Eowyn and Faramir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ariadne
I just heard that the whole Houses of Healing Eowyn and Faramir romance has been left out of RotK! I would die if they did that. Anyone else know anything about it?

ilvorlandobloom
no way, it cant be left out or i'll die! (or just kill someone)

Exa
whatwhatWHAT? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That cant be! That's not possible! They HAVE to do that scene!!!
*cries* mad mad

BingaBonga
i think it IS true.. it's sad

fini
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHH

BingaBonga
*cries* it's so romantic...http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cry.gif sad

Ariadne
It makes me so sad. Eowyn is so cool. And Faramir too (except for a long while in the movie). I mean, Arwen is barely in the books and they give her this huge role and almost completely forget about Eowyn except making her some girl with a crush on Aragon. They don't even give her the chance to surprise everyone with her and Dernhelm and the battle. Very sad.

BingaBonga
but they do make aragorn have feelings toward her during the movie... the hug when they won at helm's deep, priceless... and i wish i was in his arms.... love

ilvorlandobloom
yep, its official. the houses of healing arent in the movie. god, that makes me so mad. yeah, im real pissed about it. that was so f***ing romantic when they kissed! I BLOODY WANNA SEE THAT IN THE GODDAMN MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

badkittykitty
cant wait for the dvd now..more than the actual theater release..sheesh I cant believe this!

Hypernova
I think we should wait to see how PJ and his crew's take on the Faramir and Eowyn romance... I'm still getting over the fact I am starting to like MO's potrayal or Eowyn... those EE scenes were cool!

Kitoky
Well maybe Eowyn would be the one that saves Faramir from the enemy, I can't remember what, but my head is all bloack up and I can't think.

muse5
dude me too!!!!! i was so mad when i read that that was getting cut out of the movie!!!!! that was such a beautiful scene in the book, god and they really don't give eowyn a good ending! this is sad

sauron
erm in his arms after the battle, when he is sweaty, bloody, tears, you better not be in your good dress

and i think it has been left out

iwannarapeorli
I was so angry that the Eowyn/Faramir romance isnt in the movie...it is by far the most beautifly written romance i have ever read...I sooo wish they had that scene...i woulda killed to see Eowyn and Faramir kiss atop the House of Healing....but they kind of insinuate that there's something going on between them at the end of the movie when they are together during the ceremony at the end of ROTK

Ariadne
Even though I knew that Eowyn and Faramir wouldn't be together in the movie, I still thought that they would have Aragorn healing them and Merry, especially because I saw a picture of Aragorn and Eowyn. I was really surprised when it just completely skipped that part.

Exa
Will be on the Special Extended

Heeeeey PJ is crazy just lets Eowyn lie half-dead on Pelennor and doesnt make anyone find her just forgets her and also-half-dead Faramir... at least merry is found by pip...

BingaBonga
oh come on, that's not even the point. There was some spark of romance there, and that's what made it special.

Verity
It may be in the EE....There is word of different endings on the dvd! I did miss that, but he couldn't have fit it all in there! It was cool how they were smiling next to eachother though! wink

LilySatine
That was definately a dissapointment. I was really looking forward to it sad

But at Aragorn's corenation, you can see a small smark between the two of them. Better than nothing I suppose roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hoping it'll be in the EE big grin

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, at least they showed them standing together. i guess that counts as something

ilvorlandobloom
i cant wait for the ROTK EE DVD!!!

Seraph
pj edited lotr that hard that it will be a joy (it is anyway) to watch the extended edition. i think it will be better than the ttt-ee.
some of the most heroic (and romantic) scenes were missing.
so in the ee there will be a scene, when aragorn is in the houses of healing and rescues eowyn and faramir.
(...rescues... is that right? or ...heals...??)

badkittykitty
the houses of healing should have been in there..and pj could have cut most of the super long ending off and added that to the dvd instead

muse5
bad kitty, i totally agree... the houses of healing was an uberimportant part, in my opinion, i wish a guy would chase after me like that... I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE EE OF ROTK!!!!! well on the bright side, when eowyn and faramir are standing next to each other, the do look at each other and she gives him a loveish look, did anyone else notice that?

Verity
Yeah I noticed that! It's all going to be in the EE. Calm down everyone!

fini
lol cool sig LilySatine

FreddieFreeload
Precisely. You kinda feel like you only get to see half the movie in the cinemas. Somehow, somewhere deep in my soul I feel ripped off.

And in a couple of years Peter Jackon is probably going to do a special directors cut box-set with 5 hours for each part of the trilogy.

Fire
well Tolkien his ending of LOTR is even longer, it wouldn't have done much justice to the book to give the movie a very fast ending

also I heard from certain not-read-the-book fans that the movie was already complex enough, I think adding the house of healing, with aragorn as the healing king and all that stuff would only make it more confusing

after all this was a movie for the big public, that always matters

nemo
i disagree, it's more confusing to have arwen scenes, ppl would be wondering why she was dying. you guys keep saying the story should have romance and this is one juicy romance. and i think peter jackson didn't do justice to eowyn. the impact she should have when she kills the witchking is just not there in the movie, maybe because he reveals her too soon.
and then to just skip it to the corenation of aragorn to show that she and faramir had developed a relationship is just not enough.
and then he spent a lot of time trying to show what a sacrafice it would be for arwen to give up imortality, it seems to me to go overboard.
and merry's relationship with theoden too is not very clear. a scene in the night with them talking would have been good. instead of one with eomer making fun of him.

chuck_freak
Hey, Hey, Eomer didn't make fun of Merry- he was inwordly concerned.

But, anyhoo, the missing important scenes are going to be in the Extended Edition. wink don't worry people. PJ prolly has the Faramir and Eowyn scene, and *if we're lucky* an extended killing of the witch king. that would be cool.... but, PJ didn't write the the whole script- he just did his best with what he had, when they took out things or embellished certain charecters *Arwen* they were just trying to make it so the general public would like it. not everyone likes LOTR- sadly. I for one, think that the films were done better than anyone could have done them- PJ once said that someone who did LOTR would have to have a very good understanding of special effects- if a directer who did everything special effects-- it would look so fake! I'm happy that everything looked real, things freaked me out, made me cry, and made me happy. smile

ps. it IS a big thing to lose immortality. she was giving up her *life's grace* to Aargorn-------for love. thats a huge sacrafice. it doesn't sound like it but she was holding her immortal beauty and her immortal love in both hands, diciding which to give up.

pps. Eowyn did spend most of her time having a crush on Aargorn- but it didn't make her appear stupid or anything- it made her appear---human. like she had feelings, crushes--- she felt a cage, and Aargorn basically said hey, if you feel a cage, break out of it- fight it. that deserves love- even if she overdid it.

KingOfGondor292
It is a dissapointment. I was looking forward to it too! sad I think its in the EE thosmile

muse5
i read in newsweek that the houses of the healing will be on the dvd, i hope so or i'll be pissed off for like a year, btw, nice keanu collection

fini
hmmm the house of healing has to be in the EE, its a really important display of emotiona nd the skill of the king.

and lol how can you people complain about the ending being toooo long, especially after the hallabaloo about the ommision of the scouring of the shire.

lil_diva
Eowyn is such a great character! I hate Arwen.......n everything about her.............Liv is nice but i dont like both of them. In the book Eowyn and Faramir have a huge romance scene but the movie leaves them out. Instead they put a huge part with Aragon and Arwen even though Arwen barely comes out in the book.

Suzuka
Yes, I can't wait till it's in the EE, cause i had to explain to my friends at the end when you see Eyown and Faramir "oh, they get married" it was weird...and Merry doens't go to the last battle, but oh well..SPOILER BELOW

They didn't show Eomer finding Theoden, it's like "oh, he died" and then you totally forget about him!! I dind't like that part....the scene was even in a trailor, grr....oh well, EE!!! "_"

Kitoky
Read the books people! That'll help you fill your dire needs. smile

fini
yea!!!!!!!!!!!!11 someone ELSE said to read the book, lol i thought i was the only person who kept doing that

Kitoky
I think I just got stuck up with some people ranting on about wha wah PJ didn't show the Eowyn/Faramir relation that I keep hearing about, and blah blah, JUST READ THE BOOKS PEOPLE.

BingaBonga
I guess some people just can't sit down and read books like Lord of the Rings. Maybe, the movies are interesting, but you know, Fantasy can be very hard to read.

Aurora
I can see how it could be hard to grasp. The characters and story lines are very fantastic and exagerated. That is part of the glory of it , but it also can be hard to grasp.

Kitoky
But still....atleast attempt to rread the books.

Suzuka
I have smile 6 times each, except RoTK only 5 times

Kitoky
I 'read' FotR about...4 or 5 times, TT about 4, and RotK about 6

muse5
hey, you know what, if i can read this freakin 'classical american novels' this year in my english class, and trust me, these are DENSE, then anyone can read lord of the rings, I have the attention span of a fly and i managed to read them, hell i read rotk in a week,

whiteladyithili
I also am quite pissed at the fact that Eowyn and Faramir's beautiful romance was cut out of the movie. It was such an important part to the development of eowyn's character, and a huge moment of self-realization. And i'm pissed at PJ's corruption of Faramir's Character. But it was cool to see my favorite literary character standing with her man at the end of RotK.

Fëanor
ooh...another white lady

Leggy_n_Merry
Yes but the only reason why they made Faramir like that is because all the stuff at the end with Shelob's lair and all that which was in TTT (book) was put into ROTK (film) so they said something had to happen with Frodo and Sam in TTT (film) otherwise it'd be boring or whatever (all explained in TTT EE big grin lol as I can't explain it very well haha)

muse5
ah, who cares if he's boring, i luved faramir in the books, i was happy to see them standing next to each other too, any news on the ee scenes together?

ilvorlandobloom
i love your sig, Muse5, i hope that part is in the ee! it like my favorite part in the book!

muse5
omg!! i'll be depressed for ever if its not!!

muse5
thanks btw, i usually don't get a comment on that, i usually get if for the hercules quote... ilvorli is COOL

ilvorlandobloom
aw, thanks... big grin
the Eowyn/Faramir love story is so much better than the Arwen/Aragorn one. cuz its actually in the book! the book, not appendages...
i love that part in ur sig so much, whenever i read it i go "Aaaawwww, i love that part! its so sweet!"

Joffy
I think the actual wedding will be in the EE DVD. I hope so. I loved the Eowyn/Faramir relationship. smile

muse5
omg me too, i loved that SOOO much more than the aragorn/arwen love story also, i'm such a romantic... it's kinda scary, i hope the wedding is in the ee, i can't wait, it's so beautiful

shadowy_blue
As huge of a Faramir/Eowyn fan as I am..I don't want to be pessimistic but this is very hard. sad I don't want to expect so highly because I would just be disappointed probably..sad Up to now we still don't hear any news about "The Scene"...while we have heard bunch about the others. sad It's joyful and all to know that it was filmed..but would they even put it in? It will be a huge mistake if they didn't..but then again..is PJ here? sad

Smodden
yeah you do..its a Noldor thing..wink

kitwink

shadowy_blue
LOL..I've read that..I bursted out laughing..laughing

Joffy
(THINK BRAIN THINK!!!) 'Ang on.....I'm trying to remember where I heard this....BUT...PJ was wanting to put the whole scenes in, especially Houses of Healing.....if he doesn't....well, I'll give him a Troll poke.

Kitoky
I'm confused...

I have a shirt that says that...

On the front it says "I'm pessimistic" and on the back it's "It's a Noldor thing."

s-b you want me to post some pictures of E & F at the coronation, I've got some high-res pics.

Kitoky
Here's a little something.....

shadowy_blue
Kit..don't do this to me....

*dies*

*resurrects*

*sees the picture again...dies*

Then again, you could...big grin Bring them all on!! I don't care if I die or not!! Thanks! big grin embarrasment

Smodden
why must new line torture us by waiting soooooo looong for the EE DVD?

Fëanor
because my son, a wise and ancient chinese master onced quipped this proverb:

patience is like a caterpillar...if you wait long enough in the end you will be rewarded with a beautiful butterfly... stick out tongue

tassie
and if you wait tooo long, the caterpillar might die

And, i like the caption on the pic big grin

Fëanor
or the caterpillar you were looking at was actually a worm and you were too drunk on rice wine to notice... stick out tongue

tassie
and then you NEVER end up with your butterfly sad

Fëanor
...but with one bang up hangover that won'g go away and some fat bald asian guy quoting proverbs to you all day...

Smodden
God! fea what movie is that from?...driving me crazy...

I'd rather give the caterpilar some growth genes and make it morph faster...

ahhh...science big grin

tassie
oh my god, is that what I've become?? messed stick out tongue

*goes off to find more caterpillars*

Fëanor
stick out tongue ...but back to the topic at hand

my one regret is they didn't have more of a scene with Eowyn love and Faramir' character as they did in the book....

Kitoky
Let's see here..

Kitoky
All are actually very similar

Kitoky
I have more I just don't want to mass post

someone post!

tassie
they're such a perfect couple love

Kitoky
dada

Smodden
plz more kit....mass all you want i don't carelove

Kitoky
lala

Kitoky
and..

Kitoky
2 more...

Kitoky
last one

shadowy_blue
*saves...saves....saves...saves....saves...saves...saves....saves...*

Kit!! You rock!! Thanks!! big grin

E/F love

Kitoky
Anytime! smile

Smodden
thanks kit

Darnit! missed s-b again!

sad

shadowy_blue
huh? confused

Smodden
missed you as in we weren't on at the same time...

i just came on and you were not on...wink

shadowy_blue
LOL..I'm almost always here..I'm just on invisible mode. stick out tongue I was actually here when you posted that. smile

Smodden
embarrasment

ok hand it over....you know the ring your always wearing....give it here...
i'm not trying to rob you...

shadowy_blue
You're trying to help me? LOL..stick out tongue

Sorry..(just to get back on topic..*eherm*) this ring was given to me by Faramir. love

*eherm* shameless...forget what I said..stick out tongue

Anyway, let's get back on topic. smile

My source told me some news about the E/F scenes to be in the EE. And they seem to be very hopeful...so I'm being very optimistic and happy right now. love

Smodden
sourse...?..hmm...

share your news...!!!plz more than 5 second scenes...???

shadowy_blue
LOL..just let me kinda ask. You're an E/F fan too? smile

Anyway, about the news..yes..more than 5 seconds. Unfortunately for others *but for me I was kinda happy about it*..their first meeting wouldn't be canon-like where Faramir and Eowyn first met in the garden because of Eowyn's stubbornness to go to battle. In the script, Eowyn tends to a wounded Faramir before they actually meet. She is healed first. In fact, it's rather like a trauma scene--everyone's in a hurry to fix Eowyn, but Faramir is sort of "the guy in the coma" in the back room.

After this, I'm zipping my lip. I mean it.

Aragorn is hanging out by Faramir's bedside, tending to him after Eowyn is healed. Eowyn wanders in, and Aragorn is all "you should be resting." He's uncomfortable about her feelings for him and how he treated her, and he leaves for another scene with Gandalf.

Eowyn stays behind, upset about Aragorn, and tends absently to Faramir. Faramir comes in and out of consciousness a little (I can't remember, but I think he's already "healed" and recovering at this point).

After that scene, there are some following romantic scenes of course.

The audition script and the rough draft I have have been about 75% accurate so far. Mostly the inaccuracies come with skimmed dialog.

Anyway. I'm done. Don't ask me. It's all probably changed in the final version, anyway. *ducks* smile

Note though, those are what in the script, as I've been saying all these time..their scenes are in the script and they were actually filmed, but it's still not an assurance that they will put them in..that's why I'm still both optimistic and pessimistic right now. We still haven't heard any confirmations. Even about the pics, they're too tight. All we saw is Aragorn healing Faramir. I don't want this to end up in the cutting-room floor. sad

muse5
OMGOMGOMG!!!
dies
goes to heaven
drinks alot of diet coke
gets kicked out
comes back to earth
POST MORE!!!! AAAHHH i don't care if it isn't like the book, they still have scenes together and they are more than 5 seconds Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Kitoky
'Ere's a little something smile

Smodden
kit, are you TRYING to kill me?!!??!!
cause ur doin' a good job!

Kitoky
Kewl cool rock

ilvorlandobloom
oh, i love that pic! its so cute!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.