Page to Screen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BOPRecruit 16
which books should be made into movies, who would star in it, and who should be the director?

badkittykitty
very good question indeed....Hmm well I am into history books and always wanted a epic about alexander the great...which I hear theres two in the works(yay!!)
maybe a modren version of Animal Farm by George Orwell which animal animations like that was in babe...I think that could be chilling...

I need to think more about this...Hmmmm

BOPRecruit 16
wow, what a coincidence! we just finished reading animal farm in lit! yes, a new version would do. did you hear that colin farrell is playing alexander the great? i was hoping that leo dicaprio or someone else would play him.

badkittykitty
leo was scripted for the other version which would come out a year later than the one with colin farrell.(is he still?) I dont care for colin ferrel in the part but he may surprise especially since its got a 130million dollar budget and oliver stone directing(they say he's been planning this for 8years!) so Ill keep my fingers crossed! big grin

BOPRecruit 16
they are going to make two versions?! what's the point in that?!

silver_tears
to see which makes more money wink

BOPRecruit 16
i have a feeling that the leo version would do better. whose the director for it?

badkittykitty
baz luhrmann (moulin rouge)and he also wants nicole kidman back this movie as well

BOPRecruit 16
glory! god no! moulin rouge was whacked and i don't nicole would fit the movie.

badkittykitty
me either...and Angelina Jolie is going to be in oliver stones..ekk!!

BOPRecruit 16
oliver stones? what's that about?

badkittykitty
I guess she is going to be Alexanders mom..or somethin..not sure
(oliver stones alexander the great)

BOPRecruit 16
alex's mom...oliver's stone? are those two different stories? i'm confused.

badkittykitty
oliver stone is directing the 'Alexander the great movie'due next year. Angelina Jolie is suppose to play his mother.

BOPRecruit 16
she can't pass as roman. what poor taste in casting!

badkittykitty
well as the mother of Alexander, Olympias,She has universally been condemned as an evil, scheming, murderous witch. The only good words ever written about her are that she was beautiful and she loved her son. so maybe Angelina Jolie might not be to bad evil face I really would have rather seen someone else though...

BOPRecruit 16
i learned alot about alex last year in hist, don't know much of the mom.

have you read lois duncan's ransom and is there a movie of it yet? i read it back in eigth grade for a book report. not bad.

badkittykitty

BOPRecruit 16
who was in "killing mr. griffin" and when year did it come out?

awww...that's sad. =(

badkittykitty
heres a link with some info...hope it helps

killing mr. griffin

BOPRecruit 16
i recognize mario lopez and amy jo johnson. has there been a movie for ransom?

badkittykitty
no I didnt see any thing about a movie adaption for ransome the only other thing Ive seen is Strangers in Our House. Television movie adapted from Summer of Fear. NBC, 1978. thats about it...sorry

BOPRecruit 16
is there a live version of "watership down" besides the toon movie?

badkittykitty
I wish there was! that book and cartoon is heart wrenching..I wonder if there there is any talk or this..interesting!

BOPRecruit 16
the one about the deers, fire bringer, was kind of like watership but not as good. rabbits are cutier!

badkittykitty
which one is that? I dont think I know it.....

BOPRecruit 16
it wasn't a popular book. don't read, i couldn't. i get half way through twice and stopped.

Lord Soth
A book that was very successful from page to screen was Lord of the Rings. While it didn't adhere to the book as much as I would have liked, they were awesome beyond compare

BOPRecruit 16
i couldn't picture anyone else directing and acting in the movie. what other books/comics/etc. do you want to become movies?

Lord Soth
DragonLance Saga, w/o a doubt

BOPRecruit 16
which director and actors can you think of to make this movie?

Lord Soth
Director-Actaullay, I'm hoping that no one does this so I can try, I've always wanted to be a director big grin

Actors-Well, that's difficult, there are so many characters, but I can get back to you after I've thought about it

BOPRecruit 16
have you made movies before?

Lord Soth
Ummmm, no

The way that I critique movies and always saying 'I would have done it this way,' it just makes me think I'd be good at it, and it supposed to be a hell of a lot of fun

BOPRecruit 16
so, are you going to work towards that or major in it?

Lord Soth
Both, in all likelihood big grin

BOPRecruit 16
i so want to work in movies! either in special effects or help directing.

Lord Soth
Writing, Directing or Acting

BOPRecruit 16
writing and doing special effects!

cermiestar
The narnia chronicles!

BOPRecruit 16
who would you like to see direct and act in that?

Corlindel
Alexander the Great eek! It shall be perfect...Great stick out tongue

I can't wait to see how Oliver Stone will make the battle scenes againt the Persian Empire.

It will be an opportunity to see battle elephants - now rea elephants and not Mumakils from ROTK; the power of Hoplite infantry and Macedonian light cavalry against the enormous Persian army with several different races.

Dario had an enormous army wich reach 200.000 men in several battles agaisnt the Macedonian and allies wich were about 20.000 men army.

stick out tongue

My favorite movie would be Silmarillion/Peter Jackson or Ubik- Phillip K.Dick/Ridley Scott, or Futurologic Congress - Stanislaw Lem/Ridley Scott.

I'd like to see a current version of Moby Dick too.

big grin

Lord Soth
Nitpicky perfectionist comment here...Mumak is the singular, Mumakil is the plural. No 's'

I'm sorry I'm like that....stick out tongue

BOPRecruit 16
what the heck is that second thing that corlindel said?

Lord Soth
no bloody clue

badkittykitty
what the second paragraph?

BOPRecruit 16
no this: Mumakils

Lord Soth
Mumakil are the 4-tusked gigantic elephants in Lord of the Rings, mistakenly called Oilphaunts

BOPRecruit 16
is that what they were called in the book? mumakils, that is.

Lord Soth
Yes. And there isn't an 's.' That drives me crazy

BOPRecruit 16
shall i add a couple of more "s" to the word for your "enjoyment"? *grin* laughing

Lord Soth
Go ahead, punk, make my day laughing

Laviera_j
I love this conversation! I can't believe I missed it! laughing eek!

BOPRecruit 16
alright i will! big grin *cracks knuckles and takes deep breath...* Mumakilssssss! laughing or should i put an "s" between each letter of that word...yes i shall! big grin Msumsasksislsssss! laughing laughing *evil laugh*

cermiestar
to direct - Bryan Singer, i love his work, usual suspects and the apt pupil are brill! i also like waht he did with x-men, made it seem real and made you relate to the characters so i'd like to see him do that with another fantasy film, but i don't think children's fils are his sort of thing....stick out tongue

act? - i have no idea what about you?

Lord Soth
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

BOPRecruit 16
cermie: i've only read part of one of the books in the saga, so i don't know much about the rest of the saga.

lord soth: bwahahahaha! laughing i'm annoying! ^.^

Lord Soth
Hehe. It was clever, too

BOPRecruit 16
*grins* why thank you ^.~

are there any more great epics/fantasy stories out there besides hp and lotr?

Lord Soth
DRAGONLANCE!!!

BOPRecruit 16
what's that about?

Lord Soth
Errrrr......it's difficult to explain. It's a lot like Lord of the Rings. You should just read them, although there's over 100 books by over 30 authors. It's worth it, though big grin

BOPRecruit 16
glory...dragonlance is hella long! what's the first book called and what's it about?

badkittykitty
i like books that go on for ever if there good you never want them to end

BOPRecruit 16
which series are there that are like that kitty?

badkittykitty
well the vampire chronicles for one..though they kinda of ran them selves into the ground.
The narnia chronicles arnt long enough or lotr's!
though nothing touchs lord soths numbers..I might have to try them

BOPRecruit 16
do you want to see the other vampire chronicles made into movies? also, what about naria?

badkittykitty
Id like to see lestat done the right way...queen of the damned was so disapointing sad

and the lion,the witch, and the wardrobe is suppost to be made very soon..I cant wait!

BOPRecruit 16
who should play lestat this time?

badkittykitty
well I wish the interview with a vampire cast could come back...tom cruise was awesome...christian bale would be a nice choice..hubba hubba

BOPRecruit 16
christian is going to be batman. what do you think of that?

badkittykitty
I think thats great..i wondered where the heck he has been all this time..do you know who the villains are going to be in the batman movie?

BOPRecruit 16
click on the link in my siggy that says "batman intimidation". i post news from shh in there.

Lord Soth
Well, the first book written was Dragons of Autumn Twilight, and it sort of sets off the Saga, it's followed by Dragons of Winter Night and Dragons of Spring Dawning which then branches off to sever different other trilogies and series, it's quite spectacular. Anyway, i'll just copy down the back of Dragons of Autumn Twilight:

Lifelong friends, they went their separate ways. Now they are together again, though each holds secrets from the others in his heart. They speak of a world shadowed with rumors of war. They speak of tales of strange monsters, creatures of myth, creatures of legend. They do not speak of their secrets. Not then. Not until a chance encounter with a beautiful sorrowful woman, who bears a magical crystal staff, draws the companions deeper into the shadows, forever changing their lives and shaping the fate of the world.

No one expected them to be heroes

Least of all, themselves

Awesome, huh? There are two different series set before this, called the Preludes Series (the tales of these aforementioned 'secrets') and The Meetings Sextet (the tales of how these lifelong friends met in the first place). But read this first, it's a kick-@$$ story

badkittykitty
wow this is really cool!

thanks BOPRecruit 16!

Lord Soth
Just for good measure, Here's a pic of the cover

http://www.decklinsdomain.com/images/rpw0786915749.jpg

BOPRecruit 16
kitty: no prob! ^.^ i'm so excited that viggo is going to be in the movie! eek!

soth: gosh! so much to read! makes my head spin! eek! laughing i'll check it out sometime. if i make it to a bookstore over the break, then i'll see if i can find it.

badkittykitty
bale and viggo *faints*

BOPRecruit 16
viggo looks charming, but i don't think he's fine.

Lord Soth
He would make a great Ra's al Ghu'l, though

BOPRecruit 16
it'd be great fun to see him play a real bad ass villian! eek! cool

Lord Soth
He's done good, now ime to try out the evil side

BOPRecruit 16
i can just picture him with a good look on face and talking in a sinister tone! cool

Lord Soth
Me too, and it's a pretty exciting thing to think about

BOPRecruit 16
hell yeah! eek! cool can you picture him as any other characters from other books, games, etc?

Lord Soth
It'd take quite a bit of thought to process, but I could think of somone, given time

kiyana_ayame
Artemis Fowl
and
Forbidden Game
These are my favourite books and the should be made into films.

BOPRecruit 16
don't blow a fuse over it, soth! laughing

Lord Soth
stick out tongue couldn't think of anyone off hand

BOPRecruit 16
wow, must've taken alot of your being to actually...what's that word? think? laughing

Lord Soth
Haha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.