Keanu Vs The Matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
I have only recently noticed how much keanu resents the matrix series, and not just because of the losses he suffered while making it.

I know this sounds bizarre, considering the millions he received, but there IS some proof. The following is an exaggerated transcript from an interview with the dude-meister:

Interviewer: {To a smiling keanu} Was it a lot of hard work?
Keanu: {Smile disappears} It was quite a lot of work, yeah. I mean, I was out in Australia, away from my family and friends for a whole year. And we had to train for months beforehand, as well as several hours each day. {Frown shining through} And we had to do hundreds of takes of the same scene, and I had to fight Hugo again and again and again and again! {Hysterical} And every time we thought we were done there was more stuff to do! THOSE WACHOWSKIS WOULDN'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN BLOOD!!! THOSE VULTURES!!! {Resuming smile} It was excellent!

Though a lot of this is exaggerated, I kid you not about the excellent line at the end of it!

Ahnold
Um, didn't mean to offend people with this. Sorry if I did - just thought it was interesting is all

Captain REX
I think he was being sarcastic, maybe hoping that the Wachowski's were watching. Or maybe not...

Verity
That sounds much like a Keanu to me......... stick out tongue

Ahnold
That right, duuuuuuude!!! Excellent!!!

Um, before you kill me korri, I should point out that Keanu once referred to HIMSELF as a "meathead". Er, not that I am or nothing.

Er, just in case you're still mad, I'm gonna go hide for a while.

In Mexico

Sifer
Had to do 100's of takes? It was HIM who wanted to do the 100's of takes. He is a perfectionist - watch Revisited and you will see what I mean. He is just having a laugh (in some of the cases).

The Omega
Mind explaining how an exaggerated transcript proves ANYTHING?
It doesn't.
There is NO proof.

Ahnold
Allow me to clarify: I actually saw this interview with keanu. And I exaggerated it slightly as I don't remember it exactly. The gist of it, however, is correct.

And he may be a perfectionist, but sometimes a perfectionist attitude can drive you mad. I should know - I'm a perfectionist big grin

ragesRemorse
Every interview i've seen him on when referring to the matrix series. He expresses nothing but great ex[ierences from the films. I highly doubt he resents the series seeing how he sighned on to reloaded and revolutions without even reading the scripts.On the reloaded interviews, he even says himself that he was the one who insisted on doing numerous takes,because HE was the one who wanted it to be perfect. I beleive he said" the brothers would ask me if i could do this, I said yeah as long as you give me 90 takes to get it right" That sounds like someone who has great faith, and content in a film.

Ahnold
Interesting theory. But all I see is a man who is committed to getting the best out of a film. Doesn't mean he enjoyed it. I mean, he does look really miserable in all his matrix interviews

ragesRemorse
well he did lose his G/F and his sister got cancer. I dont know though, i guess i have just seen different interviews. The one's i have seen. He appears to be very enthusuastic about these movies. He also gloats all the time about getting the chance to learn Martial arts, and the top coreography.

mailedbypostman
listen to the man

Korri
blink

Ahnold
Why blink

Korri
because i am blink

Ahnold
Yeah, but about what specifically?

Korri
no reason i just feel blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.