Rouge Planet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedimaster3838
I know that its considered EU but it is the book written between the time of EP 1 and EP 2. There is a part in the book where Anakin is kinda thinking to himself and he says how the Jedi sort of look down on marriage but doesn't ban it. He then thinks about Padme but says he hasn't seen her since the celebration and at the time of the book he was 12, so its been 3 years with no contact. There is also a scene where Anakin tells Obi-Wan that he sees Qui-Gon is a dream and he tells Anakin things. Now with these events have anything to do with the next movie or are they just an author's views? What do you guys think?

queeq
Hard to see the future is...

I didn't know about that book. And with Lucas you never know. It all depends on how Lucas is dealing with his EU writers. Until Ep2 there were no plans to even continue the saga. That probably allowed for a lot of inconsistencies when the movie came out. I don't know really. We'll have to see and wait.

queeq out

Ratcat
My understanding is that all plot points must be approved by Lucas before a book is published so as not to impact too heavily with the movies.

I would suggest that this will tie in with what we are told in Episode-II though I doubt they will actually address any of it directly.

Gundark
I have not read the book yet, RC, but I agree with your summarization. I'll have to look for it at the mall this weekend and let ya know.

Darth Daft
Is it out in paperback yet?

theEviljedi
None of the events in that book will ever be considered "canon" because it was not based on Lucas'ideas,so lets just leave it at that.

Darth Daft

Dim
I don't think it will be a happy reunion so to speak...I think we'll see them being a little standoffish of eachother at first.

Darth Daft
Why would they be like that? I think they will enjoy each other's company straight away, the opposite to how Han and Leia first are.

Ratcat
Sorry Daft, I think Dim is right on this one. He was nine, she was 14, they won't have seen each other for nearly 10 years. And there first meeting lasted a very short time, I think they will need to "rediscover" their relationship.

Darth Daft

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.