Two Towers Extended Edition (w/Easter Egg info!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VengeanceGOD
I just watched the Two Towers Extended Edition for the first time last night. The new footage is AWESOME, but unfortuantely it doesn't save the movie like I hoped it would, and definitely doesn't make it 200 times better like the added footage to Fellowship did. Still my least favorite LOTR so far.

Easter Egg: Same place it was on the Fellowship Extended DVD. Go to the last page of chapter selection, and then hit down until a small ring appears at the bottom. Hit enter, and you get to see Gollum's acceptance speech from the MTV Movie Awards. (which is hilarious)

Dejio
"It doesn't save the movie"?!? As if the movie needed saving. HELLOO!

Anyway, I loved the added scenes. Except maybe the one on the Rohans stable with Aragorn and Eowyn. I think it didn't add much to the movie.

I especially liked the scenes with Boromir, Faramir and Denethor. I still think they should have squeezed this in the theatrical Release. Well, that's what the Extended DVD's are here for.

Aurora
The easter egg had me rolling laughing.... wonder how much that acceptance speech cost them. huh What ever it was it was well spent. I loved it!!! laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

VengeanceGOD
Sorry, the reason I said "save the movie" is because I was really let down by Two Towers. I was expecting a movie as good as Fellowship, and it just wasn't as good.

stinkfist462
AND FELLOWSHIP WAS GOOD... UMM NO.. I DONT THINK SO!!

burlyman
best - ROTK, then FOTR, then TTT

i havent seen ROTK yet but i guess so.. my trilogy theory wink

*wait for TTT extended* 17 days smile

VengeanceGOD
Please crawl back into whatever hole you came up from, thank you.

FLICKNAVY
The fellowship and two towers both rocked.......Don't know what to say to anyone that disagreed. Horrible movie taste maybe?

BOPRecruit 16
what the freakin' hell is this "easter egg" business?!

burlyman
hidden extras on a dvd

VengeanceGOD
I'm not saying that TTT was BAD...it was just a bit of a let-down after FOTR.

Tired Hiker
really???! even after all that razzamatazz and the nights on the town oh oh?

Tired Hiker
You knewit, and yo u blew it!!!! !

Lord_Andres
well is there any hidden material in TTT Extended?

Aurora
Yes. If u have a region 1 dvd this is where it is..... One the first disc go to sceen selections, then go to the last sceen (if memory serves me, it is the rabbit stew sceen) then press your arrow button down once more, It should highlight a ring, Press enter and tadaaa there is the easter egg! smile

Aurora
And as for the TTT or FotR not being good..... I actually laughed at the assumtion. IMAO FOTR was better than TTT, but if a film can be "less than perfect" and still be one of the best films ever made. That is an accomplishment in it's self!!!

Lord Soth
FotR and TT are better than each other on different level, because the change of style was so drastic, it's not easy to compare

queen_arwen_eve
Hi everyone! Firstly, both FOTR and TTT absolutely ROCKED and I have no idea why anyone thinks TTT isn't as good as the first movie...Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows if you can get the "Easter Eggs" on Region 4 DVDs...

manny321
me its ttt, fotr. I liked the two towers becuase of all the figbting. TO WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah! Rotk is going to be triple times better then these two. I can't what to see the wide shot of plennor fields and cry out where waldo???

badkittykitty
I couldnt find the easter egg sad but i think the dvd is way better than the fellowship..I love them both but find my self watching ttt over and over again!

Furiae
IMO, The Two Towers Extended with Boramir's back story makes him a completely different character when I rewatch Fellowship. I think that sequence is the most important that has been removed from either movie...

Both RULE!

samhain
Where is the easter egg on the region 2 dvd? I know where it is on the region 1 disc, but I live in england!

Freddy_vs_Jason
i heard u guys got the extended version in novemeber!? we got it months ago in new zealand!!

edwinian
what are you talking about....ALL EEs came out in November...the Theatrical came out in August..are you maybe confused with that?

anyways...I watched the cast commentary again over the Holidays. Its pretty funny and definately adds a lot to the movie with hearing the cast talk about filming certain moments, etc.

Freddy_vs_Jason
im sorry for you.......

Lord Soth
What do you mean by that?

neo2
Spoilers of LOTR: twp towers extended edition......
i loved it completely......so much better than the the theatrical version.....i especially loved when the urak-kai ran into the forest and were killed by the ents....and the humor between merry/pippin and legolas/gimli was spectacular

Diz
I think TTT was wicked and the extended edition was even better. the best part about it was the final tally between Legolas and Gimli, they are a great comedey duo.
TTT is more funny, it has fqab fight scenes and Orlando,Viggo and Elijah
looked hotter t6hen in FOTR.
However I respect others opinions, but basically u suck a good movies.

Lobo
Agreed. TTT is a great film made even better by the Extended Edition.
To anyone who likes FOTR better, that's cool. I like TTT better but I still love FOTR too.

ladygrim
im sorry but the fellowship now looking bak it at seems abit boring... iThe Two Towers i the best of the trilogy to me ..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.