X-Men 1 Composer Michael Kamen has died

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
Michael Kamen who's musical scoring credits include X-Men amongst many others, has died of Multiple Sclerosis...

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oscar-nominated composer, conductor and arranger Michael Kamen, 55, one of Hollywood`s most sought-after composers, has died after suffering from multiple sclerosis for several years, his agent said.

Further details of his death on Tuesday morning were not immediately available.

Kamen, one of Hollywood`s most successful composers who worked on music for the "Lethal Weapon" series and scored "Die Hard" among many other films, was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1996, but did not go public about the disease until late September.

Multiple sclerosis is an inflammatory disease of the central nervous system that causes various disabilities.

Kamen grew up in Queens, the son of liberal activists.

In the late 1960s, he helped found the New York Rock `n` Roll Ensemble. In the 1970s, he scored ballets, served as musical director for David Bowie`s "Diamond Dogs" tour and began writing scores for film.

Although he began in Hollywood working on offbeat films like "Polyester" and "Brazil", he turned more mainstream in the 1980s, working on the "Lethal Weapon" series, "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves", "Mr. Holland`s Opus" and "X-Men", plus the HBO series "Band of Brothers".

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004383/

Our sincerest condolences to his friends and family. sad

R.I.P.

Paola
sad
I have a few of the X-Men score by him
sad

Vampiree
oh well.. people live, people die... it's not THAT big deal... condolences for those who knew him...

DarkRoan
Yikes, that was a bit rude........
I hope his music lives on forever and that his family and loved ones are doing well during this hard time.....He now gets to compose his music with the best of them in musical heaven!

ab012f9448
Oh man, that sucks! sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.