Sati = Matrix's Mother

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGooseyOne
Today, a friend brought up an interesting idea that one of you has probabyl talkeda bout on this forum already, but I'm simply too busy to look at the hundreds of posts here. That idea, as the subject mentions, is that Sati would be the Matrix's mother. In Reloaded, when Neo confronts the Architect he speaks of the Matrix's mother. When Neo asks "the Oracle?" the Architect replies with a something on the order of "Please." Disregarding that he would have anything to do with the Oracle. If that is true, the only other program left with a purpose (other than the ones you can't see) is Sati. Her being femal would line her up perfectly as being the "mother." I believe in this theory, what do you think? Happy Dance

The One Himself
No, I do not believe in this theory. The Mother of the Matrix is The Oracle.

The Omega
The Architects says "pleasssse" because Neo interrupts him.
"AS I was saying...," the Architect continues.
Sati was written by two programs from the Machine world, with NO purpose. The Mother of the Mattrix has/has a purpose messedtudy certain aspects of the human psyche.
The Oracle IS said mother.

MC Mike
And Smith calls her "mum".

TheGooseyOne
Sati has a purpose or she would've been deleted when the Matrix was restarted...but the Smith calling he "mom" is interesting, still, if Sati is no the mother of the Matrix, I think she'll be the next Oracle. Maybe not in the direct anomaly after the one in the movies, but a few after that

stinkfist462
could smith have taken over the archie? or who else would know who the mother of the matrix was?

mors823
Good question, wrong thread. Not likely. Col Sanders probably has some firewalls around him. Remember the building w/bombs. Intruder! BOOM!

The One Himself
No...I think...That will result in another Super Smith...

The Unknown
He did take over Seraph, remember... he would probably have known about her being the mother. And there's got to have been some other program in the Matrix that knew about the Oracle.

JediHDM
thegooseyone> that is the point...Sati was to be deleted, because she did not have a purpose, but Rama and Kamala made a deal with Merv so that SAti would live in the matrix, and the gave Merv the termination codes to the Oracles shell...thats explained in the movie, as well as in ETM...The Oracle is the Mother, Sati is a program that has no parameters that tell her what she can and cannot do, which is how she makes the beautiful sunrise...

TheGooseyOne
I don't think they traded the termination codes since Merv says somethign ont he order of "she messed with me" when they ask why the Oracle is a different "shell."

But as for Sati, being a program with no parameters, that would make her very much like the Oracle, allowing her to become the next Oracle at least.

JediHDM
ok, have you played 'Enter the matrix'? Cause it seems like you haven't...yes, Rama gave the Merovingian the termination codes for the Oracle's shell, in order that Sati could live inside the Matrix rather than be deleted. The reason the merovingian asked for the codes was because "she messed with me"...

The Oracle has parameters, because she has a purpose...Sati was created with no purpose in mind, thus, there is nothing stopping her from doing anything she wants. The Oracle was "Originally designed to research certain aspects of the human psyche". she understands choice, a part of the human psyche. Accept that she is the mother of the Matrix; she is. Why else did she and the Architect talk to each other? because he talks to random programs? no, it is because she was the one of which he spoke to Neo. Also, Smith calls Oracle "Mom"...

morgan01
good job jedi close this thread smile

Mordecai
On the subject of Smith knowing The Oracle was the mother of the matrix, Smith use to be an agent, the agents basically worked for the archie, plus, everyone knows who the oracle is, its mentioned throughout the movies.

Sati cannot be the next Oracle, there is no next Oracle, the Oracle cannot die.

mook
Sati is the first free program- she has no purpose but is allowed to live.
She is free like the humans are free at the end of M3 (those that want to be free at least)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.