Would You Rather...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
a). Stay in the Matrix (ignorance is bliss)

b). Be freed and live in Zion (welcome to the real world)

i think id stay in the matrix - life in the real world would be too harsh.

The Omega
Sorry, Mook.
But it probably doesn't come as a surprise that we've had this thread before.

But I'll give you my answer: Again.
Red pill. Real world all the way. I'd never want to live on a lie, no matter how appealing that lie may be.

xeous
Blue. "Ignorance is Bliss."

mook
sorry im new here - but if you didnt know it was a lie you wouldnt mind - i agree with cypher "why didnt i take the blue pill?"

The Omega

mook
ok but what if you were freed and then given the choice of being reinserted, remembering nothing and in any walk of life you want (an actor maybe?) but you didnt have to betray your friends (like Cypher did).

you would surely choose to be reinserted rather than live the real world?

Ahnold
Um, Omega - how are we supposed to know whether an obscure topic such as this has already been opened? The search function isn't always very helpful with such non-specific threads, and you can't seriously expect us to search through all 36 odd pages to find one!

I can accept the need to refrain from posting new threads that are FDT's - but c'mon, be reasonable. Direct to other threads, and even close threads by all means but there is NO NEED for comments like "I'll give you my opinion. Again" as if the original poster is stupid or something!

And I don't much care if I get attacked or banned for this post - what was said HAD to be said!

mook
i wasnt really bothered arnie to be honest but cheers anyway. anyhoo the question has now morphed into:

"what if you were freed and then given the choice of being reinserted, remembering nothing and in any walk of life you want (an actor maybe?) but you didnt have to betray your friends (like Cypher did).

you would surely choose to be reinserted rather than live the real world?"

Ahnold
Hmmmm - I'm weak, so would probably choose to be reinserted big grin

And thanks for the gratitude - but as I already mentioned: what was said HAD to be said, for Omega if nothing else

The Omega

mook
Omega>That some one would even prefer the Matrix to the real world is the scary part. That some people would chose a lie simply because of comfort, to the truth, is, in my opinion, a sign of a weak will.

perhaps, but why not choose a life of comfort over a life of discomfort?

ignorance in that case would be bliss!

Ahnold
Omega - I can appreciate that some topics would have already been opened - I always understood that. But PLEASE - re-read the specifics of my post! And c'mon, there is no need for the attitude!

The Omega

mook
Omega>So would you rather people LIED to you, than tell you the truth, if the truth would make you feel uncomfotable??

no. buts thats a different question. id rather live a happy comfortable life in a virtual world instead of Zion

Korri
Zion gawd damn

mook
why?

you could be someone important - live a happy life!

embrace the matrix!

sith_darth_jay
i choose the red pill, i don't like the idea of being controled by anything other than me, if there's a truth other than what lies before my eyes, i'd look for it. you may choose to not know anything, and live like a puppet your ignorant life, but i wouldn't.... plus, how else would you get to do the awesome things that you might do inside the matrix if you don't know you could?

Korri
i dont want to be a slave!

The Omega

66tom99
yeah, Imagine living with a bunch of hippies!

the machines went to all that trouble, it'd be a shame to waste it.

Alias Neo
being in zion

Korri
wink

66tom99
are we talking doing this now, i.e. after all the films have happened, or before, during the war?

Alias Neo
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/naughty.gif

mook
omega>you ARE choosing a comfortable lie to an uncomfortable truth.

agreed but i said you wouldnt remember so it would be the 'truth' to you.

sith darth jay>how else would you get to do the awesome things that you might do inside the matrix if you don't know you could?

thats the first good reason for leaving the matrix ive heard. but would you still be able to jack in and jump around and kill people cos there is no war so they are not your enemies you would be killing innocent people who just made a different choice from you.

mook
im not sure to be honest!
give an answer for either before the films happen or after the war.

obviously you wouldnt want to be in zion during the battle!

The Omega

mook
(sorry, mistake, ignore ,cant delete it)

mook
living in zion would be a very poor quality of life.
the only highlight would be to jack into the matrix and bend the rules for fun.

otherwise ill take the happy,comfortable (but admittedly fake) life within the matrix. (after the war, to clarify)

Korri
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/vampire.gif

The Omega
AliasNeo & Korri> Could you two perhaps take your flirting to private mails?
Thank you for for corporation! smile

Korri
apologies

Alias Neo
to the private messges!

Alias Neo
or even better msn

Korri
smile

mors823
If I knew about the Matrix, I would want to get out, join a ship, go back in and kick some agents ass. Zion's nice, but boring. I would first want to leave the system and enter back through a different one.

sith_darth_jay
well, i'm not saying that's the reason i choose to live outside the matrix, that's just a "plus". like i say, i control myself, i don't wanna be a slave.

((The_Anomaly))
definitly the real world i couldent take knowing that nothing was real...plus u can go into the amtrix and run up walls and stuff if ya wanted to...

Ahnold
Omega - please re-read my first post within this topic. I feel that there are some issues that were not addressed in your reply

Oh, and I'm not having a go, honest! I'm a mod too! {Erm, of another site} big grin

JediHDM
I would rather live in Zion, knowing that i am TRULY free, rather than BELIEVING that i am 'free' in the Matrix...the real is ALWAYS better than the 'hyperreal', to quote Baudrillard...and i would choose Zion even if i knew Squiddies were coming the next day to tear the place apart...its a state of mind, more than a place or a condition.

Chapel
the crimson jelly bean every time.

1 - rather a harder bad truth than a easy good lie

2 - life in the free spirited future of zion, looks so "boring" compared to the mass marketed, lifestyle optioned, wage slave life of the late 20th centuary world of the matrix

3 - as a freed mind you get to join a ship crew, learn any subject in a matter of hours, hack into the matrix and break the rules and wear sunglasses and night in doors without looking like a ****, create your own simulations (like the training programs or the start of LFOTO)

4 - green mood lighting, you cant be serious!!

mook
Chapel>the mass marketed, lifestyle optioned, wage slave life of the late 20th centuary world of the matrix

but as i said "what if you were freed and then given the choice of being reinserted, remembering nothing and in any walk of life you want (an actor maybe?) but you didnt have to betray your friends (like Cypher did)."

you could have the perfect life...?

Ahnold
Omega? PLEASE reply to my message! Erm, sorry if this is out of the blue - see my message on page two

Mistique
I'm quite fine here in the matrix yes

Chapel
nope you could only have a simulation of a "perfect" life.

Mistique
Chapel> if you're talkign to me, would you like to expand a bit?

The Omega

Ahnold
Omega: Let me give you an example of something. I enter "Red pill" into the search engine - TEN v. long threads come up, and none of them have directly addressed this question. Thus I do not see the problem with opening a topic like this - if it has never EXPLICITLY been discussed before.

Now look - it's not a COMPLETE surprise {or even a remote surprise} that this has been discussed a lot before - but given the evidence above you can see my point.

I think the expression "behaving themselves" when applied to newbs is a tad harsh, personally. It's just a forum - they don't know how everything works, mistakes will happen, and I don't think words like "AGAIN" and "COMPLETELY" are warranted - direct them to the problem, sure, but please: those words come off, frankly, as rude and condescending!

And finally, I don't want you to think I'm moaning, I'M NOT! I just wanted to address a problem that has been on my mind ever since I got here, and didn't want my comments to appear insulting {hence resulting in a ban}

Comments much appreciated

Lag
Just to get this part out of the way I would choose the Red pill for the uncertaint wisdom it holds. The Blue pill is just to familiar.

Now do address the living a lie thing.I don't think living in the Matrix is a lie, why would it be. You wake up, go to your job, make money to feed your kids, come home and go to sleep. Or maybe your a bum, or a millionaire, or a blue-collar, or you go to college and learn a skill to make a living doing something unique, just like our world. It's just hard to call it a lie when everything is being shown to everyone. It seems to me like it's just a different way to live.

Again I would choose the Red pill just to see where I would be taken, but I wouldn't judge the people that would stay. Think if you were presented with this, everything would factor in, family, friends, job, tradition. All these things would be going on in your mind, it would be pretty hard to decide. Besides wanting to know what else is out there I would take the Red pill, because I wouldn't want to be a cannibal. That's just gross and wrong. That would be a huge deciding factor in not taking the Blue pill.

mook

mors823
I would rather eat worms (which would not be real) than live in a fake world. As I said before, I would want to leave the Machine system and jack back in and not be a battery.

The Omega

kalantiaw
i would definitely wanna get jacked out of the matrix... red pill, RED PILL... yes, living in the real world would be hard, but i'm sure there are programs created for leisure... like playing golf, or basketball, or whatever... plus i can kick major a$$... i wouldn't wanna be a battery forever... and i definitely do not wanna be a virgin forever... remember, anything that happened within the matrix was only in the mind... how would i know that sex really felt that way laughing ... it was the machines telling that it was like that, not me... anyways, RED PILL all the way...

Ahnold
Omega - thanks for your reply. I agree with everything you said - I guess I just hadn't looked at things from that POV before. Congratulations on a bang up job as mod, btw!

JediHDM
i cannot believe that this is even a question...i cannot understand why someone would rather live in a lie, a prison, if you will, when you can be free...even if that freedom comes with a price. the EASY way out is to take the blue pill, which should probably explain to me right there why people would choose it rather than the red pill...people would rather live in comfort and luxury than work for a living...i don't understand...

sith_darth_jay
some ppl (would) think that's easy to live in a lie, then live in a place where you may get killed the day after you're reborn. It is a comfortable lie but it's not a luxury. It's the real world for those who don't know the truth, it's life, and they work for it (at least that's what they think) so it is REAL, for them.... If for some reason, the truth is presented to them, they won't believe it, their minds are trapped in the matrix, they simply won't accept the truth.
And if they chose the red pill, they would see the truth, and that won't be so pleasant, some will want to be reinserted if they could (if it's possible cuz i don't think it was ever done).
would you leave everything you know, your whole lifestyle, your friends and family for the truth?... i know i would but some ppl wouldn't?

that's what the first matrix asked us: is this world real?... and that's why i love it

Sifer
I would live in both worlds. Simple answer. You have the choice to believe whatever you want to believe. I think you missed a point of the movies Omega - It's one of the fundamental reasons Sati asks "Why did you leave?"

It ISN'T a lie at all either because rememeber, EVERYONE connected to the Matrix has a choice. Another major point brought into the light at the end of Reloaded. And don't even try to bring up "But it's a lie because it isn't real" etc cause I will say the following.

"What is real? How do you define Real?" big grin

JediHDM
it IS a lie, because the people are not given the choice we ourselves are now debating...the people are not asked, before they are put into the Matrix, whether they want to go into the matrix or want to live in the real world. The people in the Matrix are lied to, whether they accept the truth or not. And the Matrix is NOT real, it may SEEM real, but we all know appearances can be deceiving...

mailedbypostman
Red pill. I just wouldn't like being lied to.This goes back to the ancient arguement,"Ignorance is Bliss.We can argue forever on this.
*80 years later.*
"Red pill shows you the truth!"
"Easy life in the matrix is best!"

Lag
What if you were born into poverty in the Matrix and evrything sucked for you and everything almost kills you daily, including desease. Then choosing the red pill would be cowardly.

I don't kow what my point is, but think about it.

sith_darth_jay
Jedi> like sifer said "What is real? How do you define Real?".

those who don't know the truth can't choose wheter their want to stay in or not, but that's the point of revolutions. Now they will be presented with the truth, and they will truly have a choice. It's a LIE for those who know, but for them it's life.

mook
JediHDM>the EASY way out is to take the blue pill, which should probably explain to me right there why people would choose it rather than the red pill...people would rather live in comfort and luxury than work for a living..

Yep - exactly!

sith_darth_jay
not exactly... like I said... it's not luxury, it's a living.

but is indeed the easiest way out

Verity
I would definitely choose truth....no matter how painful it can be! Once u know ur living a lie, how can u stay that way? I wouldn't want to take the blue pill!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/no.gif

The Omega

The Omega

mailedbypostman
*shrug*

Awokenforever
you worthless punk..." the real world is too harsh" wahhh

mook

sith_darth_jay
Omega> i never said the I want to stay, or for that matter, choose to be reinserted, i prefer the harsh truth, ,i don't wanna be slave.. ever, all i'm saying that for those who don't know the truth, the matrix it's real life, and it's no a luxury like some say, you won't always be rich, famous inside the matrix, you could also be a bump, and that's life, whether is real or not.

back to the topic.. i'd always choose the red pill, and i'd stay in the real world

The Assassin
i would have went to zion and then went back because i know its not real and i really like video games

The Assassin
oh yea and i could live with the lie of the matrix by taking the blue pill because if im be decieved then someones gettin sued.

The Assassin
but then again i would have chose both pills because i like pills and they taste good

rajah kalantiaw
edit button.

Korri
yeah i was going to say no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.