Who thinks the Matrix movies was kinda inspired by Terminater movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LarryTheArch
I know that it was mostly inspired by anime, but maybe the terminator movies had an effect on them?

husky321
terminator and dark city and nearly everything else

LarryTheArch
I've never seen Dark city.
I just know that both Terminator and the Matrix are about machines taking over, just in different ways.

Mordecai
This movie could have been inspired by a damn chicken for all we know.

LarryTheArch
mmmmmmmm... chicken.
I think I'll go eat!

Mordecai
Sounds like a plan.

LarryTheArch
Crap! No chicked in the 'frigerator.

LarryTheArch
Time to go to KFC! Or was that KFC?

mors823
The Terminator movies had some effect on it, but the style is very different. Does anyone know when AI came out. There are some similarities between them. I think one affected the other.

JediHDM
EVERY movie had SOME influence on the Matrix movies, esp Anime and SCi-Fi movies of the 70's and 80's...

Closing...closed.

clavis9495
this is just lame
we all know that almost every movie excisting has something to do with the matrix

Ginerninja
My Left Foot : The Story Of Christy Brown.

I personally see no link between the two lol big grin

mindbugaling
that would be cool if they decided to have a surprise tie- in with the matrix movies, like if they came out and said that the terminator movies are prequals to the matrix movies

Lag
I've thought about that also, but how would they explain John Conner and timetravel.

carnage713
jon conner cud be the origional neo. and time travel cud be explained by first learning how to jack into the matrix

sum1butno1
How does that explain time travel?

Maybe the other Ones had different powers. From Merv's reaction in Reloaded, I don't think the others could stop bullets. Maybe if John Connor was the One, he could reverse time in the Matrix.

But then the Digital Self and minds of everyone in the Matrix would have to get younger, and it would just be screwed up.

So yeah, this is a really stupid discussion. The Terminator series might have had some influence on the Wachowskis, but there are other movies that obviously had more.

BackFire
Matrix had many innovations as Jedi stated above, Terminator is definately one of them since the basic premise is nearly exactly the same.

LarryTheArch
The Terminatrix

mook
i thought the idea/vision of the matrix films was to make an anime film but real (ie not animated) this is stated in an interview somewhere.

machines taking over is not an original concept.

Verity
I refuse to believe this has any link to the governor of California! no

Sifer
The originality of the Matrix isn't judged upon the basic premise for which the movies are based, but on the application of the ideas and concepts in bringing it to the big screen. They are truly innovative.

LarryTheArch
why would it have a link to the governiter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.