next Wachowski Bros film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
what would you want it to be?

theve done gangster/thriller thing in Bound
then Matrix (!)

what next?
id like a horror typr film.

EyeMakeMovies
i tnhkn they're done--in one of the special features, they talk about coming up with one great idea, making it hapeen, then theyre done. i think the matrix will see a lot more things like the animatrix though

mook
the 'quit while youre ahead' aproach eh?

i think they should leave the matrix alone now - theve got M1-3, animatrix, Enter the matrix game and this Online thing.

i hope they do something new+different - think about how revolutionary M1 was... they could do that for a different genre etc

EyeMakeMovies
thats true--a diffent genre would be cool, but everyone would expect matrix-like effects, and writing, so i dunno how well it would go over..

mook
as long as it was made clear it was nothing to do with the matrix (advertising and marketing) it would be ok.

they would still be likely to do great stuff just in different ways with different genres etc - no bullet time etc smile

((The_Anomaly))
i dont think that it would go over too well, i mean look at george lucas, he did starwars and then basically nothing (of any importance anyways) and then like 30 years later he went back to starwars.....im not sure in W. bros could fair any better, but who knows.......

mook
george lucas is a crap director with too much money. he only directed the first one and then started doing the prequels which are poor.

the W.brothers have proved themselves good directors (bound) prior to a major hit (matrix).
as long as they stay away from the matrix + matrix type stuff they could make another good film.

Noola
It's always hard to capture lightning in a bottle, let alone for a second time.

But it might happen

Might

husky321
Hopefully they are done with movies. 3 out of four of them have sucked. They will never get a big budget movie after the disappointing matrix series. If Cameron or Spielberg had directed the matrix it would have grossed so much more and we would not have had these b.s. video games and comics.the movies would be classics

Noola
Which 3 do you think sucked?

BackFire
Actually, the directing is what I thought to be the only real strong point of the two matrix sequels. However, I don't think the Wachowski bro's will ever make another hit, they'll probably fade into mediocrity after they make a few bombs and stinkers.

DARKVIRUS
No they cant fade into mediocrity backfire see they will always have the matrix to bring them back and believe me even if the sequal that they say "will never happen" is mediocre they will always have there legion of programmed drones to make such comments as "you just did'nt get it"....hehehe. Happy Dance

BackFire
I don't think the Matrix Series will be able to be used as a crutch for very long.

husky321
m2,m3 and bound. actually m2 and m3 didn't suck but they did not come anywhere near their potential.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.