A TRUE fan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
Um, how many posts do you have to have made here to be a TRUE KMC matrix fan? Dammit, since I changed my name from noola to Ahnold I've gone from 150 to 3!!! Guess I'm ruled out then.

SLIGHTLY OT thread I know, but who would care about this in the OT forum? C'mon, oh great mod, will ya give it a chance? big grin

JediHDM
there is no quantifiable expression of true fandom, for it rests in your heart; know your heart, and you shall know the truth...

HannaBananabal
Spoken like a true Jedi wink

Ahnold
Ah c'mon! There's gotta be a number!

Korri
no not really....u cannot judge a fan by the number of posts they have made....thats just stupid

mook
someone could be obssessed by the films but have limited net access for example

Ahnold
Um, lemme put an end to this debate! 1000! Who here has 1000 posts? big grin

sith_darth_jay
uhhhhhhh... omega?

you don't really need to post everyday, and everytime you come here, some don't have the time, i usually just read, then if i have an opinion, i post. just like jedi said "it rests in your heart", nobody will tell you, you know it

Korri
to be quite honest i dont really care (no offense)

The Omega

Ahnold
All good points, Omega. I agree - word count {erm, RELEVANT word count, that is} is a more true test of fandom than post count.

Though I don't think my idea was "stupid", thank you korri

Ironically Omega's theory makes HER the true fan. Fancy that big grin

The Omega
Well, Ahnold.
I am, by all definitions, a TRUE fan wink
I have statues, I collect my tickets, I paid $150 for a Revolutions Umbrella (now I have it - now what am I gonna do with it??), Trinity shades, DVD's, NOT pirat OSTs, NOT pirat movie copies, long leather-coats, a catsuit, ehrm... Was chosen as moderator for my PASSION for the Matrix movies (oh, yes, that is true).

But: Korri and JediHDM are actually right: It doesn't matter how MUCH you post. Some people can hardly wrap their heads around the trilogy and still LOVE it. Some spy around here and NEVER post.

Once I'd have said: Whoever would chose the Red Pill, without knowing they could learn "kewl kung-fu". But judging from the latest choice thread... Uhhh...

So in conclusion: ...
(Ponder clever remark).
Free your choice!

Matrixman
The true test is how well you understand the film and know the script

" i know kungfu , show me.
cool

dragonpisces272
well, not exactly, but that might be one step smile

Korri
and its not like its a competition...we r all dedicated fans

ImIsStRiNiTy
Why did Trin die why not morpheus, hes old

Osiris
and if we consider no of posts

then 1000 is a small number Ahnold

some have more than 40,000 posts smile

Mistique
I know! I thought that scene was SO sad...

Mistique
Anyway, back on topic...

I don't think there is an actual number to become a true fan.... but thats just what I think. I've only been here 2 days...

Osiris
a true fan is like ......

actually no 1 can tell what a true fan is (LOL)
u'll have to see it urself

Mistique
I agree...

nobody can tell you what you have to do to be a true fan, only you can know that...

Mistique
if that makes any sense at all.... let me say it better

You'll know if you're a true fan, nobody can tell you when smile

I like that way better...

dave123
you're a true fan when you make 1 intelligent post

JediHDM
...that is relevant to the Matrix and the thread it is in and is your own thought, not pulled off another site...

but i still stick by my original post...there is no number that says i am now a fan, but everyone around you knows you are a fan, a true fan, and there is no doubt...that is what makes you a true fan

Korri
completely agree with Jedi smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.