Clive Owen-the new bond?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VengeanceGOD
What do you guys think of the rumor of Clive Owen being the new Bond? Personally, after seeing The Hire, I think he'd do a great job. But that's just my opinion.

holdenhsvgtsr
i kinda said this abt 2 months ago

Discos
meh, I thought Pierce was coming back for another one but after that I would think that the guy "Chandler" from a series called "The Bill" would make a good looking bond.

yerssot
a tad too late then, huhwink

VengeanceGOD
Well I kinda wasn't here about two months ago, so I had no way of knowing. Fool. smile

Ahnold
Bump!

Isn't it funny? This thread was made over a year ago, and we're STILL debating whether Clive Owen will be in Bond 21 ...

yerssot
and he won't cause he said no

Ahnold
Meh. That's no big loss ...

yerssot
dunno, Pierce liked him for a while too

UnivEx
Owen has publicly said he doesn't want the role... i'll acknowledge that... i wonder if he would say no, though, if it was offered to him... that may be a different story... IMO, he'd be great in the role...

but if he doesn't take it, my runner-up candidate would be James Purefoy...

yerssot
Owen does have the right age though...
it won't be the first time that people reject the bond role due to age though

Bondgirl512
Clive Owen is my first choice for Bond 21, if Pierce doesn't do it, which I hope he doesn't do, he's getting too old (poor chap). IMO, he has all the elements that makes Bond, class, sophistication, intelligence, sexiness, and he looks great in a tuxedo! Anyway, I wouldn't be too bummed out if he wasn't the next Bond. It would be good if he was though... he'd be great!

yerssot
I saw TND and DaD in the same day, and I have to say, he looked better with the bit of grey shining through his hair...

and Pierce won't be in the new one, his contract ended and he didn't sign for extras

Bondgirl512
I think he looks really good looking with the grey hairs, but I don't we need another Never Say Never Again, do we?

Mane
Look at this picture - http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002WZTJS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg - I think he could most definitely pull off the look. yes

yerssot
but in NSNA, Sean was bald wink

hmm, if Clive gets some longer hair, he might look like it... reminds me a bit of Dalton though

lau_timmy
I heard he won the Golden Globe Award for best supporting actor in "Closer". Well Done

yerssot
he did, and Portman got one too for that movie

UnivEx
well, since Owen got a Golden Globe, the bookies "William Hill" have slashed his ranking... they're laying odds on him at 4/1 now (previously was 8/1)...

not that they have any influence over who will be picked... but it's nice to see him getting a little more support! wink big grin

yerssot
why would a globe enhance chances? I would think it doesn't since it makes him more known

UnivEx
i'm with you on that one... Bond actors are generally lesser knowns before they're picked for Bond... same reason i think Hugh Jackman doesn't have a chance... but this just shows what the bookies know, i guess (which is nothing roll eyes (sarcastic) )... still gotta keep my fingers crossed for Clive, though... if not, Purefoy all the way, baby!!! big grin wink

yerssot
well, the same bookies gave Salmon a lot ...and he's black messed

(not being racist, just that bond is white messed)

Corran
he'd be rubbish

yerssot
why would he be that?

UnivEx
the thing you have to remember with the bookies, is that they're trying to make money... when the things with Salmon happened, it was because a huge number of people started placing massive bets on him all at once, and it scared them that maybe - just maybe - someone was using inside information to make a buck (not that anyone would ever do that, right Martha Stewart??), so they adjusted his odds so that IF Salmon was picked as Bond, the payoff wouldn't be so big... the bookies came out and said that publicly, too - that they saw it as a big publicity stunt by people promoting Salmon, and they had adjusted his odds in order to get people to quit betting on him so much...

yerssot
yeah, but he also signed a pic with "the new James Bond"

Corran
He's just not cool enough

yerssot
but how do you define that?

Corran
Define cool? You can't, someone is either cool or they are not.

yerssot
but does he have to look good in tux or how he has his hair or don't you care about that?

Corran
I guess he can look quite daper, but he just does not stike me as cool enough.

yerssot
who would you prefer then?

Corran
Yerssot!

yerssot
Corran!

what? blink

Corran
Oh right, I think Jude Law would be able to pull it off.

yerssot
and he looks cool and like the others?

Corran
He does look cool yes. He may have to do something about the colour of his hair.

yerssot
and grow more of them too

UnivEx
no he didn't... he signed his name, followed by "007", which for all we know is just a reference to the fact that he is well-known for his appearances in Bond films... the media then took it and ran with it and made up the whole "new James Bond" story...

get your facts straight... roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue wink big grin

btw, Jude Law is not mature enough for Bond... he looks like a 15 yr old kid!

yerssot
it basicly means the same though

Kaleanae
Actually, Jude Law does really look like a kid. He has a baby face... I don't know, for his age, he looks younger. But for Bond, Jude Law could really make a good Bond. messed

yerssot
how do you mean? messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.