Popular?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
who do you think is most popular on this list^

and dont vote for ur fav guy. just vote who u think has the most fans.

Michael Myers 1
hehehe

Michael Myers 1
hockey u gotta know who i picked smile

h0ck3yh0rr0r
umm jason lol *sarcasm intended*

Michael Myers 1
lol

Pablo G
Freddy is by far the most popular, doesn't anyone remember the loads of merchandise that were released in the 80s ?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i should vote...but i wont. tie so far.

Dario Argento
Mike is by far the most popular

Here in Denmark, where I live, a girl killed her olderbrother with a kithen knife recently. And she wore a blue overall and a mask.

Evil Dead
The popularity of each individual most likely varies from country to country.

Here in the United States........the most popular is Freddy Krueger. Everybody knows who Freddy Krueger is.....even those who have never seen a Nightmare movie know who he is. He is a pop culture icon. He's up there with Popeye and Mickey Mouse. Even if you've never seen a Popeye or a Mickey Mouse cartoon......you still know who they are.

The Nightmare movies grossed more money than Halloween or Friday the 13th..........Freddy Krueger has a huge amount of merchandise......he even had his own t.v. series (Freddy's Nightmares)......

The second most popular is ofourse Jason Voorhies. He's never had the amount of publicity that Freddy did......but is well known, even without the mass promotion that Freddy Krueger recieved. I think he is so well known simply for the amount of pictures he was featured in and the amount of years those pictures encompassed.

Michael Myers takes last place. Ofcourse all of us horror fans know who he is but if you were to ask somebody who doesn't watch horror movies "hey, who's Michael Myers?" they would tell you that he used to play on Saturday Night Live and has a new movie out called "The Cat in the Hat".......either that or they'd tell you, "he's Austin Powers"...or "That's Wayne from Wayne's World"......

Michael Myers 1........he said not to just vote for your favorite......we all know you are a big fan but even you have to realize that people who don't watch horror movies don't know who he is but do know who Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhies are.

Those on the list are the most three popular horror stars......probably the only three popular horror stars. Even the likes of Leatherface and Ash never made it into popular culture............only us horror geeks know who they are.

Michael Myers 1
ah i didnt just vote 4 mike cuz hes my favorite but i thought he meant who was most popular . I thought he was talking about horror fans not everyone in the world. yea i guess freddy would be in first and i know mike would be in last. and i know what u mean about the other Mike Myers its funny cuz whenever i search for Mihael Myers it brings the Michael Myers from Austin Powers on half of the sites.

Michael Myers 1
and not only i voted for him

Dario Argento
Yep! I meant among horror fans too.

Michael Myers 1
smile do u like him Dario?

SlipknoT
I think jason is the most popular only because he has the most recognizable mask and more peole would know who he is. If you showed someone a picture of mike a picture freddy and a picture of jason more people would say oh thats jason and the majority wouldnt know who the others were.

Evil Dead
nice title......

BackFire
Freddy.

Jason420
I agree Slipknot Jason has the most memorable thing his HOCKEY MASK its a classic

Michael Myers 1
makes it easier to find his mask then mikes all u gotta do is go to a sports shop

Jason420
and Freddy with his glove that and Jasons mask are unforgettable

Evil Dead
I must have mis-read........I thought the question was which character is more popular (more people know him).........I didn't catch the part about which character has the most recognizable mask.

Michael Myers 1
well the first part got boring i guess haha

Dario Argento
Yes I do, but my favorite is Leatherface.

Dario Argento
You are right, it is not because of the most recognizabel mask.

But just because more people know the character it doesn't make him more popular.

Michael Myers 1
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.