Who thinks there still might be Ones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LarryTheArch
Since the Matrix still exists in the same way, well not in the same way, but pretty close to original ones, then maybe potential "Ones" will still come around.

LarryTheArch
To clarify: Since the Matrix just reeset itself, then why not still reproduce other anomolies?

fanatos
The war is over. New ones would be needless.

LarryTheArch
Yes but they still might surface.

Mordecai
Yes they might, but there is technically no longer a use for them, the humans were freed, so all future ones will have nothing to do except have fun in the matrix.

In fact, the future ones will probly never even be aware of their powers.

Neo done what all other ones failed to do.
So unless the peace is broken (which is likely) the future ones will have no exact "purpose".

LarryTheArch
Wait. If the other ones surfaced, they would be automatically freed anyway, according to what the Architect said at the end of M3.

Mordecai
Which was basically my point.

They'll never even relise they have the powers.

LarryTheArch
Thats not what I meant. They'll be the people who reject te Matrix the most, but people who reject the Matrix in even the slightest way are supposed to be freed. At least, according to the Architect (But please, call him Larry.)

LarryTheArch
So in essence I guess we're both right. They'll be freed before they learn of their powers.

dave123
the purpose of the One is for control, to stop the rebels, however, since everyone that wants to be freed is freed, then a One is not needed.

LarryTheArch
exactly

The Unknown
And besides, the Matrix wasn't reloaded at the end.

mors823
Larry, you joined today and already have 9 threads? Most of these are useless, but this one has limited potential. The "One" is an anomaly, an error of the Matrix. As with all other programs in this world, there will always be errors with every version. So, therefore, an anomoly would arise in the Matrix, but it's doubtful he will realize his power. He would be removed from the Matrix and live his life in Zion and never know his potential.

GABRIEL05
Ummm the anomaly is a mathematical probability (I think) so wouldn't he just surface anywayz?

Ushgarak
No no no.

The One only appears as a result of the collective rejection of the roughly 1% of the people in the matrix who subconsciously decide not to be in it. That is the Anomaly- the problem is Choice, remember?

As soon as all those who wish to leave can take a CONSCIOUS choice to do so, there will be no Anomaly.

Noola
Hmm, I don't know whether allowing those one percent to leave will actually ELIMINATE the anomaly. Ah, so many unanswered questions

JediHDM
Ush> yes exactly...besides, Neo, the anomaly, is still alive, so why would there be two anomalies? And the Matrix was NOT reloaded, it was reset to before Smith destroyed it, or, more accurately, it was rewritten back to its former glory, or even better, as it doesn't have the green tinge anymore...

audioheem
Are you saying maybe the green tinge could have represented the unbalanced equation... which is now balanced (so it's gone?)

morgan01
the anomaly was created because he is the sum of the remainder from choice. in other words the anomaly only is created because of the idea of choice so now that the architect is giving those who want out choice to get out no longer will a anomaly be created.

clavis9495
yeah I think that is what he was trying to say well in a different kind of way

Ushgarak
Yup, 'twas what I said.

LarryTheArch
I didn't notice that the green tinge was gone. Was that after Smith was deleted and the Matrix reset?

The Omega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.