Movie-to-Book Novelizations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Soth
What do you think? I've read:
Underworld-much better than the movie
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen-Very good, but they drastically changed the ending, I didn't like it.
X2: X-Men United-Pretty much copy and paste expect for the ending, which was brilliantly written
The Mummy Returns-Pretty good, don't remember it very well
Spider-Man-better than the movie

badkittykitty
X2: X-Men United-totally agree with you on this
queen of the damned-great book /horrid movie
Count of Monte Cristo-loved both...but only got to read half the book but what read I loved
the stand-great book and actually the tv movie was pretty impressive!

Ill have more later! smile

Lord Soth
I've never heard of The Stand.

badkittykitty
its by stephen king/a story about a plague that kills just about everyone and divides the survivors into 2 groups of good and evil..they made a week long tv movie about it,it was pretty dang good for tv..could be just because I loved the book~which is like a 1000 pgs!

Lord Soth
That sounds great laughing

h0ck3yh0rr0r
all books are always better than the movies.

Lord Soth
Movies are better than the books in ways, and the books are better than the movies in ways (more of the latter)

Paola
I agree on the Queen of the Damned!!
the movie sucked!!

BOPRecruit 16
*spider-man: just as good as the movie (extra scenes and more insight to characeters' thoughts)
*lxg: way better than movie, more detail

badkittykitty
Lord of the Rings-great books/great movies (maybe a tad to much singing in the books)
silence of the lambs-great book more detail than the movie but both were great
Misery-loved the book and the followed it pretty good except one little thing I wish they would have left in...... she chopped his thumbs off

Lord Soth
They gave more detail, yeah, but I hate the way they changed the ending so drastically

vvvrulz
Books are generally better because they cover details in more depth and allow the reader to picture the situations for themselves, rather than whats thrusted in front of them on the screen.

Lord Soth
And they get into the characters' minds, letting us know why they're doing certain things. usually we know why anyway, though.....

EOWYN3
Ameican Psycho was quite good as a movie--the book made me nauseous.

badkittykitty
I love this movie..I heard he nails a girl to the floor in the book...so I past on it

EOWYN3
Yes, the book is just SICK.

Lord Soth
^interested now big grin

mlblover15
i dont think that ANY book should ever be put into film... reason being they ruin the books .. BUTCHER is a much better word.. every book that ive loved... by clancy and ludlum have been pissed on in my opinion. it isnt right.. maybe what they should do is put them into tv series so that you can see THE ENTIRE BOOK PAGE FOR PAGE unfold not cuttting and pasting what you think is the best parts and add other things... grrrrrr that just pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Soth
Sure, but some things work on the page that do not work on film

BOPRecruit 16
i like lxg, spider-man, and x2 movie to novelizations. just a shame there isn't one for the last samurai, once upon a time in mexico and some other movies that i can't think of right now.

LimeLight
Interview with the Vampire was a wonderful book/movie whereas Queen of the Damned was a great book yet HORRIBLE MOVIE!!! I got so mad when I rented it I turned it off halfway through to calm down and then turned it on to watch the rest (I have a horror movie website so I needed to see it/I was also curious what they did to butcher the story even further). To anyone who luckily for them, have not seen this film, heres the warning. Stay away and read the book.

Samas-adian
The Stand is good...especially the spread of the disease (which takes up like 300 pages)...still reading it though, so no tell.

This is really not straight to book adaptations but...

You remember the Doom books??? Great books hahaha ( i know its a videogame but still cool)
I recently got the Alien books. They were in a series with about 6...ive only read three of them. But great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.