Hey did Darth Vader....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi ben
vanish when he died? confused

Ushgarak
VERY contentious point, that. I say yes, and I say his ghost form appearance at the end of ROTJ proves it.

Furthermore, most of Lucasfilm says yes, including the website.

However, without an on-screen mention or a comment from Mr. Lucas himself, it is difficult to prove.

yerssot
this can become a whole thread again about ghosts...
but I have to say this:

If you look at 'Vader' when they burned him; his face-plate is IN his mask (if there was someone in it; the plate would be ON the mask)
Furthermore; in TPM- DVD they said somewhere that they used a life-size pupet of Lian Neeson to burn, so that's not a high-tech thingie, so I think that 'invention' was already made in 1983...

King Jedi
I'd say he dissapeared. Why they didn't show it I don't know. confused

yerssot
GL said that they forgot and someone of ILM asked about it and that they ran outside and they shot the burn-scene

King Jedi
I don't think they'd forget something like that.

yerssot
GL quoted it!

Ushgarak
GIve us the source and we weill believe you. Sorry to sound disbelieving, but if you have a GL quote for this then I have won the argument with queeq.

jedi ben
I wonder how much was left to burn? after all OB1 said that he was more machine than man

Ushgarak
Very big lump of metal, certainly.

yerssot
great, let me search there database!

King Jedi
I don't think you'll find it.

yerssot
HERE IT IS!!!
AND it clearly said: Vader's costume burning....http://www.starwars.com/episode-vi/classic/2000/04/classic20000403.html

King Jedi
Yerssot that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about them not showing his body dissapearing. That link is talking about the burning scene.

But that kind of proves that Ush is right about the dissapearing thing. They only added the burning at the last moment so it wasn't key to the story. Anakin didn't appear at the end because his body was burned.

yerssot
They clearly say that they are burning the suit, so you can say: they pulled his body out (yeah right roll eyes (sarcastic) ) OR he vanished...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.