Interesting direction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
There's a scene in "The Phantom Menace" which kind of caught my eye. It was right after Anakin had one the race, and Qui-Gon freed Ani.

Anikan goes into that one room, and turns on 3PO. C3PO starts talking, and one shot shows what he's seeing. Do you know what I'm talking about? I think it's a unique shot, one which Lucas hadn't shown before. I wonder why he went with that shot?

Thoughts?

yerssot
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
Anie and 3PO sitting in a tree.....

sorry! j/k, turning on and switching on is something different. (I'm not the one that should laugh though)

There is gonna be a shot in EpII about the same as this one; they say

LanceWindu
I don't know what you're talking about since I don't have the DVD yet.
You can tell me what you're talking about using the spoiler tags.

yerssot
it's also in the movie

ToMacco
Lw

it's after the race. qui-gon tells ani to pack his things. then ani goes into the backroom and turns on 3po. "well 3po, i'm going away on a starship."

it's shortly after that. it shows what 3po sees, which is anakin looking up at him. you'll see it.

queeq
Yes, the POV shot (=Point of View shot).

I always wondered about that, discussed it here even. But I got trashed for questioning GL's directing decisions.

I think, now after seeing the DVD, GL had a thing for POV's in this film. He also planned to have a POV shot of the frog Jabba ate before spitting it out at the gong. It's in the deleted scenes.

Ushgarak
But far fewer- in fact virtually no- cockpit POV's in TPM. Odd...

yerssot
because that is difficult to show to viewers.

Ushgarak
Er.... NO it isn't... it was a fundmental part of the Battle of Yavin... silly little yerssot.

yerssot
I can't remember that one!

King Jedi
It wasn't one. It was used a lot. Like when they approach the Death Star.

yerssot
*mental note: watch ROTJ*

queeq
*shakes head at yerssott*

Anyway, back to 3PO, I did think that was an odd shot. He never once did that in the OT, I wonder if he uses it again in the PT. If he doesn't that shot makes no sense to me.

yerssot
he will!

seeing things again through 3PO's eyes

Ushgarak
Hmm... I doubt if there is anything you know that queeq doesn't, yerssot...

yerssot
My fathers name for example.

Ushgarak
About Star Wars. As you well know...

yerssot
how are the little green creatures are called when you see the tanks on the hill on the trailer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.