The Empire Strikes Back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Today I was driving down the road. And I suddenly think I figured out why ESB is my favorite of the series. It's so easy to watch!

RotJ had too much stuff going on, and of course TPM did. But in Empire, it slowed down. It is facsinating to watch. There was no HUGE battle like in the other films at the end.

Luke finds out Vader is his father and gets his hand lanced off, Solo is frozen and taken away. What a downer! But still, it's the best one to watch.

Man, I hope GL slows things down again in Attack of the Clones. He needs to downshift the action, and make it intersting again. He tried too hard in TPM. The most interesting scene in that film is when they are sitting in the Skywalker kitchen eating. It's the only time it slowed down, really.

jedi ben
I don't think that they will slow it down at all. sad

yerssot
GL said on the DVD that he likes to put 10 stories in one; so it wont slow down

King Jedi
AOTC has to slow down. In TPM the dinner table scenes and the scenes on Coruscant were the only times things slowed down and there is going to be more of that in Ep2. More political stuff and the romance between Padme and Anakin.

yerssot
now you are forgetting the action-scenes

Ushgarak
I very much doubt that he is.

ToMacco
He better if he wants to keep this fan.

King Jedi
There will be more slow moments than TPM.

yerssot
when?

King Jedi
When Padme and Anakin are together and when all the political stuff happens.

mah
ahh.., that will be a beautiful moment.
*dreams about being anakin*

yerssot
that will not be much... I think

King Jedi
Yes it will. It's a love story so it will be more like ESB, that means slow moments.

ToMacco
The more I think about it, the more I beleive that Attack of the Clones will be the slowest moving picture in the entire saga.

He had a fast paced EI, so that he could hook the young generation on Star Wars. So, he's done that. Now he needs to fulfill the needs of the old gereration, otherwise, a lot of fans will walk away.

The young generation will see AotC no matter what, just as we all went to see TPM. Now it's our turn. Lucas, I think, knows this, and he will give us an "old school" star wars. But I know the action scenes are gonna kick ass!

King Jedi
I don't think anyone wants "old school" Star Wars. If you do then watch the OT.

I want Lucas to give us something new and from what I know about AOTC he's going to do that more than ever.

He doesn't need to fullfill the needs of anyone except himself and if he starts changing things to satisfy the fans then the film will be terrible. He should stick to his guns and make what he wants to make.

ToMacco
That's BS.

Why is he cutting Jar Jar out of most of Episode II then, smarty pants?

LanceWindu
He probably thought that Jar Jar was a bit much also. Maybe he didn't like him.

King Jedi
Jar Jar will be seen less in AOTC because he's not important to the story. Even before TPM was released Lucas said he wouldn't be in AOTC as much.

Tomacco if you think Lucas is going to change things for the fanboys then your very wrong.

queeq
JarJar was never important anyway. I think though, that Lucas had a more prominent role for him in mind. Just a guess, but why give an in essence minor character so much air time in Ep1: because Lucas thought he was funny and that he might play sort of the Chewbacca role. I do think GL shrunk his part because of the not so succesful humour and a lot of criticism, probably not only by fans.

Ushgarak
Well, certainly GL was never saying after the film that Jar-Jar was the key to the wholw thing, like he had said beforehand.

I think, leaving all criticism from others aside for a bit, GL just plain didn't think JJ worked as well as he had envisaged.

queeq
I second that.

ToMacco
. . . who cares, anyway? It's not like we're not going to see it if Jar Jar is in it any more or less.

queeq
We will see if he's in it less than in TPM.

finti
Praying for that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.