The Nu Metal Kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Monoxide Child
is it so wrong to listen to nu metal? I got a new nickname because I listen to it. well two Nu metal kid and nu metal monster.

in flames
so ?

loserib
no i like some nu metal bands drowning pool motograter slipknot mudvayne americanhead charge

wicker_man
Same here i am a major fan of all sub-genres of metal and rock including Nu-Metal ~ Drowning Pool, American Head Charge, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit etc.

loserib
oh hells yeah sombody else know about the headcharge they ****ing rock man i heard they have like 24 songs ready for the next album

wicker_man
Cool i've got there War of Art album and it rocks, can't wait for the follow up.

loserib
yeah so do i it is a great album i like songs for the suspect and just so you know

wicker_man
Just so you know is my fav too, pretty cool video aswell.

loserib
yeah have the video it rock

total metalhead
Headcharge rock ive known bout em for ages(their in my sig). and Just So You Know aint there best song in my opinion, its a good singl but not the best.

Nu metals confusing though, some people say its one thing some say its another, like Loserib sed Mudvayne are nu metal, but ive always been told their 'power metal'... wateva that is.

loserib
yeah i get confused over what is and is not nu metal all the time

total metalhead
i say who cares what genre it is, if we like it thats all that matters.

loserib
yeha thats the way i am i love metal any kind really

total metalhead
rap metal, death metal, nu metal, thrash metal, black metal, power metal, goth metal..........why so many genres?

wateva you listen to monoxide, it doesnt matter, its metal, and thats all that counts rock

crazy_rock_chic
yeah i love all types of rock,f**k the genre

wicker_man
Totally agree Nu-Metal, Ska, Emo, Industrial genres pah who needs them. So many great genres why restrict yourself to just a specific few.

total metalhead
exactly. it really pisses me off when guys who call themselves 'purists' and look down on anyone who likes nu metal or grunge and listen to just extreme death, black or thrash metal because its less 'mainstream' (hate that word). why???? genres were invented to classify, not to divide!!! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/wallbash.gif

Bad Boy
American Headcharge are not nu-metal

loserib
whta kind of metal would you call them then?

in flames
americanhead charge are nu metal!!

but i do like there muisc..war of art is a very soild album!

i dislike throwing bands into generes..i know there is alot of different styles but why dont we just call it metal ? okay i know nu metal lacks on talent! but in the end it is metal and it has its good bands!

Ass Goblin
Nu Metal is decribled with bands like Linken Park , System of a down? , limp bizket bands that have huge media coverage and 'soften' there music to gain sales.

Metal as i see is fast heavy and powerful e.g mudvayne, slipknot,machine head,mushroom head, static x, and others like that are what 'standard' metal is

Curl_Up&Dye
I really don't like how people use the term "nu metal", because it really isnt any different than hard rock or alt. rock. (depending on which band). Because I mean really, you can't group Linkin Park and Slipknot in the same category...it just doesn't work. Even if you wanted to, "nu metal" is a poor excuse for a genre title.

total metalhead
very true. i think nu metal is supposed to be the term for metal produced in the late 90's/early 00's, which wouldnt make it a genre at all, just a period of time in which a certain type of music is popular.

many people class Static X, Mudvayne and Mushroomhead as nu metal though.

in flames
now im really confused

loserib
i allways thought nu metal was bands that have djs or rap elements and void of guitar solos

in flames
korn are nu metal and they dont have dj's they do have some rap elements but not much to count.

total metalhead
maybe it is...then again maybe it aint.......im really confused about this now...

crazy_rock_chic
yeah me too confused

in flames
nice sig crazy rock chic..heard korns new album ?

loserib
yeah but korn do lack the solos

in flames
thats why they are nu metal

total metalhead
im not a big fan of solos anyway.

loserib
really i wish more metal bands nowadays had solos its really a lost art

in flames
inflames still have solos!!!

loserib
yes they do have some awsome solos i seen them live with chimaira over the summer great show

in flames
there new album is due next yearas i heard called " soundtrack to the escape " i know some folks been hating on them since creroute to remain but that dosent matter they still sound good and heavy!

gohangurl
COLOR=red]wats meatel? i no wat pop rap all tat kinda stuff

SlipknoT
The greatest genra of music around. It's like rock but harder.

Good Metal Bands

Slayer
Slipknot
Pantera
Metallica
Cradle of Filth
Lamb of God
and a shit load of others

Deathblow
There, thats better.

Darth Revan
SOAD ain't nu metal erm

Deathblow
Yeah they are. Although a lot of the time they almost sound like a hardcore punk band.

Anyway who cares, SOAD's third album out sometime next year, and it shall rocketh thy world eek!

AcrypT
I didn't read up on the whole thread so I'm not sure if I just missed something but SOAD already have 3 albums, if you meant the 4th then that's new news to me, when is it coming out?!

Deathblow
No they have two. Not many people know this, but 'Steal This Album' was actually an EP, so it doesn't count.

Projected release date for SOAD's third full album, 'Hypnotize' was January 18, 2005 last time I heard.

AcrypT
I don't know what EP stands for but if it has something to do with the fact that a lot of the songs were just stuff they had lying around and decided to make into an album then I guess your right. I mean "**** the System" is a song I've know long before I ever realy knew SOAD and I was surprised to finaly see it in "Steal This Album" cd but still It may just be me but I concider it an album.

Deathblow
EP stands for extended play, and they used to be releases which were too long to be singles, but too short to be albums, and usually containing 7 or 8 songs.

Now EP is also applied to material not released as an 'official' album, in Steal This Album's case, a record full of old material not included on previous recordings. I would consider it an album too, it's certainly long enough, but I'm happy not to, because it's shit compared to the other two.

AcrypT
yep you're right about that, it has like 3 songs that I realy like and most of the rest is just ok except 1 or 2 that competely suck. I'm glad to finaly have **** The System on a cd though. I wonder how the new album's gonna be...

Deathblow
Well, seeing as it's System Of A Down, I'm guessing it will kick butt. I honestly can't imagine a bad (original) SOAD album. Both their CD's so far haven't had a single bad track on them.

moshtitan

Deathblow
No, that's just an example of what an EP can be used as. There are tons of bands who have released EP's as independent releases which have nothing to do with their upcoming albums. Opiate (Tool), From The Depths Of Dreams (Senses Fail), Black-Ash Inheritance & Subterranean (both In Flames) just to name four.

In fact, there are numerous EP's which mess around with material from previous albums, Back To School (Deftones), Closer To God (NIN) spring to mind. EP's are often basically extended singles, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. Also, how can they be wrongly labelled as EP's when the band themselves have actually released them as an EP?

moshtitan
"No, that's just an example of what an EP can be used as. There are tons of bands who have released EP's as independent releases which have nothing to do with their upcoming albums. Opiate (Tool), From The Depths Of Dreams (Senses Fail), Black-Ash Inheritance & Subterranean (both In Flames) just to name four."

notice i said usually,implying that it was an example, as there are tons of bands that have released Eps as previews of their albums. i was just pointing out some undiscussed terms.

"In fact, there are numerous EP's which mess around with material from previous albums, Back To School (Deftones), Closer To God (NIN) spring to mind. EP's are often basically extended singles, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. Also, how can they be wrongly labelled as EP's when the band themselves have actually released them as an EP?"

again notice i said sometimes, not pointing out any paticulars. i never said that there werent any EPs with older material. and many bands have released a cd not intended to be called a EP, but just as many bands who have.dont get me wrong, im not disagreeing with you. but i do think the term EP covers to vast an area to be grouped up into what it is or what its not. but were straying from topic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.