favourite moment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron
here you post you favourite moment from the books and the films

books

gandalf and the balrog that was great, legolas nearly having a heart attack, "aii a balrog"

films

the battle in moria, where they all lose control when they think frodo is dead

if you look just before the troll sees frodo behind the column, merry and pippiun are looking over, dont you think they would have told him if they were good friends

although they make up for it when they both pounce on the trolls back and stab it to pieces, i nearly cried when i saw that the other day sad

Ariadne
One thing that I like in the movies (but isn't my favourite) is when Frodo and Sam are talking about the stories that they could be in and Frodo smiles! That makes me happy.

Favourtie book moment would have to be... the mirror of Galadriel, when Pippin and Merry meet Treebeard, when Aragorn is with Merry in the Houses of Healing. And the Grey Havens are good.
big grin

bLooMiLiCioUs
movie moment :when legolas slides down the stairs!!!!

Exa
Book: each and every single moment

Film: fx Balrog falling when in the background "mettanna... narendur..." is sung und you just see the small fiery point... or the arrival of the elves (great music)... or everything related to sauron and the nazgul... especially when they leave Morgul... and of course the Last Alliance

sauron
ok favourite MOMENT not favourite half of the film you lot lol

Hegemon875
When melkor calls the Balrogs to save him from ungoliant(sp), I just thought that having Balrog bodyguards would be really cool.

Valîma

Verity
I have lots......but I get tingles when I see the ents marching to Isengard!
My eyes always get watery when Treebeard says "many of these trees were my friends!"....so sad! sad

Aragorn#1
book- all..... he he
film- tt when the wag-riders (dont know how to spell that?) come and the Rohan solders ride up behind Legolas just that small clip not Legolas' little trick

woodelf
Do I have to pick just one? I love the part where Gandolph leads the riders down the hill with the sun behind them and the breaking of the damn, in TTT.

There is a scene that was left out of the original TTT that I think is hilarious. There is a scene where Legolas and Gimli get in an argument about who killed the most. If you haven't seen the extended version, I highly recomend it. There are more very humorous scenes that were left out as well.

I love to be moved by emotions of sadness, joy, and humor!

badkittykitty
so far in the movies the moment when gandalf steps out of the light to show his face as 'gandalf the white' I always get a chill down my spine!

in the books when sam returns for frodo after the fight with shelob(not sure it I spelled that right),he is the true hero to me then

Camellia
Merry to Pippin (book): "Are you going to bury me?" "No, indeed!"

X-Menfan2003
1)When the Fellowship has been decided, Merry and Pippin run in. Then, Merry (or Pippin-can't remember) says, "Great. Where are we goin?"

2)In the Mines Of Moria, Gandalf has to battle The Balrog.

3)The Helms Deep battle

4) In Return Of The King, when Aragorn says, "Maybe not, but we can still give Frodo a chance"

MISSY_EC
Yeah...that's strange! I always think of that! Hmm!!
Well, that's a BIG question Sauron...umm:
In the Books it would be Tom Bombadillo, when he's saving them from the trees. And one thing more: The Grey Havens, I cried like a lil baby! confused

In the fellowship of the ring it is: When they are sailing on the river, all the way down. Don't you think it's sad when Gandalf falls down and Frodo just SCREAMS!?

In the Two Towers it is Sam's speech, and when Gandalf and the Balrog is falling down into the water! (the music)

In the Return of the King ,until now,(he he, haven't seen it)it is when Pippin has to leave! And he says: "We'll see each other soon right? Right?"
And then Merry'll go: "Don't know. I don't know what's happening!"
And then: "MEERRRYYYYY!!!!"

That's my fav. moment(s) *He he...*
*sneaker*

bLooMiLiCioUs
really???aw DAMN
*goes back to rethink her list*

TrixStar
Movie: The part where the elves march in to helms deep

Book: The story about Tom Bombadil

sauron
also tha saddest parts

books: spoiler coming up so dont look, i cant do tags, sam merry and pipin returning to the shire when frodo has left

movies: boromir refusing to die

Ariadne
In the movies I love the shot when Gandalf and the Balrog are falling and there's the water and you see the light getting brighter...yeah. That's cool.

Aurora
Books:
*Grey Havens,
*I love when Bilbo pulls Aragorn aside to work on his songs (it is so cute)
* The way Merry and Pippin begin the journey, they know about the ring, and the danger, and they still want to go to the end with Frodo. I also like that Sam was actually spying for them.

Movies: When Merry and Pippin fight over their height.
*When they find Saurmans secret storage room.
*When Sam says his speech in Osgiath(sp)
* When the elves come to Helms Deep (I know, I KNOW their not suppose to be there, but what the hell.)
*At the end of FOTR when Sam runs into the water.
*When Legolas asks Gimli if he needs a box to stand on....

sauron
lol dwarve boxes

Aurora
laughing laughing laughing laughing That is hilarious!

Bloom4ever
Favourite moment?
When the movie starts

lotrlover7000
When sam tells frodo he isnt leaving him at the end of the fellowship embarrasment

sauron
my fave moment in any tolkien book is

the valar arrive in te war of wrath and defeat morgoth

nazgulinthedark
book: when the witch king talks to gandalf at gondor

movie:when the nazgul are chasing the four hobbits around, so exiting!!!

BingaBonga
book: houses of healing
movie: (since there is no houses of healing scene!) The sunrise of the fourth day... big grin

Aurora
Isn't it the fifth day? Could be wrong, it's late and I'm tired. sad

fini
hmmm definitely house of healing,

from the movie..........sam going after frodo in FOTR, gandalf returning, TREEBEARD!!!

bluey_seas
Book: Almost All

Movie:
- In TTT when the Ents take a long time trying to decide wheter Pippin and Merry are Orcs/something(can't remember).
-FOTR ..in moria where pippin/merry touch the skeleton and it fell down the well

Maikahyandowen
Definately when the Elves enter Helm's Deep and when the Nazgul come charging out of Mordor after Frodo and it's all green and spooky in the background.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.