Free Will vs Destiny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

johnnyjj22
Sorry - this subject might have been already discussed. My question is:

If the Oracle knew exactly what was going to happen with Smith and Neo then how could Neo claim that he had a choice? My argument is that his actions were already pre determined. Even when Neo was talking to the Architect to choose which door - the Oracle had to have known that he would sacrifice Zion. Her "gamble" was the events that transpired after Neo and Smith cancelled out.

Neo figured out while he was talkig to the Architect that the problem the Architect had with humans was free will. So from choice - Neo was created. And at the end of M1 Neo's powers manifested - at the same time to balance the equation out he created Smith - which ironically would be his downfall - because he had to sacrifice himself to defeat Smith.

So the Architect knows that choice would cause an anomoly (Neo). However controls in the Matrix (Oracle) would ensure that those anomolies wouldn't destroy the Matrix - hence the machines. So Neo created himself - but in doing so created the thing that would destroy him (Smith). But this was all planned by the Oracle knowing that anomolies would take place. So is there free will ever in the Matrix trilogy? Am I missing something?

johnnyjj21
Free Will Smith! zorro

mailedbypostman
you're weird

xeous
No one can see past choices they can't understand. IMO, The Oricle couldn't see which door that Neo would choose.

Korri
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.