Why Is The Smith/ Oracle So Much Stronger???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
I have some ideas about why that the oracle smith is so much stronge then the rst of the smiths.......but i want to here some of your opinions.......

The Omega

mook
thats why the other smiths arent taking part - he 'knows' he will win (or at least thinks he does)

((The_Anomaly))
sure, unfortunatly that does not explain his strength or his ability to fly...........

The One Part 2
He is equal to Neo in power. The Oracle's eyes just give him the advantage of seeing into the future. Besides that, whatever powers Neo has, Smith has them too.

Hegemon875
So howcome when Neo could fly Smith couldnt until he absorbed oracle?

Sifer
SMITH IS NEO! EOS!

Ushgarak
I hate to say it Omega- but no, I did not notice that.

Analysis of the fight reveals the complete opposite- Neo scores MANY blows on Smith who scores far fewer back.

Facts do not fit your statement.

Sifer
Yes, Neo hits Smith ALOT of times - More so than Smith hitting Neo.. Even in the first few seconds. Will go and watch my *cough* pirate *cough* edition and see how many.

The One Himself
post from Matrix Questions:

Neo is a hacker so his mind is able to find "holes" in the simulation as he were in a computer system and he manipulates the Matrix code to stop bullets and fly...Of course, as one of the oldest programs, The Oracle knows the entire Matrix programming, allowing Smith to do the same.

Msg without spellcheck

The Omega
Ush> Okay, before I bore you to death with martial arts philosophy smile
Do you know of the term "striking from emptiness"??

Ushgarak
Yup, but I really don't see that applying... any advantages Smith had in that fight were nothing to do with predictive power.

HexSintax
with the people he took over he used their knowledge to use against neo...because it was a collective, he used the collective knowledge to put up a fight...it seems that he also took over other programs, so mabye the knowledge of flight was stumbled across....

The Unknown
When is it ever said that he couldn't fly before, just because he chose not to? Perhapts he didn't want to chase after Neo because he'd rather wait until the Matrix is his.

Hegemon875
He was trying to kill Neo and was winning he could've have easily killed him then and there but couldn't because he couldn't fly.

HexSintax
never could smith have defeated neo as long as neo was trying, it was when he gave up that he was defeated...smith wasnt ever winning until neo began to realize that theres only one way to end it....

The Omega

mors823
The Oracle Smith was able to assmiulate all the powers he absorbed into him. Don't know if this is true, just a thought.

((The_Anomaly))
good thoughts keep them coming.............

maybe after a while we can combine them to make a definitive answer.....

droopy1592
When Smith absorbed the Oracle, you saw all the "POWER" effect, like things blowing around and all the Smiths looking in awe while their hair gets blown off of their heads. You didn't see that when he took over any other program, that's why the smiths were looking so crazy. She was a very powerful and dangerous program, even more so than Merv. Smith assimilated all of her powers.

She was like a GOD, only 2nd in command to the Arch, or maybe even equal.

I'm sure that the Oracle, like the Architect, can rewrite the matrix anyway she see's fit. And that's what Smith did, once he took her over. He could change the matrix, and probably even change lines in his own program to give him the ability to match NEO.

The "EYES of the ORACLE" only pertain to the part of her program that is so predictive." But, if she is like a God, or an ADMINISTRATOR program, she could do what she wants, which is why smith could.

I'm sure if the Oracle wanted to fly, she could. She always knew what was going on, and what was going to happen, so why couldn't she fly?

She was always baking cookies. And you can bait your enemy when you appear weak.

The Unknown
If the Oracle was a "god" then she wouldn't need Seraph to protect her. She's just an ordinary program with the ability to read thoughts/the future.

mors823
The Oracle is a powerful program, therefore when Smith copied her, he absorbed her powers. The answer is what went on inside the Oracle's kitchen. Firgure out that, and we figure out the question.

droopy1592
Like I said, you can appear weak and bait your enemy. Ever played chess?

The architect said "that was a dangerous game you played."

The Unknown
The dangerous game was helping Neo, not appearing to be weak...

Ahnold
Does that refer to her helping neo, or being taken over by Smith? Or both? Or neither? Help!

The Unknown
And if she was so powerful, then why not protect Sati? And what would be the point of baiting her enemy? Smith was already after her.

((The_Anomaly))
not likely, she is an intuative program initally designed to explore certin aspects of the human psychie........shes not an "administrator" and she cannot fly, if she could why would she need seraph to protect her?......it has to be something else....

Sifer
Firstly, everyone is built to have a purpose. The Oracle's purpose was to delve into the aspects of the human psyche and then took on the role of The Oracle. She was NOT designed to fight in any way, therefore she doesn't. Notice how Merv doesn't fight and we know he is very powerful. The Architect doesn't fight. That answers why Seraph is needed to protect her.

Also, back to the Smith/Neo fight. Well some of you still haven't clicked I don't think so I will tell you:

Temet Nosce

combined with

"You do not truly know someone, unti, you fight them."

Make sense? wink

The Omega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.