everything that has a beggining must have an end

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
thats not entirely true...

comments? questions? smart @$$ remarks? lol

Shoukan
So do we have to find stuff that seems true but is not blink

badkittykitty
for instance?

GABRIEL05
it is true man only one constant in the universe. Something happens or it doesn't happen

Complicated
A ray has no ending. I'd speak of the origins/destiny of the universe, but I can't begin to fathom either...

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hate will never end. there will always be hatred.

Complicated
Now, that's assuming that sentience will always be around. Without sentience, you cannot have hate. If we're the only sentient planet in the universe (unlikely), and we keep burning fossil fuels and whatnot...

Now, if humanity does persevere forever, somehow, I'd jokingly submit that capitalism and the farce of affirmative action will be around forever.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hmmm true, true....i wonder how long humanity will last

Complicated
Well, we're currently consuming something like 70 million barrels of oil a day, and that'll undoubtedly increase as economies grow in places like rural China and India. This past spring, last time I read about the proposed drilling in Alaska, there were an estimated 1.213 trillion barrels of oil in "proven reserves" left. If you do the math - 1213e^9 / 70e^6 = 17328.5 days. Since there are 365.25 a year, of course, you get 47 years. That means we'll be out of oil in 2050 as things are right now.

Yes, we have coal and tar sands that'll supply us with a little bit more, but we're really looking at the end of our oil supply really soon, and our needs for things such as machine lubes, jet fuel, diesel fuel, and gasoline for emergency vehicles aren't going away.

I really don't see the effort from our government necessary for upcoming sources of fueling such as hydrogen, bio-diesel, or ethanol, and I don't think that I will until too late. The pessimist in me is saying that, while we won't be killed off, serious set-backs are going to occur after the next few decades.

Also, of course, the US keeps on pissing everyone off, and global warfare could do wonders for the extermination of our species.

SaTsuJiN
well a book has a beginning and an end. Its usually most favored by man, something that has a conclusion. Imagine a symphony that never stopped? that would be annoying. Even we arent eternal, we begin and end, the day begins and ends, ceremonies begin and end. Our cultures are mostly built upon things that dont last forever, and thus are appreciated accordingly. The only thing that lasts eternally are things either made up by us, or dont require something else to thrive. I love that whole statement though, it brings up so many issues. (everything that has a beginning has an end) Its all about closure (emotionally, physically etc)

Friend44
I think most of the things I start, I never finish. So, I start the dishes but it has no end. I start to pick-up my dirty socks but there's no end.

dave123
1 divided by 3 doesn't have an end
nor does "Pi"
and i'm pretty sure stupidity doesn't have an end either stick out tongue
and time

Friend44
Time doesn't have an end? I'm not saying it does have one, but how do you know that?

Fire
you don't you never do, that's something that can't be proven

but Since noone can prodict what tomorrow will bring, you can't state that something has no end. tomorrow it can be over, however unlikely you can never be sure.

Friend44
"One can tell how many apples are in tree but one can never tell how many trees are in an apple"

Fire
true and you can't tell how many apples there are gonna be on that tree tomorrow

nazgulinthedark
a line and a circle have no end, nor a beginning

Fire
again today that is true, but noone knows what tomorrow will bring

indeed the chance is very small that the whole idea of circles and lines will have changed by tomorrow but you never know

LindsIsTightK
I think that statement can be considered very true, all depending on what you are talking about.

Fire
well It has to do with empirism

that suggests that a
synthetic judgement a priori doesn't exist, you can't explain it.

but almost anything we accept as a law of nature is a synthetic judgement a priori.

(I can explain futher should you like)

Storm
we use our philosophy way too much roll eyes (sarcastic) smile

Fire
hey it helps me studying the thingy

Complicated
Nazgul, since they don't have a beginning they don't apply here. stick out tongue Otherwise I would have busted out with 1/0 and tan(90) already. stick out tongue

Fire
lol, still we never know what tomorrow holds, those empirists were really on to something

Storm
so enjoy every day 'cause nothing says that you' ll wake up the next morning
you just expect to wake up as usual (custom and habit)

Fire
indeed smile CARPE DIEM/ NOCTEM

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i dunno if anyone mentioned this but
this thread has a beginning and will soon have an end.

Fire
it has a beginning but who says it has an end?

Complicated
Many in the OTF don't. stick out tongue

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol.

stinkfist462
it is true "everything that has a beggining has an end"
like your lifew for instance... a great movie..... the world (in like a million years)
the beggining of a relationship maybe....

Fire
well you can NOT be a 100% sure that you will ever die, until the day you die. so that isn't true. That movie it might be so that indeed has an end today, but should it SOMEHOW gain a few more hours on it tomorrow and the day after that and after that and so forth it would have no end- so that isn't true either.
the world: same thing you can NOT be sure, because you do NOT KNOW what will hapen in the FUTURE.
everything indeed has a beginning, but an end, that is questionable.

I admit this is all far fetched an all, but the point still stands, WE CAN NOT PRODICT THE FUTURE. WE CAN ONLY MAKE A CALCULATED GUESS BASED ON EXPERIENCE.

stinkfist462
the sun.... it is a growing star and will eventually blow up in like 90 million years... then after that, the earth will have no source of heat and will eventually freeze itself over.. unless we evovle enuff to survive that kinda thing.. then it wont end.
and yes we all die some day.....

Complicated
Stinkfist, you can't prove a rule by citing things that abide by it. laughing out loud Again, a ray begins but has no end. Pi begins but has no end. We have established those two, at least. The statement is false. There's no denying that.

Fire
hmmm well complicated that isn't exactly true, as I have been trying to tell anyone here, modern science can NOT look in the future.
Maybe tomorrow someone will discover the end of pi, however unlikely it might happen. same for a ray, like it is now, there is indeed no ending nor beginning-but who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Complicated
Actually, a ray's very definition is that it has only one end. If there's another end, it's a segment. A ray has only one end. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.