Levitating Card Trick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
Has anyone every been to Las Vegas, well i went there for the summer as i am a poor uni student and i can't afford holidays, and i saw these guys flying cards around the room? My Dad went to a magic store and one of the guys had my Dad lock his hands together, making his arms like a hoop outward.........the guy flew the card round and round through his arms, and even stopped the card right in front of his face. The magician was even flying the card over the crowd and into a solid glass case which he closed, and then proceeded to flying the card around inside the case!!!!!!!!!

My Dad is as skeptical as I am about magic, but he was there and he saw it first hand. People even accused him of being in on the trick. Now what I want to know is, how in the world can this be possible? There were obviously no strings attached, and I can't believe that there would be a magnetic force so strong that it would cover the whole store.....if there was, people's jewelry would be pulled towards it. My Dad examined the card, and said it was just a regular paper playing card. They were selling the "trick" for $20 and my Dad was going to buy it, but a regular customer told him that it wouldn't work.

Does anyone have a clue how this is possible? It just seems beyond the realm of possibility to me.

confused

Fire
well when I was in vegas two years ago. I saw that same trick except for the glass case. so dunno how that works. but all the rest was in fact done with a string, tho it was done very well, those guys were amazing.
The reason I know how it was done is because they sold magic tricks in that place and so they'd take you to a small room and explain to you how to do it. I could do it a bit, not too much but I was able to fly a card around the room (as in max 6ft away from myself) still it looks really cool. the real ***** is to make sure ppl don't feel the string if you let them search for it. those guys now how to do that very well but I don't

still great to entertain kids tho

Bhang
Illusion is supposed to be a mystery

Fire
lol yea, but still fun to know how they do it, it doesn't ruin the trick for me it just makes me have more respect for them

Bhang
I have always felt that it was unrespectful to ask how a trick was done, they obvously spent a lot of time learning and perfecting the trink and some shmuck comes by and trys to get the lowdown, and gets upset that they will not tell them.

Fire
lol we didn't ask. we just said we wanted to buy the trick, that was what they did so they explained it to us.

but indeed it's the mage his choice

VallejoKid707
was the store houdini's magic store in cearser's palace?

Bhang
I was actually refering to the first post...I think Fire, you and I posted at the same time...soorry

N.Tonks
they sell some of my dad's tricks at that store (my dad's a magician) smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.