Harper Lee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i read To Kill a MOcking Bird a while ago and i thought it was great. but its not a classic sad

badkittykitty
but it is a Pulitzer Prize winner...Ive heard of it..whats it about?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
its very good. ill explain after i come back from work/volunteer. peace

mechmoggy
Its very good, I'd recommend it to anyone.

vvvrulz
Yeah its pretty good. I Agree.

crazy_c
I had to read it this year for school. I liked it but i didnt think it was brilliant but it had its moments. I prefer "Roll of thunder hear my cry" Which is a book which is similar in some ways to "To Kill a Mockingbird"

silver_tears
I loved this book, and would definately recomend it to people big grin

badkittykitty
isnt there a movie based off this book? how does it compare?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yes there is a movie. i didn't like the movie. not because it was black adn white but they skipped alot of parts.

badkittykitty
has Harper Lee written any thing else or is To Kill a Mocking Bird her only novel? I am having trouble finding info about her work...

h0ck3yh0rr0r
very good question. i dont know. lol smile i think thats her only book.

crazy_c
Its her only book. She didnt write anything else because of the hype and criticism of the novel at the time.

surferrocker
I highly, highly recommend To Kill a Mockingbird to anyone who hasn't read it. It's a very important book because it told about uglier times in history. I believe it is a classic, but well, that's just me.

The movie's pretty good as well, much better than some movies based on books.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
very well said^

Darth Revan
I love this book.

badkittykitty
hope you don't mind me merging your threadie revan..just thought this should be with this discussion smile

Darth Revan
It is too a classic whoever said it isn't should ******* mad

If you thought the movie skipped a lot, the play was even worse.

(DR~ stick out tongue )

Laviera_j
It is very alligorical - brilliant read!

BlackC@t
I really didn't like this book, whenever I was forced to read it for school I was on the verge of tears cry

*Danii*
Yeah, I had to read it for school and that totally put me off. I didn't really HATE it, it was just boring.

ClaraG
hey danii! yeah it was rubbish wasn't it?
^ she's in my class smile and also one of my bessie buds

scabby mcgee
not a classic?????

Like not a classic in the context of 10 greatest books ever written? Maybe then, but in context of what most people deem a classic how can it not be?

It's thee book that showed how bad blacks in America were getting it and how slow change is.

nemo
it's more than that. the voice she used in the book was really great.
and it covers a lot of things, growing up, growing old, prejudice etc.
the charactors are superb too.
i mean this must be one of the greatest books ever written.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.