Spielberg's Best Flick ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pablo G
I really like most of them but my favorite is...

Pablo G
the Indy movies

Discos
thank god the Indie movies are out on DVD now, my video collection of them were getting as bit of wear and tear going on.

vvvrulz
Jurassic park was awesome, my vote went there. Closely followed by The Indy movies and Saving Private Ryan.

scott
Jurassic Park is the only dino movie that still scare people, it has to be the coolest.

gregmss
what about speilberg produced films like back to the future

movie_freak
Sving Private Ryan is good but Indiana Jones Trilogy is the best

wicker_man
Wow a genuienly difficult question Spielberg is a genius in all genres.
Most notably Jaws, Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, Indiana Jones and ET.

fini
ok whoever came up with this poll is EVIL...........i was like........how the hell do i choose................and YOU DID NOT PUT in a choise for "ALL OF THE ABOVE" dammit.........

cgtuna21
Saving Private Ryan's the best. Then follows Jurrasic Park and Jaws.

lederuvdapac
schindlers list while not my favorite is his best

badkittykitty
the color purple is the best,for some reason its not on your list..that movie is great

Dario Argento
Actually I don't like Spielberg very much, but Jaws is by far his best film.

THX1000b
Saving Private Ryan

SilverFighter
I have a tie between Amistad and Schindler's List.

Kes
I was asking my sister which one is her fave and she says Spielberg has a horror movie (not Jaws) anyone know what she's talking about? She remembers he has 1, she's not possitive about it.

Kes
"Always" is not on the list either. Its a very good movie too.

Patient_Leech
Toss up between Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones I-III (not the 4th atrocity).

Myth
Jurassic Park for me.

BruceSkywalker
Jaws.. 'nuff said

queeq
He has a couple great ones: Jaws, ET, Raiders, Color Purple, Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I like Jaws a lot. The book is really good as well. I really like Minority Report, also.

He also has some bullshit: War of the Worlds, Catch Me If You Can, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull..

RE: Blaxican
War of the Worlds was great. The only problem with that movie was that the son lived at the end. If that hadn't of happened, it would have perfect.

His worse movie is AI, imo. I didn't like Temple of Doom, either.

siriuswriter
The Indiana Jones TRILOGY. We don't mention the fourth one out here much. It's a naughty word where I live.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
War of the Worlds was great. The only problem with that movie was that the son lived at the end. If that hadn't of happened, it would have perfect.

Yeah, it was okay besides that. I mean what the hell... he got swallowed by a freakin' fireball, but somehow survived.

His worse movie is AI, imo.

I don't mind it. But I would have much rather seen Kubrick's version.

I didn't like Temple of Doom, either.

Blasphemy.

rudester
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind for me bob.

astarisborn94
His best is definitely Schindler's List. It is one of the best movies ever made and the only movie so far that I would give a 10/10 to.

Impediment
Jaws.

steverules_2
Was between Jaws and Jurassic park...had to give it to Jurassic Park

ares834
Jurassic Park was his best.

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I like Jaws a lot. The book is really good as well. I really like Minority Report, also.

He also has some bullshit: War of the Worlds, Catch Me If You Can, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull..

War of the Worlds was awesome IMO, never understood the hate. But yeah Minority Report kicks ass.

steverules_2
I loved the story and the acting, but the dinosaurs stole the show, the effects and everything was ground breaking and so good. Too bad Jurassic Park 3 sucked. I enjoyed the sequel The lost world, loved the T-Rex's rampage through San Diego, and that guys death at the hand of the copies is still such a chilling scene.

roughrider
It's hard to separate his absolute best films.

Schindler's List isn't No.1 for me, so much as it is 1a.
And Saving Private Ryan is 1b.
Jaws - 1c.
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind - 1d.

Then E.T. and Raiders Of The Lost Ark kind of tie for 5th place for me. That's my Top Five for him.

SupermanAscends
Jurassic Park.

Steven Speilberg appears to have his own special style in making movies. I'd say he's a great director.

Mr. Rhythmic
Jaws is my favorite. One of the best summer blockbusters ever made.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kes
I was asking my sister which one is her fave and she says Spielberg has a horror movie (not Jaws) anyone know what she's talking about? She remembers he has 1, she's not possitive about it.

For some reason everybody's forgetting POLTERGEIST.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
For some reason everybody's forgetting POLTERGEIST.

He wrote it. Didn't direct. I actually just watched it for the first time the other night. Definitely not his best work anyway. Didn't really get semi good until the end. And I will say, the movie really confused me: I still don't know if I'm supposed to stay OUT of the light, or go INTO the light. :/

Esau Cairn
Still Speilberg is synonymous with Poltergeist.

As you mentioned, you've recently watched it whereas I saw it when it originally came out & the marketing was "Steven Speilberg's Poltergeist."

As with E.T. & yet he only produced both movies.

Anyway, I'm thinking this is the horror movie, Kes' sister may have been referring too.

dadudemon
Spielberg's best flick?

the bean

*trollface*

dadudemon
Out of those films listed, I enjoyed Minority Report the most. It was a tough decision between that and Jurassic Park.

Esau Cairn
A.I. is a personal fav.
Very haunting scenes & the sadness of the story did bring a tear to my eye...

Speilberg really captured the essence of time & loneliness.
Frances O'connor, superb actress.

Patient_Leech

As you mentioned, you've recently watched it whereas I saw it when it originally came out & the marketing was "Steven Speilberg's Poltergeist."

As with E.T. & yet he only produced both movies.

Anyway, I'm thinking this is the horror movie, Kes' sister may have been referring too.

You need to get your facts straight, sir. Speilberg did direct E.T. It's been years since I saw it. I remember it being pretty good, though.

ArabianDrums
The best? Easily Schindler's List.

My favourite? Last Crusade, all the way.

roughrider

It's one of the still unresolved stories surrounding that film - that he was the true director of it and not Tobe Hooper.

Spielberg continues to give Hooper all the credit, but many cast members talk about shooting certain days, and they felt Spielberg was the man running things on the set. The melding of their styles wasn't as seamless as Spielberg working with George Lucas on the Indiana Jones films.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
You need to get your facts straight, sir. Speilberg did direct E.T. It's been years since I saw it. I remember it being pretty good, though.

According to the internet, he's credited as Producer.

Blinky
A.I.

Because it had a dash of Kubrick.

roughrider
According to the internet, he's credited as Producer.

Spielberg was both Director and Producer on E.T. I don't know what site could be saying he didn't direct one of his most famous & popular films.

Esau Cairn
Well IMDb says he only produced E.T. while Wiki says he was both director & producer...

*shrugs*

roughrider
Well IMDb says he only produced E.T. while Wiki says he was both director & producer...

*shrugs*

I looked at IMDB. His director credits have him clearly listed as director.
It's just that his producer credits come up first, is all.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
I looked at IMDB. His director credits have him clearly listed as director.
It's just that his producer credits come up first, is all.

Yeah, I don't like the way IMDB is organized like that.

Wingsprint
Duel_(1971_film)

Duel is a 1971 television (and later full-length theatrical) film starring Dennis Weaver, who plays a terrified motorist stalked on a remote and lonely road by the unseen driver of a mysterious tanker truck. It was written by Richard Matheson, based on his own short story, and directed by Steven Spielberg in his feature film directing debut

maheshbalan
i like Schindlers list of Speilberg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.