Ender's Game series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hegemon875
Anyone else read 'em? They're my some of my favorite scifi books ever!!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
nope.

badkittykitty
wow there is a lot of sci-fi fans here huh? enders game sounds so familiar to me...is it anything like starship troopers by chance?

Hegemon875
At a very basic level yes.

BTW I thought Starship Troopers the book and Starship Troopers the movie were about as different as they could be. They completely ignored the philisophical side of the book.

The_Khan
I read Ender's Shadow and that was excellent. Bean is amazing smile I started Ender's Game about Ender Wiggins but I didn't get far, because I had to finish reading Robert Silverberg's Lord Valentine's Castle smile

Hegemon875
Read all seven of the books!! They're awesome!

There's also an ender's game forum but I wont put the link here, might be considered spam, but if you want the link just PM me.

el_barto
this is my fav book they are making a movie about it

Hegemon875
They're gonna turn it into some kiddie scifi action piece o' shit.

badkittykitty
really? these sound good,it would be sad to see good books down played like that sad

Hegemon875
Sadly, it happens all to often.

el_barto
yeah take the batman movies for instance

badkittykitty
the first one was good ????

Hegemon875
His attitude and the overall atmosphere were good but they focused too much on his fighting and gadgets. He has MANY other skills. He is arguably the greatest detective in the DC universe and has mastered over a hundred fighting styles. He has trained for years mastering the art of escape, he can instantly absorb information using techniques he learned while being trained by Tibetan monks, and he has a spidey sense of sorts by using his naturally enhanced senses. But of course in the movies he comes across as a rich Bruce Lee with a bunch of equipment.

The_Khan
I'll definitely read all the books, and I will keep my eyes open for the movie. When will the movie be out, do you know?

el_barto
i have no idea i think mabye early 2004 or december 2003

tptmanno1
this thread deserves bumping
best writer ever, best books ever!!!
makes you think about stuff and plilosophy but keeps you interested with fights and entriguing characters.

Hegemon875
YAY!!! It's back laughing
You can count on me bumping this when ever it gets to far.

el_barto
i like enders game becaouse it had some realy good pholosiphy and it tought me the word "hegemon"

Hegemon875
bump

Rebel Racer
i've read almost all of them. they are by far my favorite books. orson scott card is working on another sequel called 'The Giants Shadow." anyways, i reccomend them to anyone whos a loser smile

el_barto
im almost done with "speaker for the dead" i had to get the book from my bro so it took me a while to get it ( perents are divorced and live in dif states )

LeAtHerRFace
Some of my frenz read it and said it was really gud. I'll probably read it later in the future when I have time.

MasterWizard
Has anyone else read this? I read it last summer, and as soon as I started, I couldn't put it down. It was just so well written. Ender's Shadow was well done too. I could actually sense what the character was feeling as Card described it.

el_barto
there is already a thread on this

el_barto
I JUST FINISHED XENOCIDE!

Striel
I have read Enders Game and Speaker for the Dead. I loved both books. I consider Enders Game to be one of the best sci-fi books I have ever read.

MaverickIce
My favorite is Hot Soup and Peter

Im_Fuzzy
laughing out loud nice

Solo
I just heard about this, I plan on reading it this week. Hopefully I am not disappointed.

Hegemon875
If you like sci fi you wont be.

KingDubya
I've read all in the main series except for Children of the Mind. I've also read Ender's Shadow and Shadow Puppets. Both great books that follow Bean (a third one that follows him is Shadow of the Hegemon).

Hegemon875
Originally posted by KingDubya
I've read all in the main series except for Children of the Mind. I've also read Ender's Shadow and Shadow Puppets. Both great books that follow Bean (a third one that follows him is Shadow of the Hegemon).

And shadow of the giant is the fourth wink

el_barto
Any one hear any news on the movie? I'm not sure if it is really coming out.

KingDubya
This link has a lot of info, though I didn't see a precise date when I skimmed through it, but IMDb says it should come out somewhere in 2007 (damn, that's a long ways off).

http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/ender/endersgame_update.html

Solo
Started and finished "Ender's Game" yesterday. Pretty good, how many is there in the series?

sully_2u
Ender's Game has got to be one of my favorite books. Right after i read it i went out and bought the series. So far I've read Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Ender's Shadow, and Shadow Puppets. I'm currently reading Xenocide which is turning out to be pretty crazy, but in a good way.

Great Vengeance
The books were okay, the battleschool kids often annoyed me with their arrogance and severe lack of the genious there supposed to have. (Excluding Ender)

Jabba the Hutt
I just found out that I have Ender's Game, and Enders Shadow, but i never read them. Can anyone tell me the order all of the books in the series go in?

sully_2u
Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind....that is the Ender Series

Ender's Shaddow, Shaddow of the Hegemon, Shaddow Puppets, and Shaddow of the Giant.....that is the Shaddow series...

I don't think it would make a THRILLING movie but it would be an alright movie if they combined Ender's Game and Ender's Shaddow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.