Sati..no mythology please

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bluwisdom
I thought by going to the numerous amount of posts on the net about the matrix to find out what sati is. I would get a little insight.I am even more confused , novice that I am someone help me out

1) Sati's parents are...

a) Machines
b) Programs within the matrix
c) humans that are jacked into the matrix and work as programmers
d) one is a human and one is a machine? (who both met in the matrix)
kinda like the robot and the girl met inside VR (from the animatrix)

See where I am going with this

that would help me to understand if Sati is

a) a little baby machine they produced in the outside world and they want to take her "soul" and put it into the matrix

b) a program created by 2 other programs

c) a real baby from outside world that 2 machines adopted

d) a human/machine hybrid

I am friggin confused.

JediHDM
1) none of the above...they are programs from the real world

2) Sati is a program born/created by two other programs, without purpose.

She was created in the real world, but was to be deleted because she was without purpose, so her parents made a deal with the Merov that they give the merv the termination codes to the Oracles shell, in exchange for Sati's life, although she would live in the Matrix. This is why they were in the Mobil ave at the beginning of Matrix.

bluwisdom
JediHDM,

Thank you Thank You

So when you say programs from the real world you mean machines?

JediHDM
no, i mean, programs that may inhabit machines or may, in fact, run the very city itself. It is not necessary that they be machines.

Captain REX
I agree, because didn't one of them (I think Rama-Khandra) run a powerplant or something?

((The_Anomaly))
rama-kandra and sati could be either....

1) the programs that inhabit a machiene, and this machiene runs the powerplant in the real worl

or....

2) they could be programs from the machiene mainframe.....

what im saying is that no "physical" machiens run the powerplant they could have programs that run it inside a program (kinda like in zion in reloaded the people that are in the white room that control the gates into the dock) so they run the powerplat from inside the powerplant's computer, then they "gave birth" to sati, she had no purpose and programs that have no purpose are deleated so they travled thru the source and in to mobile ave. so that they could go into the matrix.....

get it?.......

Ushgarak
One would imagine the term 'machine' is redundant then. Whilst the word 'machine' does literally mean something physical, in the films 'Machines' is synonomous with the AIs.

Even the ones that have 'physical' form don't REALLY have it- they are just hooked up to a physical shell. Technically speaking any AI could be hooked or unhooked to something physical.

So I find calling those two Machines- physical form or no- perfectly acceptable. They are Artificial Intelligences from the Machine World and that is all the qualification needed.

Sifer
In that case, we are all AI smile Which is in fact, one of the many points from The Matrix - well, it isn't a point because they are futile (so nicely put by Councillor Hamman

Osiris
i m confused
jedi, can u elaborate your 1st post?

Ushgarak
No, the difference would be in the means of creation.

JediHDM
Ush> Exactly yes

osiris> what is confusing? i was answering the two questions that were posed in the thread-post...

((The_Anomaly))
yes thats what i said

either the machiens are in some sort of "construct" where they can control the powerplant, or they are the "intillengience" iside one of the machienes like a "sentinel" perhaps....thats what i mean, rama could be the intillengince that inhabits a sentinel (or some other kind of machiene) or he could be pure AI (or a program)....

clavis9495
hmm sati is innocence...

Seraph77
Sati is an exile used to control the weather, obviously replaced, why she is an exile, yet still containing the ability to change the weather.

"Oh that's so beautiful, did you do that?"
"I did it for Neo"

and also after Smith takes her over he can make it rain. And after the fight ends it stops raining. It's so simple jeebus

godfather
Heres one, i know that sati is a program without purpose and that here Parents are programs, but what is the point of her being in the thrid film, she does nothing, Literally as no purpose in the film either, so why put her in the film, it would be no Different with out here would it?

The Omega

godfather

The Omega

Osiris
jedi>

whats the difference between a program from real world and one from the matrix itself?
how sati's parents got the termination codes?

The Omega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.