Russell Crowe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

edwinian
Generally a hottie in my books...just saw Master and Commander though and wow...very different looking Crowe. As I have heard many people saying he was a hard hero to watch and beleive. However, since I love historical fiction...I loved the movie....there is another movie on A & E coming out soon too..Horatio Hornblower-pretty much about the same time on a naval commander in the Napoleonic Wars. I am also gonna watch that..but this time its nice cause the commader is a very nice hottie!!!

Billybobbed
Haven't seen Master and Commander yet, but I am a big fan of the Horatio Hornblower series myself. I've got TiVo set to record that sometime in December. I don't know how I feel about Russel Crowe, either. I guess there are things about his personal life that affect the way I think about him as an actor in general. Ever since that Meg Ryan fiasco, I think he's an idiot...

scott hiwersh
Well, he isn't that bad, give the guy a break, but I am more excited about the Hornblower series as well. The last one was great, and I am a fan of the hotspur story, so these will be just as good if not better.

edwinian
Ah man..personal life smersonal life.But I do see your point. I guess I still just think he is nice to look at in general....

I was reading a review of Horatio though and they had another pic of the commander there. Ioan Gruffold or something like that and I will hold that he is nice looking.

Anyways..anyone watching this tonight/tomorrow?

USA Today Review

Sugar Kane
He was on a UK chat show on friday, and I have to say, I was completely won over by him. He was funny, charming and down to earth. Good bloke, but a little scary sometimes! big grin

Dejio
He IS an idiot.

cogger15
i think hes great, since he did gladiator ive been totally in love with the guy! he is an amazing actor and yeah gotta admit it..he is hot! love
i saw him on friday night with jonathan ross he was so funny! he's been on loads of chat shows in the uk, hes always joking around. he truly is a great guy under that bad boy image big grin

Sugar Kane
That's what I saw him on! He seemed like a genuinely cool guy, and I think the press should leave him alone! wink

scott hiwersh
That review is impressive. I will be tuning in for sure. I like Crowe, he is a real man's man. Is this Ioan Gruffold the one on the talk shows? Or is it Crowe? They both are cool with me. Who is the love interest in these Hornblower movies? She is a looker if you ask me.

MISSME
Russell was very good in the "Gladiator". The movie plot was excellent. It will be hard to do better then this movie. I heard there will be a "Gladiator 2" movie in the future?

Tex
RC is an arrogant prick who treats people like garbage!
Ugh! I hate him! thumb down

BackFire
Russel Crow is possibly the most over-rated actor of recent cinema, not only are his performances extremely generic, but they are also praised for no reason whatsoever, he's yet to really give a spectacular performance....I will admit he was pretty good in Beautiful Mind, but not worth all the attention.

As for Gladiator, it was a bad rehash of Sparticus and Braveheart, and I was actually offended by the fact that it won the oscar in the year 2000, a year that had so many great films that were far more deserving of the award.

Sugar Kane
I think his best role was in L.A. Confidential...that role really reflects the way the press see him, which is kind of funny. I think that Gladiator is overrated, although he is very attractive in it! big grin

Evil Dead
Crowe is an ass.......but an excellent actor.

Whether you liked Gladiator or not (damn good if you ask me).....you must admit that Russel Crowe did a great job. A Beautiful Mind, no brainer.........you would be hard pressed to find another person in Hollywood who could match his performance.

Hollywood has been raving about Tom Hanks since Philidelphia.......yes he did a good job. Yes, Forrest Gump was good. Okay......that's it. Joe v/s the Volcano, Big, Bosom Buddies, Cast Away, Apollo 13, etc.........why does he get all of this attention? He has had one outstanding performance (Gump)......and a decent job in Philidelphia. Russel Crowe's performances in Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind are far superior to Hank's in Philidelphia.........and his acting in A Beautiful Mind is on par with Hank's in Forrest Gump.

Why do you think a hack like Hanks who was lucky enough to get two good roles deserves all this attention but Crowe doesn't? Who do you think in Hollywood deserves the attention more? I'd love to see Harrison Ford, Keanu Reeves, Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, Richard Dreyfuss, etc. try to play Crowe's character in A Beautiful Mind........

cogger15
russell has had many amazing roles.... gladiator, a beautiful mind and most recently master and commander. They are praised for the fact that they are great films! i dont think russ is over rated at all i think he deserves every bit of attention he recieves.

Yeah sugar kane he does seem like a cool guy. it was funny when he came out and layed on the sofa and jonathan ross said he was dressed like a plumber laughing

Kes
Well Hanks is a comedian who did well in a few dramas. He has that movie with the dog, and that movie about the house that is falling apart (cant remember the title in english) those are great.Also Sleepless in Seatle (personally dont like that 1)And the green mile wink
Not that difficult. Those parts, thou tiresome, are the easiest. Not to mention that he was imitating...the guy from the story is alive and well.Geoffrey Rush did the same in Shrine (I think thats the name) Waaaay more physical demanding then Crowe's.
Also way better.
Harrison Ford- Cant remember the name of the movie...Henry's return or something like that. He was a ruthless lawyer who gets shot, then has to recuperate. Gets mentally disable (something like that)
Brad Pitt- Pretty freaky in 12 monkeys.
Edward Norton- In Primal fear and The score (for a bit at least)

Kes
Forgot:
Kevin Bacon in a movie about Alcatraz (very good movie but I cant remember the name)
Leo DiCaprio in What's eating Gilbert Grape (I think thats the name).
There are more of course.

scott hiwersh
Well, I thought Crowe was good in M&C, but that Ioan Grufford guy was better last night in the Hornblower movie. Crazy, but true. I was expecting a pretty good movie, but I didn't think it would be as good as it was.

edwinian
thats kinda what i was trying to get at...Horatio was a much more believable sea captain in terms of the debonair good looks, etc. that I would think would come with it..ya know.

did you watch it?

Dejio
Crowe is over rated. And the guy is full of himself. Since were mentioning past movies; one word - Virtuosity. What crap acting from Crowe.

He's an idiot!

edwinian
Never saw virtuousity..but speaking again of past movies..saw GI Jane last night and Viggo sure has come a long way in acting to be the great aragorn and looker that he is today..wowo

Kes
The topic here is Russel Crowe not Viggo.

diegocala
Hate, Hate I can't stand him! I don't know why but Crowe bugs the crap out of me!

Vader
He is my favorite actor.

I'm Vader, father to a murder child husband to a murder wife and I will have my revenge in this life or the next one!

cogger15
laughing yeh hes great!

edwinian
gee. i know. i started it. i was just adding to topic because something someone said reminded me of that...jeesh

Kes
If you want to respond to something someone says quote that person, dont write something out of the blue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.