Masters of the Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
As most children born in the mid to late seventies.......I was a huge fan of He-Man in the early 80s. They really need to put the series out on DVD here in the states.......it's already been issued in Europe.

I went to see Masters of the Universe when it first opened in the theaters back in '87. I loved it. It didn't follow very closely with the cartoon but was great fun for me to watch anyway. I caught it the Encore channel the other day. Here it is almost 17 years later and I still love this movie. I think they should have included more classic villains besides Beast Man, Evil Lynn, and Skeletor in leu of the new characters they added........although Blade was a bad mofo. I would have liked to have seen atleast Trap Jaw, Cyclops or Cobra Kahn in there somewhere......

Same can be said about the good guys......sure, we got Teela, Duncan (Man at arms), He-Man and the sorceress.........why couldn't they have thrown in Ram Man, Stratos or atleast Orko in there somewhere.

Anybody else a fan of the ORIGINAL series or the film?.......

P.S. The new He-Man series on Cartoon Network is trash.......straight up garbage. Not only does it lack the luster of the original......they actually changed alot of the story around. Prince Adam is now a kid? WTF? They completely changed the Teela/Duncan/Sorceress story around.........man this thing is annoying to watch. I guess if you're a kid these days and weren't around 20 years ago when the original aired it's alright.......only because they never saw the original to compare it to.

wicker_man
Masters of the Universe was great, and i totally agree with Evil Dead the new cartoon is a disgrace to those who grew up with the original.

Evil Dead
Seriously.......they need to put this dvd out here in the States......now. It was an American cartoon for christ's sake. Why should Europeans get to own it on dvd before we do? It is my favorite cartoon from the eighties..........

They also need to release the 5 episode He-Man/She-Ra cross over episodes on dvd............

wicker_man
I seen the DVD round, but its played so much on cable i reguarly find myself watching it, it would be good to see the series on DVD also.

Tex
Oh man, I remember that movie from when I was a little kid!
The lady with the blue eyes from 'They Live', and that midget shit looking dude, and that hoe Courtney Cox, and that big dildo that played tunes and opened up portals!

Kewl movie thumb up

Evil Dead
Her name was Evil Lynn, she was an original character from the cartoon series that was on from '83 to '85............the midget's name is Gwildor.......that big dildo, wasn't it called the cosmic code key or something? I can remember the tune it played.....but can't recall it's exact name.

duffy
Ahhh what a classic movie.
Gwildor rules all Happy Dance

el_barto
never realy got a feel for it sad

fini
oh no...................you think that Cartoon Network will make She-Ra into a new cartoon do you!!!?!?!?!

oh the horror of it all...............nothing is scared anymore

Tex
Gwildor looks like a walking shit! stick out tongue
laughing out loud

Puppet Of Doom
Master of the Universe? I didn't know they made a movie about me! eek!

lol j/k

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.