many of our adaptations have become unnecessary or even harmful due to the advancement of technology. And by recently I mean relatively of course.

Fire
well yea we all wear cloths, and most of us wear the same kind fo cloths in that way we are sheep, but as I said there are bigger sheep than others, there are some things which we are thought from when we are a child and it is very hard to change, those usualy cultural related, things.

for instance you have ppl who go like
ooh no everyone is wearing blue jeans so I have to wear blue jeans

well I never thought like that, I wear black mostly, not cause anyone else does but cause I want to, and I have a very special reason to wear it. So yea basicaly I wear my cloths to make sure I like what I'd see in a mirror

The Force
i wear clothes so that i'm not naked out in public...

Hegemon875
Look at the bigger picture. You're still wearing jeans.

chatcat1313
catholic i go2 a catholic shool happy

Schizo_n_me
<<Hmmm, how did this turn into a disscusion about sheep and clothing habits What the f**k? stick out tongue >>

chatcat1313
im lost, i thought this was a thread for religions not wool blink

Hegemon875
It grew and evolved just as all things do.

The Force
roll eyes (sarcastic) sorry but no, friend44 said that religion was like wool or something *shrugs*

Friend44
thumb up Yes, The Force, you quoted me right. That is exactly what I said. Religion is the same as wool.

Hegemon875
I meant the thread itself.

julibug
laughing out loud

julibug
Of course, some people would say religion pulled the wool over their eyes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shoukan
Don't know what my religion is??? blink

I am sooooo confused about my faith blink

Friend44
thumb up You are normal then.

Fire
true hegemon but my normal pants would be very cold in winter time.
and I also wear other pants except from jeans, but not to go out to school or anything

cause my mom won't let me FFS

Friend44
Hijacking this thread back to the original topic - we can all agree that no one in the world agrees when it comes to religion. We may have only so much religions but each individual "changes" it a little to fit what he thinks. Making it, as many religions as many people... Great wonder why we have always been at war since we can remember - you knew that, right? There has always been a war on this planet at all time.

Fire
nice going to get it back on track F44

julibug
So, what religion are you? Wool, cotton, spandex....

Hegemon875
Denim laughing

julibug
I just hope there aren't any polyesters on here! eek!

Bhang
*ummm...speaks up from the rear. I'm polyester

Hegemon875
KILL THE BLASPHEMER!!!! laughing

Bhang
Should I convert to Rayon?

The Force
i'm a denim wink

Hegemon875
A fellow denimite big grin

Schizo_n_me
lol

Hegemon875
Another one of those new age cottonist hu

Circe
I'm Christian. But my church is very liberal, and open to all religions and beliefs, etc. You guys have no idea how much fun we have at my church. Tomorrow night we're putting on a muder mystery for about 70 people. I'm excited. I think that any religion is fine, as long as you don't put down other peoples religion in a harsh and insulting way. smile

liz123
i am an french orthadox

crazy_c
doctor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.