Something Small in Book 2=Something Big in the end

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RossGill
J.K. Rowling said that something small and seemingly unimportant in in Chamber of Secrets would become very big in the sixth and seventh book. What do you think this is, discuss.

Tonks
hey what in the heck are you talking about? I have know I dea of what it would be! maybe it is something to do with tom riddle? well we will ahve to see wont we.
-Tonks-

iluvharrypotter
I think that it would be something to do with Tom Riddle. Maybe about the similarities?

Deadalus
Lockhart regains his memory? Dobby?

airangel429
Harry saving Ginny..... something to do with Tom Riddle's past...... maybe we learn more about it..???? The snake.........?? we know in book 4 that Lord V had another Bassilisk when he was in the Riddle's House...???

frootlooplucy
maybe to do with harry speaking paresl tongue or whatever its called.

charmaine
i think its to do with tom riddle and harry being a parselmouth

sanoschicky69
something with snakes or spiders.... smile shifty shifty shifty shifty shifty shifty

BOPRecruit 16
i agree with iluvharrypotter. she should talk more about that. i found that so cool and wanted to know what else the two had in common.

ladyblueyes
WHAT ABOUT THE CAR!!!! Mr. Weasly's car!

airangel429
I think it had to do with Tom Riddle being the last decendent of Salazar Slytherin..........

Or maybe the part about a true Gryffindor could have pulled the sword out of the hat............maybe we find out that Harry is the heir....or maybe someone in his family was.........

Or maybe the fact that Lily came from muggle born parents....maybe there's alot of magic line in her past...from before her parents were born.

airangel429
OR MAYBE........it has to do with what's in Malfoy's basement...THERE WAS ONLY A SMALL section in the book that actually talked about it...... I wonder if they are goign to raid his house now.???? It was at the beginning of book 2.....and only for a second down in knockturn alley at that shop harry had ended up in.........

anderson_2k4
well i think its to do with harrys hormones. ya see the in the 5th book hes starting to fancy girls and at the end of the 2nd book you'll notice that hermione runs upto harry hugging him and everything but when it comes to hermoine hugging ron she just shakes his hand. i think hermione fancys harry and its gonig to be summat about them 2 Happy Dance just a thought but i think it could be

airangel429
NO..JKR has said that Ron/Hermy like each other and Ginny does still like Harry...there's alot of forshadowing though.

So we know it couldn't be that. Hrm......... I think it has something to do with Lily's background........could be..who knows...there's loads of thigns in the book that it could really be........maybe Ginny and Harry will FINALLY get together.......

anderson_2k4
i cant see ginny and harry getting together but i can see cho and harry i think they could go well together really. i loved the parts with them 2 in the 5th book it really added a change

LilyGinnyBlack
I thought that JK said on the CoS DVD that something important will come into play in the Chamber of Secrets scene! So that means that it is from the movie and that it was only in the chamber! I was thinking and if a clue for what will happen next is in the CoS movie and in the chamber scene, then it could be the parts when Harry holds Ginny's hand 'cause if you remember from the books, Harry shakes Ginny, he doesn't hold her hand. . .twice! big grin

Or it could be the order in which things happened in the chamber scene. In the book Harry gets stabbed by the Basilisk, gets healed by Fawks, kills the Basilisk, stabs the fang through Tom Riddle's diary killing off Tom Riddle's memory, and then finally Ginny wakes up. Yet in the movie the scene in the chamber goes. Harry gets stabbed, kills the Basilisk, Ginny wakes up, she sees him hurt and starts to feel really bad, Fawks comes and heals Harry, Harry stabs the fang through Tom Riddles diary killing the memory of Tom Riddle. That may also be something. . . you never know. . . big grin

Also Cho and Harry will NEVER get back together!!!!!! Harry dating Cho was part of his old life, when Sirius was still alive. . .http://http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/bawling.gif

All the 'clues' or 'hints' that were in the chamber scene in CoS are for Harry and Ginny getting together. http://http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/angel_not.gif

thelotrlovr15
maybe it can be something small.... like since lord v has a basilisk... harry can kill it with the cry of a rooster...

and harry and ginny will get together...

and why did lord v keep on saying that harry was half-blood when both his parents were attending hogwarts?

lord v's dad was a muggle.... his mum was a witch...

harry's parents both went to hogwarts... it says so in OotP in chapter " Sanpe's worse memory"

airangel429
I agree with the Ginny parts.....b/c somewhere she said that "the hero will hold hands with a little girl" this came from another forum I am a part of.

Also.........IT COULD BE WITH THE SWORD!!! The sword was a small part in the movie...BUT A BIG ONE@@!!! And the snake too...we know lord v has a bassilsk.

but I think it will be Ginny..........THERE'S ALL KINDS OF SIGNS THAT POINT TO THEM BEING TOGETHER!! love smile

LilyGinnyBlack
Yes, I also thought of the sword pointing toward Harry being the heir of Gryffindor. . . but it could have another purpose. . . but that goes along with another theory of mine. . . stick out tongue

airangel429
which theory is this LilyGinnyBlack? I am curious... big grin

LilyEvensPotter
I agree that the sword signifies the Heir of G. Gryffindor. I also wonder whether there is any significance to the fact that the potters hid in Godrich's Hallow.... hmmmm?
Love, lily

crazy_c
pie?

Laviera_j
wHAT ABOUT THE TOOTH HE GOT STUCK IN HIS ARM??? MAYBE ITS THAT...

The Omega

Member.
um...huh...

LilyGinnyBlack
My other theory that goes along with the sword is that in the end, the finally battle between Harry and Voldemort will be in the Chamber of Secrets. Were Harry first came to realize just how similar he and Tom Riddle were. So, Harry ends up defeating Voldemort with Gryffindor's sword, yet he is not the heir of Gryffindor. Though the sword just shows how, though Harry and Tom may be alike, are two totally different people craving and wanting two entirely different things. For, the sword in CoS had been the light at the end of the tunnel for Harry in a way, it reasurred him that he was NOT like Tom Riddle/Voldemort.

Yet, I think that Harry being the heir of Slytherin is very possible to! Think about, JK is always leading us off down one path and then coming to a fork in the road and choosing the other! She is always veering us off of the path! big grin The sword could show Harry that even though he is the heir of Slytherin he is not evil but good and that he was never, is never, and will never be like Voldemort though they may have the same blood running through their veins! That all in all he is a true Gryffindor at heart and finally found his place! smile

Oh, and about the scenes in the Chamber of Secrets, I switched the two around by accident, I mixed them up! embarrasment

AccioOliverWood
I personally think that it's the thing about Baslisks....in the book that Hermione gets the page from it says something along the lines of: only the crow of the rooster can kill it. This would mean that the baslisk is still alive in the chamber with a huge hole in it's head huh

<3 Katie

LilyGinnyBlack
It didn't say ONLY the crow of the rooster could kill it! It said that the crow of the rooster could kill it! That means that it could die another way too, but that would be something wouldn't it! Harry having to face the baslisk all over again! eek! Though, I don't think so. . . no

america_boxers
heres what i think...i think the sorting hat will play an important role...there cant be only g. gryfindors sword in there h. hufflepuff and r. ravenclaw and s. slytherin must have put something in there too...and lord v. could want s. slitherins dealio in there for some reason...or i think harry could be g. gryfindors heir and we learn that g. grifindor and s. slytherin fought and one died and know a millenia latter there heirs are continueing the fight...i just came up with that but i think it would be cool...

Deadalus
OK, First, maybe I'm wrong, but how big is a basilisk? Relativley large. Where did we learn the Lord V. had one? You may be saying book four. Where does it say "The snake is a basilisk"? There might be different types of magical snakes, you never know.

iluvharrypotter
It WAS NOT a basilisk becasue Harry looked into it's eyes and so did the old man (I forgot his name!) in the beginning of the book. So it couldn't be.

iluvharrypotter
How did anyone find out that she said something in the 2nd book anyway? i was just wondering...

BabyT
I wonder what was so small in book 2 could be so important in book 6/7

bLooMiLiCioUs
yeah so m i...

IBTonks
no i don't think it will be about that caus she says it's a small and UNIMPORTANT part of the book, and to me, the similarities between harry and voldemort are pretty big!!! but i do think that will be elaborated on in later books, it's just not what JK was talking about.

IBTonks
OK, see if n e one can relate my theory to anything small and unimportant in the second book, caus i can't think of n e thin which therefore suggests my theory is completely wrong!!!!!....

Remember when dumbledore told harry that he thought that voldemort had transferred some of his power to harry on the night that he tried to kill him?? well what if his power is his strength, meaning that some of his strength lies within harry and therefore whilst harry is alive, so is voldemort. This means that the only way to finish voldemort off is for harry to kill himself. Get me?

IBTonks
ooh, ooh , ooh!! what if its to do with when harry saw draco and lucius in the shop in knockturn alley?? caus not too much was said about that afterwards...the trio just put it down to lucius not wanting to be caught with dark magic stuff and then forgot bout the whole thing

leah11
thats an idea. that was a small part that had no point and was never brought up again, but i just dont c how that could b important. Unless it has something 2 do with that place lucius keeps his poisons. Or if it has something 2 do with Borgin.

KarenEiko
Wow, good thoughts here. I'm clueless actually. Maybe harry will take another trip to knockturn alley. Braaa

frootlooplucy
Ginny

bLooMiLiCioUs
what's with ginny?

frootlooplucy
she was something small in Chamber.

LilyGinnyBlack
Lol! Then she played a bigger role in OotP and in the fifth book will repay her debt to Harry and be important! Oh, and also be his girlfriend! big grin love

frootlooplucy
exactly!! love stick out tongue

LilyGinnyBlack
Oh, and in my earlier post I ment to put seventh book, not fifth book! :P

ada
HIYA MY NAMES ADA! PLEASE DNT SAY THAT HARRY AND CHO WONT GET BACK 2GETHER! I REALLY HOPE THEY WILL!! I AGREE WITH ILUVHARRYPOTTER, I THINK VOLDEMORTS AND HARRYS SIMILARITIES R REALLY SIGNIFICANT X

Smart Hermione
Ada no need to shout and Harry and Cho are OVER! Anyway this has nothing to do with book two stuff but in book five remember that Evans kid is mentioned? Could he be Harry's cousin....Lily Evans........get me?

LilyGinnyBlack
Actually Smart Hermione, this thread DOES have to do with book two stuff and not book five... oh, and I agree Harry/Cho is OVER! big grin

bLooMiLiCioUs
harry and cho are definitely over,thnk goodness.harry deserves better than that blubbing idiot.

Hermy_and_Ginny
Look im also known as Smart Hermione..ok all i was doing was asking a question ...sorry

bLooMiLiCioUs
sorry i din mean to be rude or anyth,I juz dun like cho.evidently. wink

LilyGinnyBlack
Oh, and I wasn't trying to be rude... I was just playing around! big grin :P

bLooMiLiCioUs
i can't wait for the 3rd movie and the 6th bk tho!!!!

IBTonks
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG......i had a brain wave whilst watching the second film earlier (it is a scene which occurs in the book!!) You know just after the scene where harry talks to the snake at the dueling club, where harry, ron and hermione are talkin about him being a parselmouth? well.....hermione sais, that harry could be slytherins "great great great grandson or something" and then "for all we know, you could be" and at that point you think....woah, she may be right, it seems fairly important doesn't it!! SO......y has JK not mentioned it since? It just kinda got forgotten about.....but it seems like the sort of topic that would have had more discussion! so maybe thats what JK was talking about.....it has to be of some significance!

bLooMiLiCioUs
hmm....does herm say tt in the bk too?

Kristina
Hermione says that in the book. Yeah, I think that could be a point. And if you think about the prophecy, there must be a hint why HARRY has the power to destroy Voldemort. I mean, there must be something special with Harry that the prophecy is about him. I don't think Harry's the heir of Slytherin. If he was, then he would have been able to control the Basilisk. But as far as we know he could be the heir of Gryffindor or the heir of all FOUR houses.

Kristina
Oh another point:
What do you think about Mundungus Fletcher being a spy?! He's already mentioned in the 2nd, he wanted to curse Arthur Weasley when he turned his back to Mundungus. And was it really coincidence that he skipped his duty in Privet Drive?!
I mean, in the original Order was a spy, Wormtail, and I think it would make the story more exciting if there was a spy in the current Order. And I can't think of another reason of mentioning Mundungus that early if he isn't important.

PS: Please excuse my mistakes...English is not my best subject at school....

IBTonks
i get wot u mean, and think that its possible!

belldandy
i hope u get this... my ehglish is not the best either...
about harry and voldemort.. or tom riddle... we know ( i dont remember were is it) that voldemort was going directly to kill harry, and that he only killed his parents because they where in the middle... so, if tom or voldemort (what ever) is the last and true heir of slytherin, and there are ideas that harry is too (or something like that) wouldnt be that one of the reasons why he wanted to kill him??

maybe im wrong... sorry but i havent read the 5th book yet... embarrasment

belldandy
so i dont know if it says something in the OoP

Kristina
Yeah, I reckon that could be a reason for Voldmort to kill Harry, but remember: In the 2nd Tom Riddle says that only the heir of Slytherin has control over the Basilisk and Harry couldn't control the Basilisk. So he can't be Slytherin's heir, can he?! And in the 5th there's an explanation why Voldy wanted to kill Harry....we get really important information...

IBTonks
ooooh! theres an idea! i totally get ya, and think it's plausable! but then the prophecy does really tell us thatthe reason that voldemort wants to kill harry is caus he's the only one wiv enough power to destroy him! so it may have nothing to do with the fact that harry is the possible heir.

airangel429
Well......for this topic most of you have probably heard that there is supposedly something SMALL in book 2 that would lead to something HUGE that would come out towards the end of the series.

#1.
MOST of us...including myself....have thought that this something small would be that Harry was holding Ginny's hand in the Chamber of Secrets....and that in the end they would be together...possibly a wedding or something...that would also make Harry officially a Weasley.

I still believe that.

However, there's something that has JUST come to my mind. In book 2 Lucious was talking with the shop keeper about Voldemort items and other dark magic things in his basement.......... WHAT if he has a huge plot of thing going on in his basement....what if he is going to unleash something terrible???

THESE ARE JUST THEORIES........WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK???? DO YOU AGREE WITH EITHER ONE...OR DO YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT THEORY OF WHAT SMALL THING WAS IN BOOK 2 THAT WILL BE BIGGER LATER.

airangel429
ANY COMMENTS???

Linkalicious
I think Harry and Ginny won't pan out. I think Harry will be with Luna and Ginny will end up with Neville. But interesting thought about Malfoy's basement. Perhaps it's not the last time we've seen Gilderoy Lockheart

Kristina
I really like the thought of Harry and Luna ending married ;-) ! The basement story is also interesting, but as far as Lucius is in prison, it wouldn't bring him far...
Maybe the similiarities between Harry and Tom Riddle aka Voldy could be important?! You know, Tom mentioned it in the Champer... both Half-bloods, both without parents, both black-haired etc. Dumbledore also guessed that Voldy chose Harry and not Neville because of their similiarities.... What do you think?!

Antaraka
Could be to many things...there are so many little things in every book, that could be given twists and well made HUGE. anyway, dat all

IBTonks
k....1. hryy wudn't be a weasly if he were to marry ginny, it wud be ginny that wud be a potter! :P and 2. i've thought before noe (and mentioned this on a thread v similar to this) that it might have something to do with when they found out that harry was a parsel mouth.......they said that he cud be related to slytherin in some way "you could be his great, great grandson or something"(Ron) "for all we know, you could be" (Hermione) but this hasn't been mentioned since....that was the one and only scene that it was mentioned in, then it was burried and never heard of again, so maybe that could be it! caus it was small and seemingly unimportant caus they didn't make a fuss over it.
What do u think?

Laviera_j
I think maybe the fact that Harry was bitten by the basalisk will be important.

xxx

iluvharrypotter
I agree with the Lusius' basement theory.

frootlooplucy
I think theyre all plausible... Im hoping it will be Ginny thoughbig grin

airangel429
I am hoping for Ginny too.......Luna is a NO GO....they might date.....but I really think JK will kill her off......I do...b/c she's a new character and we like her. Ginny and Harry have a past and friends and FAMILY ties...b/c Harry is already considered a surragont son by Mrs. Weasley....and IF they did get married then he WOULD be a part of the weasley family and SHE would be part of the Potter family.

I say this b/c I am married and my husband is just as much a part of my family as I am his. big grin

jennyanderson
Wow Airangel your already married, thats so romantic, I never knew that. Anyway I like the Harry and Ginny getting together it's just sooooooooo romantic, and I also think you'v got a point about the Malfoy's basement thing.

PS: I checked you out just right now, your only 20 years old, what prompted you to get married so earley? Just curious though.

airangel429
actually I am 23 big grin! I just got married this past March. Not even a year yet...big grin

Yeah...Ginny and Harry is a good match.

Linkalicious
not to contradict u air angel. But what gives Ginny any more chance with Harry that Luna? In ANY of the potter books has Ginny ever sat down and had a heart to heart with Harry? Luna digs Harry big time even though she goe around singing "weasley for king." It seems like the roll has been reversed in this scenario. Instead of the guy being nervous around the girl, the girl is nervous around the guy

andyb44
I'd buy the Malfoy thing if it weren't for the fact that Ron said he tell his father about the secret stash in the Malfoy's basement...unless he forgot rescuing Ginny and all.
I know what it is.
Harry and Voldemort are dueling in the Forest, and Mr Weasley's Ford Anglia come roaring out of the trees and blindsides Voldemort just before he has a chance to kill Harry, crushing the evil wizard beneath it's tires! That's How Voldy dies, ina car crash, it also ties in with how the Dursleys said The Potters were killed in book one!!! wink

unibrow
It actually does mention about harrys abilities to speak parselmouth. Close to the end when harry speaks to dumbledore about his and riddles similarities he mentions that they can both speak parseltongue and dumbledore tells him the only reason he can is bcuz when voldemort cursed him that infamous halloween night he transferred some of his powers to harry therefore enabling him to speak and understand parseltongue so i doubt hes related to salazar slytherin...i was thinking more along the lines of godric gryffindor ya know?

frootlooplucy
laughing out loud thats so cool... I would laugh so much if that happened laughing out loud laughing out loud

Mirage
You can never be sure what JK is going to pull out on you so i ain't even gonna try!

airangel429
Well Harry and Ginny have a past and there are lots of clues in other books that point towards Ginny and Harry. AND Ron now has told Harry that he has his approval for his sister...........being that he told his sister to choose someone better next time and pushed the chess pon towards Harry...AND this was towards the end of the book. JKR left us off with that as opposed to anything haveing to do with Luna. big grin

VengeanceGOD
She has, kinda. In book five, the whole "you should've come to me about the possession thing you dork!" chat. Harry (along with the rest of us) did gain a lot of respect for Ginny after that book, and Harry/Ginny would be fine with me. So would Ron/Hermione. So would Luna getting killed off.

airangel429
i think Luna will get killed off too...HOWEVER i do like her character big grin

VengeanceGOD
I dunno, I didn't like her very much as a possible continuing character. I thought she was very good for the plot device needed in Pheonix.

Kristina
I like her! I want to hear more about her and as she's already mentioned in book 4 I'm sure I will.

airangel429
yeah i am sure she has a HUGE part coming up in the story...but i still think she'll die

Linkalicious
I think if Harry ends up being able to still contact Sirus, Luna will have a hand in helping Harry learn how to communicate with him. Sorry not the most gramatically correct sentence but you get the point

Kristina
You're probably right...
But I don't like the idea of Harry being able to contact a dead person!
Of course I want Sirius back, but if JKR wants to write realistic she shouldn't make it possible for her characters to have little chats to dead persons. If my godfather died I couldn't say "I'm bored, I think I call him and he can tell me what's up in heaven." In normal life death is death and there's NO way to talk to that person again (except all Christians who'll see him in heaven...) If Sirius returns I want him as a man, as a human and forever, not as a ghost or as a voice behind a veil. If JKR wants to make it possible for Harry to talk to Sirius again, she should bring Sirius back and let him say "haha, did you really think I was dead?! I didn't die, I just had to hide because/I was trapped because/I couldn't come back that moment because..."

Linkalicious
yeah i'm not a big believer in my theory about actually being able to talk to sirus again, i was just thinking that IF he could that Luna WOULD PROBABLY have a part in it. But talking to dead people isn't something that happens, even in the world of Harry Potter

andyb44
No, Sirius is dead. And should STAY dead. I liked the character but bringing him back would cheapen the impact of his death. And would teach Harry nothing.
Harry got lucky any number of times, and indeed some of the things he's done happened because of his own actions. The first book is a good example of this.
If Harry hadn't gone to try to "protect" the stone Quirrel/Voldemort wouldn't have been able to get near it in the first place.
Dumbledore's spell had protected beyond anything Harry could do, and his actions could very well have had the result of Voldemort's return.
And in spite of Dumbledore's little speech to Harry, Harry is as much responsible for Sirius's death as Lestrange.
Harry disobeyed Dumbledore.
Sirius's great great grandfather had it right, Harry has never been led into danger by listening to Dumbledore.
Book six and seven should show that Harryhas learned a valuable lesson, that of patience and the realization that his going off half cocked has consequences.

Kristina
How right you are! I also think that Harry will be adult in the following books as he killed Sirius with his "I'm right and you are nothing" - attitude. He hopefully learned his lesson...!
I'm not sure whether Sirius is dead or alive but I'd prefer the death if could chosse between dead and ghost-Sirius. That would really ruin the story! But if JKR could find another convincing way to bring human-Sirius back, I would of course prefer that.

airangel429

airangel429
Well in book 6 we are supposed to find out something very IMPORTANT about Lily....didn't Lord V hesitate to kill her.......it's possible that she is his granddaughter or soemthing.........BECAUSE he too came from a muggle background...she might've been related to his muggle father..which would make sense since we know that Lily is not pureblood...ALSO...why would Petunia's face have gotten so frightened when she too had heard that name....maybe she doesn't want to tell her husband that she is related to the worst wizard ever, because he would surely leave her!!!! Petunia's always seeming like she is hiding from something...............

drkfish04
I am really looking forward to Hermione and Ron finally getting together, as well as Harry and Ginny.

airangel429
{me too big grin}

shanie623
I hope JKR gives importance about Harry saving Ginny smile

airangel429
YES!!!! I think that will come in the last book for some reason........... I hope though it comes in the next book.

squeaky
Maybe Aunt Petunia is a squib.

Candy
i dont think petunia is a squib, i dunno wpouldnt say that... i bekive her pearents were non-magical!

erm... sum1 said anything bout knockturn alley, i am REALLy sure the item lucius wanted to keep for himself will become more important! but i dunno why they cut it out of the film if it will be important.

yeah and we'll find out sumthing bout lily i think...
haha, is just love the Perseus Evans theory =)

Stumister
Does anybody have any idea when the 6th book is coming out? I have just finished the 5th book and can not wait till the 6th comes out! And by the way it will be Harry and Cho in the end because she obviously fancies him and he likes her so the ending will be them too together!

airangel429
Sumister..NOPE..they are SOOOOOOOO over. Harry doesn't like her.

He'll either end up with Ginny or Luna......and if something happens to Ron then I think that Hermoine and Harry might end up together.

Stumister
So your tellin me hes either goin 2 end up with his best friends sister, a crazy girl who just seems to gaze at everthin or he is goin to end up with his other best friend?????????????

I will say one thing it does seem that Ron likes Hermoine and I think they will end up together!!!!!!!!

But he is still attracted 2 Cho and her 2 him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

airangel429
yeah...but he doesn't like her attitude anymore.........plus him and ginny still have a connection.... she will still save him..some how.......

airangel429
i think there is WAY more to Luna too. i don't think she's a nut like everyone thinks...my husband thinks she is though......but i dont. she's just different....like a spontanious/curious person...

Phoenix
I love Luna, I think she's wonderful!

Kristina
No doubt, Hermione + Ron, Harry + Ginny!!!

furious_socks
I LOVE YOU AND THINK YOUR WONDERFFUL.... babey

furious_socks
I LOVE YOU AND THINK YOUR WONDERFFUL.... babeysmile

sauron
ginny loves harry....harrys going to fall for ginny

hary saved ginnys life so she owes him that life link thing so she will die for harry or something confused

the heir of slytherin?

Candy
Go Phoe laughing laughing

I think Hermione will spend her life for saving harry in the end, she was in love withron, but when she died ron will turn to luna and harry will turn to ginny.

harry LIKES ginny!

hhhhr
ooh could harry remove all lord v's bones like lockhart did his?

hhhhr
ah the choices we make? blink wacko

CatKind
I think that Petunia is TOTALLY hiding something...her hatred for the magic world is too intense...her reaction to Lord V's name was my first clue...someone said that there may be a connection with Petunia and Lily's family and Lord V...that's a good thought...

****bump this...good one*****

Stumister
Does anyone know when the nxt movie is out?

*Danii*
4th of June. wink looks good.

Candy
urm yeah yer actually right i forgot that she was scared of voldys name! maybe... if she would be a REAL muggle she wouldnt care, would she?
hm i dunno...
maybe is only cuz she grew up with a witch but i dunno...
probably!!!

airangel429
I agree.....there's definitely something not correct with her. I think we are going to find out that she didn't develop magical abilities in time and that she really is a squib........ Neville BARELY made it into Hogwart's. His uncle had to push him out of the window....... laughing out loud

pixie1
i think ginny & harry. hermy & ron will end up together love

i also think that harry is related to lord v thats possibly another why pettunias blood is so important to harrys well being and why lord v diddnt want to kill lilly and maybe the reason lilly fort so hard against the dark side bcoz lord v killed her relations

Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

airangel429
maybe....but Lord V...HESITATED to kill her........

pixie1
i doubt this as i am writing it...........but...maybe they had a thing???????

airangel429
voldy and lily? na...i was thinking maybe somewhere she was related to him...ON THE MUGGLE SIDE...........

pixie1
maybe but if that was so then lord v would have to have a half brother or sister by his father that is possibly lilly and pettunias grandma or granddad

Rachel Riddle
OMG OMG OMG OMG is the only thing i can say...

ahhh, +burstingwithtension* when does the next book come out???? need it?

lily and voldy? hmm, possible? and what 'bout the whole thing with snape then? lily CAN't possibly be related to all the bad guyz in this book! laughing

pixie1
maybe her and snape were together b4 she got with James thats y she protected him but when she saw him 4 what he was they split up and she got with James ???

Binx
I read an essay that I thought was really good that dealt with this topic. Just keep in mind that it is a theory and be forewarned that it's on a shipping site, so look past that and just read the essay. I'm giving the direct link to the essay below:

http://harmony.portkey.org/theories/veilmystery.php

hhhhr
that could be it

hhhhr
about the candles burning blue; why the candles in the circular room were burinig blue and why everywhere was black??

hhhhr
do you think it has something to do with snape?

accio_brain
Lily and Petunia are not related to Voldemort in any way. JK rowling herself has said this. Lily + Voldemort do not = family. a possible dumbledore evans connection maybe. dumbledore is over a 150 years old, and lily and petunia are between 35 and 40. that is plenty of room for at least 2 generations. i also think that the connection between snape and lily was not romantic, at least on her part. i think she defended snape because she felt that what james did was wrong. hermoine is like that also, (elves, neville). I like the theories about the veil but I dont think that is what is going to happen. Lily, james and sirius cannot come back! no matter how happy harry will be.

eezy45
hope so!
its a cute couple, i think wink

eezy45
well i *dont* like luna, but of course she is important!
a whole chapter with her name? thats sumthin special!

eezy45
omg i hate it when people say hermy&ron will end up...
they dont fit, from my opinion - but it nearly is fact sad

i want harry&hermy and ron&padma laughing

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

////
I Love writing and discussing about Harry Potter!
It's a wonderful world to live in, but IMAGINE...
Sumwhere the septology is going to end, some say there will be a book 8 *hopeso*
wink

hhhhr
would we see spiders again?

shaber
I think it'll be Mr Weasley's flying car, and also that Aragog and the other Acromantula will surface again.

*Georgina_A*
no no!! Hermione and Ron love

GrumpyGrim
I think it is to do with Tom Riddle AKA Voldemort being a half-blood and The fact Harry is a parselmouth. P.S. Nagini isn't a basilisk!

GrumpyGrim
Oh, and with regard to pairings... I think Hermione and Ron will end up together and Harry and Ginny, but that is only because it is fluffy.
I read HP fanfiction and my OTP is Draco/Harry and Ron/Hermione. Just because it seems to fit.

RoguePw25
I think Ron and Hermonie are so bad for each other!

Can't you see it's Harry and Hermonie that belong to each other!
H and H you know?

claidisa_felton
i think mayb lily is related to voldemorts dad...just a random thought cos i was thinkin about voldemorts dad bein a muggle and she was muggle born so...ya know...thats my theory

weegie
I just read a bit from the second book, and lockheart was talking about how he turned a werewolf into a person again permanently with this charm. I thought that you couldn't do anything about it. confused maybe lupin can stop being a werewolf . what do you think?

hhhhr
that would be the best thing ever, but who can trust lockheart

weegie
It's at the beggining of chapter 10, Read it. It sounds like he didnt make the charm up. I think that this is some thing important.

eezy45
I believe it's the veil in Sir Nicks Party (wasnt it book 2?)
there are soooo many theories...

iluvpippin
nah, itd definently be that hes a parseltounge or wateva coz its about him and it was such a big thing and everything!

celestial_moon
i think it might b parsletongue. i mean...u wouldnt mention that just once, would u? either that or that tap in the girl's bathroom. idk.

big gay kirk
Maybe its something to do with the fact that Dumbledore said it was important that Harry stay with the Dursleys during the holidays... and that he was brought up by them... its never explained why Dumbledore believes Harry will be safe at a Muggle house, even though he specifically states that Voldemort won't be able to touch Harry while Harry is with his "Family"

tassie
I think Luna will have a great role in the upcoming bks, i'm definite on that.

As far as pairing goes, i think....

Ron and Hermione, cuz Ron def likes Hermy, he was so jealous of her and Krum

And Ginny and Harry, I mean Ginny has always liked Harry, and Ginny'll be heartbroken to see Harry with anyone else sad

And as for Luna... what about Luna and Neville? big grin

And i wonder if Lockheart's gonna come back...

Member.
ok, going back to the first couple of pages, JKR said it was something small and seemingly unimportant, i doubt riddle would be in the sixth book.

claidisa_felton
i think harry and voldemort are related via lily's family. she was a muggle, and so was his father. a pretty small insignificant thing was him saying "my stupid muggle father"
....thats what i think. i thought i posted before but...maybe my computer crashed

claidisa_felton
ah crap i did post before!!! lol!!!
soz

airangel
bumping

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>