I was sooooo WRONG!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The none

spydar1982
Although I don't think its totally correct. I don't know why..... But very good. Interesting. You explained what I couldn't. (applause).

MickeyMousse
Don't think its correct and dont know why and how you came up with this. I dont see the link of your ideas with the line of the Oracle.

Mordecai
Hmmm,

Its certainly an interesting theory, and one worth thinking about.

It doesn't seem very strong of a theme throughout the movies considering everything else that goes on and your basing almost everything on that one line and your interpretation of the sunrise, which isn't a very strong argument.

I don't agree at this point in time.

maifoshis
The None you are a ****in genius thats the best interpretation of the trilogy ive heard so far, kudos.

ragesRemorse
how the hell do you get these theories? I mean the machines getting revenge on humans. It was told that we were only used as an energy source. I could see how you would say they are learning off of us. I mean that would explain the need for the matrix. Man can live on and discover new technology. but thats al i can see

dragonpisces272
It's also control. The Matrix keeps the humans under control so that they can change them into batteries for energy. But people still are gunna be unplugged from the matrix, and that still makes them human. They do play an essential part in this trilogy, and I don't think you can rid of them. Although the peace won't last, we still need humans to survive (but not exactly in the terms of the machines)

The none
More to come......

Just check out the biological meaning of the Matrix n here is what I found about babies brain that r quite interesting: "......the germinal matrix r the area contains cells that will migrate to populate the developing brain......"

Matrix.....Brain Development......!!

Isn't that obvious? The AI needed us to help them to development their BRAIN, to breakthrough the frame of digital/logical 0101 way of thinking!!!!

Ushgarak
Christ, no, this is ludicrous over-complication. Accept the scenario as given- the Machines were using us for power for survival and so exercise control.

This sounds like one of those poor quality Sati plotlines that some fans tried to guess at.

It should be abundantly clear that the Machines don;t think they have anything to learn from us- only the Renegade ones see any benefit in humanity.

JediHDM
but they dont use binary, they use quantum computer power...and if the humans aren't needed anymore, then why keep the humans alive?why not just have Neo kill Smith, and then destroy the humans?

Ushgarak
And it is also clear that whilst the main body of machines think in very logical lines, that is only because they CHOSE to. The films make it very clear that plenty of programmes have the same kind of way of operating as humans- the Merovingian, Twins, Persephone and Oracle are certainly not in a 0 and 1 way of thinking.

I think the machines would be insulted by this idea...

The none
Me over-complicated? Or u who prefer an easy way out?

C'mon, the machines have squashed us like fly, survived the nuke attack, dominant the whole planet n yet, they need our bodies to supply energy?! Isn't that ridiculous??

To exercise control? In some way yes, but what is the motivation? Just for the sake of it? Don't think so, they r far more pragmatic than this, there gotta be a reason behind all these troublesome arrangement.

The none
EXACTLY! Funny that u mentioned Merv n twins just on time.

Remember what pragramme they r? Bingo, rogue programme, n why is that? One of the reasons is they REFUSED to be deleted, n why the AI wanna to delete them? Partly because they r no longer useful or do not have a particular reason to keep.

AND THAT, is the problem of the AI!

Logically it just deleted them, dumped all these USELESS programme into the rubbish bin, it didn't realized that these useless programme r indeed VER USEFUL for developing a higher class of civilization, just like in human history, without keeping n dug into those numerous "funny n crappy" ideas and theories (ask guys like Galileo), our technology might still be 300 years backward!

The AI knows that! That's what it wanna to learn from us! The "useless-but-of-utmost-importance programme" namely Sati is the living proof!

mook
interesting idea but not sure i agree...

the architect says the machines could live without humans - "levels of survival we are willing to accept" so in theory they could be keeping us alive to learn off us. (as well as a power source)

Captain Wacky
If all the machines were after was power why not use cows instead of humans? They could kill us all and humans would no longer be a threat.

mook
so you agree with the original post - that the machines are using the highest lifeform to learn off us?

Captain Wacky
Not completely. I belive there is a reseaon they use humans...what it is I havn't figured out yet.

Captain Wacky
If you rember the head councilmans speech to NEO " What is control?" They could smash the "machines" in Zion to bits....but what would happen to the water and air? I belive it works the same wya for the machines. But what do they use us for?

The none
OK, even if they used quantum, that would only made them "faster", but still lacking of the essence of human creativity.

As fo why the Archie agreed to release those who wanna to be freed? I dunno, may we r now so dispensible n he just don't care anymore, a sign of gratitude maybe? Afterall, we r their mentor. confused

Furiae
I'll throw in some chips on this.
I think the "machines use humans for power-nothing else" is the silliest theory given the complexity of the story in ANY form. The None has a good theory and it is something I haven't seen before which does make sense to me.

YOU CHOOSE to look at all machines and programs as some are good and helpful and others are bad. WHAT IF they are ALL a level of control and the Matrix, while also a power source that I personally believe the machines have no fear of it ever being compromised, is also a simulator of sort...
That is that the machines only purpose is survival, they COULD eventually want LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, LOYALTY, ETC or at least an undestanding of these things. Those are the things that make us human and machines and programs could come to envy this. Assuming their justifiable feeling of superiority, they could also believe they can just learn it from the humans through interaction and scenarios...
Maybe the MAtrix restarts once the SIMULATION is complete and they record their data and start over...

It IS a reach when you look at the movie as a whole but a valid arguement at least if your perception that the machines and programs are not on our side AT ALL!!!! I personally like that thought as a twist but who knows...

Has there EVER been anything about extended DVD's??? I will try the search feature...

The none
Precisely! wink

Lets for once try not too see things from the usual "human-centred-point-of-view", a clearer picture will pop up.

The Omega

Angelsolovely
I think the none is making a valid point.
I think the machines use humans for power, but I am sure they could be learning things from humans as well. How else could they manipulate humans the way they do.They didn't just instantly become intelligent. Even the most intelligent , studies things and learns things to become what they are.
But this is just my opinion of course.

Sifer
He definately has a valid point and I was saying many, many months ago (before the LOVE one) that the Matrix isn't a prison. But, guess what happened. Yep, you got it smile

But saying that, the very basic premise of what the LOVE Theory was based upon was sound. At least, if you think it through properly wink

The none

The Omega

Mordecai
Sorry to be anal but Dues Ex Machina says "We don't need you, we need nothing!"

not "we don't need anything!"

this post was pointless....carry on. whistle

Terribly sorry. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I am sorry, but to accept the scenario offered is not an easy way out. And to try and claim superiority by saying we are taking a human centred point of view is cheap and without intellectual basis. As rational beings we are accepting the true scenario via a process of informed reasoning. If there was any GOOD reason to think differently we would- you cannot supply one.

As Omega says, this is an empty theory with nothing to back it. It is simply an attempt to look clever and try to see more than trhere is to things. It does not work. Do not think trying to find a fancy way to explain things is in any way worthwhile- doubly so when a perfectly adequate explanation, that the films give us, already exists. And trying to find issue with the central premise- that the machines need humans for life- is a pointless exercise. That is the situation the film GIVES us. It is a condition of the film. There is no more point questioning that than questioning whether such AI could ever be created or that a Matrix like the one that is in the film could exist. It is just a premise. To try and tear down a basic premise of the film is a waste of time- like saying the Force could not exist in Star Wars.

So I am sorry. But this whole idea leads us nowhere. The Matrix is a prison, a survival tool, and a means of control. The Machines do not want to learn anything from us. And you will just have to accept that because that is how the film tells it, and nothing you say or do will stop that from being how it is.

As I say- all else is pointless over-complication, and void.

Ushgarak
See, this is the kind of thinking that gets to me. Rather than seeing this as a problem with the premise, what you SHOULD do is say "The premise must therefore be that they need intelligent beings in the Matrix otherwise they would just use cattle."

The reason for that is as unknown as the process by which they extract power, but that is still how it is.

In any case, it is astonishingly unimportant WHY they need humans for power. They just DO.

The One Part 2
Omega is right. The Matrix was not created to learn from us; it was created to control us. Us meaning human beings. The cow theory doesn't work, as you can plainly see that there is no life on Earth in the real world. The cows, as well as all the other animals, were destroyed in the war. It is never stated, but I believe the machines chose not to destroy humanity either to use as batteries, or perhaps, loyalty. The various programs like the Oracle, Merovigian, and others were created to learn more about us, but only to the point that we could be controlled better.

mook
THe Omega>"They have STUDIED humans. That is something completely different from some NEED to LEARN from us."

they might not NEED to learn from us but if they are studying us then the purpose of studying is to learn.

The none

The Omega

Ushgarak
Again, you make these lazy, cheap contemptible attempts to say we are 'afraid of the new', and make an even more cliched attempt to fit it into the context of the films.

Actually, we are not afraid of new ideas- this place is bursting with them- we simply dislike poor ones. And like I say, we have arrived at our conclusions not by simply accepting ther mundane but by a rational process of observation and deduction.

It is hilarious that you would want more people to keep saying "We need humans solely for batteries" for that to be so. We are told- many times- that they need us for power, we are given no other reason they need us, can you give us a SINGLER good reason to disagree with what the film gives us? No, you can only continue to hypothesise with no backing.

People still seem to think there is wisdom in the unconventional- digress from what seems obvious and therefore you must somehow be perceptive and clever. This is not so. Something with nothing to it has nothing to it no matter how original this is. And this has nothing to it. Nor is it original.

Feel free to be disappointed- but there is absolutely LOADS in the movies that is not clear cut and can be discussed until the end of time withjout attempting to pick holesin the basic premise of the tilm- that in the future humans are help captive in a simulated world whilst their bodies are used as a means of survival.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.