Family Guy Rumors...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shoukan
I heard that Fox is going to bring back Family Guy in the year 2005!

Since Family Guy has had success with their DVD sales and syndication shows on Adult Swim.

What do all of you think about Family Guy returningbig grin

Hopefully they won't make the mistake and put the show on Monday night...that is what killed the show last time because of Monday night Football.

burlyman
we should have a tv forum stick out tongue ...and YAY big grin

N.Tonks
rolling on floor laughing YAY!!! rolling on floor laughing

Shoukan
well seems to me that this is the TV forum right now

Shoukan
I also heard that there is going to be 30 shows lined up.

Shoukan
The pint-sized tot with plans of world domination could return to Fox as the network considers resurrecting its animated comedy Family Guy.

Truth be told, strong DVD sales and not Stewie's heavily accented scheming are reportedly behind the move to reinstate the cartoon 18 months after it was yanked from the airwaves.

At this time, production of the dysfunctional family cartoon is "under discussion" according to a Fox spokesperson.

Calls to creator Seth MacFarlane's rep were not returned.

As many as 35 new episodes could premiere in January 2005, according to the Fox spokesperson, which would mark the first time a canceled series has been revived on the strength of its DVD sales and syndication ratings.

Fox head honcho Sandy Grushow told USA Today the series was a late-blooming phenomenon that may have aired before its time.

DVD and cable viewers have "created a kind of groundswell that could lead to better ratings," said Grushow.

Indeed, despite being canceled after only three season, Family Guy is this year's top-selling TV title and the fourth best TV series seller ever, according to Video Store magazine.

A DVD set released in April of the show's first 28 episodes has sold close to 1 million copies while a second collection of 22 episodes has already passed the 500,000 mark. Reruns of the show also rank number one among adult viewers on Cartoon Network.

Family Guy premiered to 22 million viewers on Super Bowl Sunday in 1999 and high praise from critics ("gloriously twisted" said TV Guide). Created by then 24-year-old MacFarlane, the show revolved around the dysfunctional Griffin family of Quahog, Rhode Island, including talking toddler Stewie who vowed revenge for being incarcerated in his mother's "cursed ovarian Bastille" for nine months.

MacFarlane had his stamp all over the Emmy-winning series, lending his voice to the roles of patriarch Peter Griffin, son Stewie and family dog Brian, while Seth Green and Mila Kunis played sibs Chris and Meg Griffin, respectively.

However, the series had difficulty maintaining its following as Fox bounced the show all over its schedule. The series was also the target of an advertiser boycott instigated by MacFarlane's former prep school headmaster, the Reverend Richardson Schell.

Schell convinced several advertisers to abandon the 'toon, alleging that it contained anti-Semitic, racist and sexist content. Schell had previously asked MacFarlane to change the cartoon family's surname. Griffin was the same last name as that of Schell's assistant, Elaine Griffin.

More than 125,000 fans fired back with their own online petition announcing their intention to boycott the network and its advertisers if the series was canceled, all to no avail.

Now, the last laugh may be MacFarlane's. Not only is the network considering reviving the sassy series, but earlier this year he revealed that a direct-to-DVD project featuring the animated Griffin family could be in the works for next year.

Pablo G
Wasn't there a TV forum a long time ago ?

dave123
family guy kicks ass yes

JediHDM
yes, Family guy is the bomb, and Stewie is every future-world-dominator's idol...i think Stewie is the greatest...WHAT THE DEUCE?!

DeNiro
family guy i think is better then the simpsons and south park now i mean i have seen every simpsons and love them and south park is funny also but family guy is just the most outragouesly the most funny cartoon i have ever seen

burlyman
yes!!

dave123
it seems today, that all you see.....

VallejoKid707
yay!!!!! Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing big grin

diegocala
I love Family Guy!

VallejoKid707
me too family guy rocks!

diegocala
rock

Shoukan
I agree Family Guy is better than the Simpsons...

But The Simpsons are still coolbig grin

diegocala
Who the hell said that? Simpsons are way better! stick out tongue

Darth Bandon
Now all we have to do is to get them to bring back futurama also. santa

Shoukan
maybe there is a chance still...

burlyman
i signed that petition a while ago no expression

Lady Bee
Mmmm...I like Simpsons...Sideshow Bob is the BEST!

Shoukan
Don't get me wrong...

The Simpsons still rockbig grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.