Why Peter Why? (ROTK Spoiler)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philldwill
I am scared and I am not easily scared. Rumor has it that Saruman will not appear in ROTK at all. This kills me, for we who have read the books know that Wormtongue has his greatest moment in ROTK, when he slices Saruman's throat in the Shire. This depresses me so, granted I already knew Pete was getting rid of the scorching of the shire but I could handle this but I am getting so worried. I love the first two films even though we had to lose some precious parts but when you lose something this important it just cuts ya, it cuts ya real deep.

What do you think?

Lord Soth
That's probably just what you said it is....a rumor

Philldwill
It is no longer just a rumor, Christopher Lee talked about it and so did Peter. It is the real deal.

Lord Soth
Well that's just no fun

forumcrew
its on the rotk dvd he had to make it work for the big screen didnt wanna start rotk with old shit wanted to get right into the main story of rotk

Lord Soth
If it isn't in the movie for certain, then it'll be on the Ext. DVD anyway

Philldwill
Since Saruman isn't in the third movie, no one knows what happened to him. The average viewer will just never know what happened to the man responsable for the death of hundreds of Elves and Humans. It's just odd to me. I am mainly going to miss the breaking of Sarumans staff, a wizard without his staff is almost powerless, but Saruman still has his staff so he can do some serious damage. I am sure the movie will still be good, but I will just miss the part that shows how power Gandalf has become. The part where Gandalf pushes Saruman out of Theoden just didn't cut it. If he wanted to get the third movie started quicker he should have had a flashback or something. I am a fan of the books, if the book can get someone to spend an hour reading about the Saruman-Gandalf scene I am sure he could have put a 7 minute scene in the movie. I don't see how it was necessary to take out all of Sarumans scenes.

Discos
meh, In the book I thought this all happened to Saruman at the near very end of the book, not at the start?

Kes
moving to LOTR forum
moving--moved

mah
This has been discussed in too many threads as it is, find one of those.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.