Machines not drones? Matrix babies- Digi Dna?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bluwisdom
I'm starting to "get it" a little bit. but still in need of some guidance.

So if the machines... create other machines, aren't the machines they create like drones?

Are the drones also aware of the matrix?

Since The parents (programmers) thanks JediHDM!! are from the real world how did they become self aware?

It's so hard to tell which people in the matrix are actual "people" from the real world and programs. I guess either way they are all just representations of their virtual selves.

so what happens if a program that is in the matrix and a human get together.

How does one know if what they are talking to is a machine or a human.
So if say.. Trinity and Agent smith got together?

What would their child be. an embryo with genetic material and binary code (digi dna?)

Mordecai
Holy shit thats a good question. thumb up

I guess it can't really be answered.

...at least not by me at this moment.

LarryTheArch
Things concieved in the Matrix aren't an actuall result of sex. You get some in a virtual world. But the long growing/birth process that happens in the Matrix is really a new baby being born somewhere in a pod in the real world. Smith wouldn't be able to get Trinity pregnant because he is a virtual being limited to the virtual world (Unless it was Bane/Smith). Sperm won't just appear in Trinity after being jacked out of the Matrix. So therefor, that situation is impossible. Vice Versa (Say Neo and, mmmmm... Persephone) did the dirty, they still wouldn't have a child. The sperm would probably be ejaculated in the real world, but it wouldn't impregnate Persephone. As in the case of program on program... who knows?

LarryTheArch
Actually, programs can have children. I just remembered from Revolutions about that hole Seti thing. (I'm pretty sure that was her named. Correct me if I'm wrong)

audioheem
Programs have 'children' by creating them, like Bill Gates makes programs. They are his children smile (kinda). A program would be aware that it is a program, so it would never 'get with' a human jacked in or plugged in.

Sifer
Them being non-distinguishable is the whole point really.

The Omega
We already today have machines making other machines. Robots who build cars for example. And a car is still a car. Easy as that.
And two programs, like Rama-Kandra and Kamala, can in unison WRITE a third program, Sati, and call it their child.
AI permeates the machine world. The programs that govern the machines ARE already self aware (please, watch Animatrix). And there are programs without a machine shell, who STILL live IN Machine City, too.

husky321
I am really kind of annoyed with you. You believe that your opinion or your analysis of a certain subject is an absolute fact, when it is not.

Mordecai
I kind of agree, but not in this case.
Omega has backed up the theory with a reference to Animatrix.

You shouldn't mess with the moderator,

Omega will eat you!!

(PS. i'm not taking sides)

.......i'm really bored. confused

bluwisdom
And there are programs without a machine shell, who STILL live IN Machine City, too

ok watched animatrix. not all machines are self aware, some are still just task oriented.

and how can a program be in the machine world? aren't they are mechanical. unless you all are saying the machine world is connected to the source, which is on a seperate network from the matrix

i was under the impression the matrix program (vr) was on the machine world network. and all connected.

Ok let me stop im confusing myself .... im thinking if they are connected, then why would rama need the train man at all.

The Omega

bluwisdom
Thanks Omega!! and all the posters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.