Subliminal message!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
Does anyone else think that that is a number '6' shining thru Smiths chest just before Neo destroys him at the end of M1.

Neo is the 6th 'One'...

http://www.animallogic.com/film/matrix/images/explode_photo1_main1.jpg

Mordecai
It does indeed look like a 6!!!

How the hell did you manage to notice that?!?!?!?

When i first saw the pic i thought you were gonna say something about him being in the formation of a cross like Neo at the end or something stupid like that.

But this is good!!!

mook
i saw the pic on the 'ascertain the fate of the one' thread.
someone asked was it was - looks like a 6 to me.
i havent watched that scene since noticing it tho so gonna look out for it next time.

Mordecai
Its pretty damn interesting.

I'm gonna go watch it.

clavis9495
yup he is number six this is one of the hidden "great" details!

mook
which ive found!! Happy Dance

The Unknown
Though I agree, it could also represent The Beast. Neo can be seen as Christ, and Smith can be seen as the Anti-Christ, which is The Beast. The Beast's number is 666, so that 6 could be showing that Smith is becoming The Beast.

mook
interesting idea - but it is a single 6.

The Unknown
The light is bright, so there could possibly be two smaller 6's beside it. And as I said, it could mean that he is becoming, but not fully.

The Unknown
Hey, I just got that pic, and there's no Six. Did you just add it in with Paint, or do any of you other see it when you watch it on your DVD?:

http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/tiensdbzwebsite/smith.JPG

HexSintax
it has to be edited, comparing the two pics together:
http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/tiensdbzwebsite/smith.JPGhttp://www.animallogic.com/film/matrix/images/explode_photo1_main1.jpg

it looks like he added a little bit in there....

audioheem
Dude it's in your own pic too o_O

audioheem
erm... or its a different frame?

The Unknown
No, he probably edited it. And if it were true, then someone else would have noticed it by now.

HexSintax
i dont see any curving going on in unknown's pic...zero curving to form a six, and i believe its the same frame because everything about the pics is exactly the same (except the quality and the six)

The Unknown
My apologies, Mook, please forgive me. I see it now big grin

http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/tiensdbzwebsite/smith2.JPG

HexSintax
i still dont see it in your pic,unknown....

..........wait wait wait, nm, i see it now, your pic wasnt loading and i could see...ok my bad, my apologies also, i see it now smile i still dont know how you couldve seen that during the movie wink

slinger
It looks more like a nine to me.

The Unknown
Actually, it looks kind of like a 0.

The One Himself
no no no! It's a 9 laughing laughing laughing

JediHDM
to me, it is a Zero, symbolizing Smiths transformation...yes, there are offshoots of the Zero, making it look like there could be a 6 or a 9 there, but i think it is a 0.

HexSintax
how does zero sybolize transformation?? i mean besides the glowing and exploding and stuff...but how does ZERO?

Mistique
I dunno, I didn't notice....

Mistique
I'll have to watch it again and give my verdict...

Osiris
lol...what u all r talking about
if it was 6, then?
if it was 9, then?
if it was 0, then?
thats a stupid topic

Mistique
I agree. It doesn't really show anyhting and I doubt that it would have any really important significance. We see no sign that it connects up with anything else in the following sequals...

Osiris
this thread needs to be closed messed

Mistique
I don't think we need to go that far, but I do think it's a bit meaningless...

But then again, they're simply expressing what they think might be a connection in the trilogy.... maybe an early sign of what was to happen in reloaded...

Korri
wow well noticed!

Mordecai
Osiris/Mistique - Don't single anyone out or put down theories, it isn't meaningless, there could be meaning that we don't know of yet, which is why the thread is here....to discuss it.

There is a connection as Neo is the 6th One and Smith just happens to have a 6, or what looks like a 6 (to me anyway) on his chest.

If there is a connection, there is a meaning.

Crash_Overload
Looks Like A 9 to me...

Mordecai
Well i see a 6.

Look at the kind of thing that loops up near the top of the tie, thats connected to the o looking thing.

Thats how i see it, i didn't even notice it like the 9 you've drawn.

Ahh well, i'm gone

*gone!*

Korri
u sure u got it the right way up laughing

JediHDM
i didn't say zero sybmolizes transformation, i said seeing the zero on his chest is representative of the transformation that is occuring, meaning Smith is becoming the Zero to Neos ONE...i hate it when people misquote me...

sith_darth_jay
it looks like a 666 to me.... or maybe it's just me

mors823
Check the lower part of the tie, from the "0" part, it swings down a bit. Hard to see at first, but you'll see it.
I know that nearly everything has a purpose, but could this just be coincidence? Maybe it's a combo of both, a circle with 2 tails sticking out.

mook
as you guys dont seem to read the previous posts:

i saw the picture on the 'ascertain the fate of the one' thread, where it was posted by 'The Omega', so you'll have to ask her if she edited it (although why would anyone do that?!) and it appears in the other pic that was posted on this thread.

imo: it clearly looks like a '6' shining thru on Smiths chest. (not a nine/zero/666/or anything else)
this would have a clear link to the film(s) as Neo has just been reborn after being shot and is now 'the one' (as morpheus comments).

not only is he 'the one', but as we discover from the trilogy, he is the sixth 'one' - therefore a number 6 shining thru smith before neo destroys him from inside.

As i said i havent watched that scene since noticing it in the picture so i dont know how noticeable it is in the film.

and its quite likely the W.brothers would have messages like this.

JediHDM
but Neo is already the ONE, not just the sixth one, because that has no pertinence...just because you are the 20th king in a line of kings has no pertinence to what you do or who you are here and now, it is just a way to distinguish...however, in that shot, Smith is being "corrupted" by Neo, thus he is becoming the ZERO to Neo's ONE, the Alpha of his Omega, which is why i say it is a Zero, not a 6, a 9, or a 666...

dave123
yes well noticed

mook
i understand your theory and respect your opinion but it looks like a 6!
look at the pic in the first post.
The circle has a bit that goes up his chest (to the left side of the tie) and curls round ending below the knot of his necktie forming a '6'.

bearing in mind that this has only been noticed in freeze frame i think it is a subliminal msg by the W.Bros - in the next two films we discover that Neo is the 6th 'one'.

JediHDM>"but Neo is already the ONE, not just the sixth one, because that has no pertinence...just because you are the 20th king in a line of kings has no pertinence to what you do or who you are here and now, it is just a way to distinguish"

kings are irrelevant to this argument, remember we are talking about someone jumping inside an agent and blowing him up, not the real world.
yes, he is already the one- the 6th one that is why they would put a six there...

JediHDM
mook> i see why you say it is a 6, however i do not think the number '6' has any relevance to what Smith is becoming, any more than being the 20th king has any relevance to how you govern your people...and i'm not saying that the idea of Kings is important to the argument, but i'm making a parallel to real life in this statement...and Smith, the person we see the light coming out of, is NOT the ONE, thus whether he is the 6th or not, again, has no pertinence...

dave123
what if its just a hole, and that's all its meant to be
not a number, or anything
just a hole?

mook
ok your approaching this from a different angle from me;
i think the number refers to Neo and is a 6 shining thru from Neo; who has entered smiths body, and so is shining thru (like after smith explodes neo is standing glowing/shining.)

you believe the number refers to smith and what he will become after neo destroys him.

in conclusion, when you say "however i do not think the number '6' has any relevance to what Smith is becoming" - i agree with you as i do not think that what smith becomes/is becoming is relevant in this scene.
i think this scene is all about Neo becoming the one; dies/reborn, see the matrix in code, enters+destroys an agent...

The Unknown
The "loop" that is seen above the zero is most likely just cracks.

The Unknown
If Neo had become the anomaly after jumping into Smith, I'd agree, but he's already the anomaly after he's shot.

The Omega

Ahnold
Some insightful comments, to be sure, but do we really need such "astute" observations as "Fire usually signifies destruction". I COULD'VE TOLD YOU THAT!

Lag
If it is anything I would have to go with the 0. Not only does this make the most sense out of theories, but also keep in mind that this is a still shot. At some point there had to be just a Zero, but because it's a "motion" picture it branches off and breaks apart. I think what we need is an early picture to see if it is just a Zero.

I don't think it's a 6, because there is no reason for this seeing as Neo is the sixth one not Smith. I don't think it's a 9, because that would make absolutely no sense. The only other thing it could be is 666, but that would just be dumb and the other "6's" aren't as clear as the middle shape. The only thing it could be and have meaning would be the Zero, because this is the excact moment that Smith becomes Zero. I don't know how this could be anything else.

Korri
ooooh! smile

mook
The Unknown>If Neo had become the anomaly after jumping into Smith, I'd agree, but he's already the anomaly after he's shot.

you could say he is the anomaly all his life - but it is only during the events of the film that he realisies that he is. this is what the last 27mins of the film is about - mopheus rescue,subway,rebirth,seeing code,destroying an agent.

Lag>I think what we need is an early picture to see if it is just a Zero.

yeah, we need to see earlier frames to be sure.

Lag>I don't think it's a 6, because there is no reason for this seeing as Neo is the sixth one not Smith.

this is exactly my point: Neo is the 6th 'one'. He is inside smith, causing him to explode. when smith explodes neo is left SHINING in the hallway.
so when we see the 6 shining thru from inside smith it is a subliminal messsage teling us Neo is indeed the 6th 'one'.
this scene is all about Neo.

mook
Lag>I think what we need is an early picture to see if it is just a Zero.

yeah, we need to see earlier frames to be sure.

does anyone have early frames (compared with the pic in original post) so i can see if its definitely a 6?

The Unknown
I'm 99.99% sure that's the only frame where it is seen.

Matrix_4_ever
i no doesnt it look like a 9??? confused

The Unknown
The cracks around the Zero make it look like a 6 or a 9, though it may have just been a glitch or random thing created by a visual effects program.

sith_darth_jay
it's just a smilie. loook....

JKozzy
laughing No but seriously, reading this thread for the first time.. I see the six, it's a six, and the W. Bros are the coolest people I know wink

The Unknown
It looks like a zero. His shirt is white, so it makes you think there's a loop around the tie. The part on the tie is probably just another crack.

JKozzy
Eh, but its cool. I like the 6 theoryyes

Vim
i cannot believe this! If you were making a movie, and not making it so that people would watch the movie, freeze framing nearly every shot, and try to uncover some theory on everything! would you? I mean give the w. bros. a break, some stuff in there is not intentional nor does it have any meaning! I mean for crying out loud people, do you not have anything better to do than sit and watch a movie looking for obscure symbols that are going to give you some deeper meaning?? Just watch the movie and enjoy, watch again, and over and over if you want, but please use your time for something better, read a book, don't sit and freeze frame the whole movie looking for stuff! mad
I bet the people that find these freeze framed things, go through the whole trilogy trying to connect things! ... you would think people would have more to do!

JKozzy
Here here... but hey I didn't do it stick out tongue Vim, you have a very good point: theye included stuff that probably has no meaning at all, we just try and end up putting meaning behind it!

The One Himself
"...i cannot believe this! If you were making a movie, and not making it so that people would watch the movie, freeze framing nearly every shot, and try to uncover some theory on everything!..."

Not 100 % correct...Have ya ever seen Fight Club? wink

mook
Vim>I bet the people that find these freeze framed things, go through the whole trilogy trying to connect things! ... you would think people would have more to do!

i noticed it on a picture that someone had posted on another thread.

JKozzy>I see the six, it's a six, and the W. Bros are the coolest people I know

exactly, its like when smith explodes a part of his face flies right at the screen.

The One Himself>Have ya ever seen Fight Club?

yep the split second images of brad pitt, brad pitt in the hotel advert, the penis at the end - putting subliminal messages that may be missed the first time around isnt a new concept - but it is a cool one.

Sifer
Fight Club: There are SO many hidden things in that movie it is hard to describe. Also, if you would listen to what the Wachowski's say in "Revisited", then you would know that they tried to make it so you COULD freeze frame every shot and make an image out of it and find significance in each.

mook
so that adds a lot of weight to my original post - its a '6'!

The Unknown
No, Mook, it just adds to it there is something there, whether it be a 0, 6, or 9. It looks like a 0.

JediHDM
mook> it adds nothing to your original post, it could just as easily be a '0', for which i have already described...and i do think it is a zero

mailedbypostman
Can you keep this link in a easily excessible place? Because it's a pretty expansive matrix site......

mailedbypostman
Did you check out the home page of tthe link omeg sent us?bit has TONS OF STUFF.

Verity
I think in the end, ppl see what they want to see.....maybe it's not even a 6...just a trick of lighting!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/confused.gif

mailedbypostman
"You take the blue pill.You wake up in your bed,and believe whatever you want to believe."

mook
guess were gonna have to agree to disagree on this one!

1.) i think its a subliminal message added by the Wbros. agree/disagree?

2.) i think its a '6' cos Neo is the sixth 'one'. (he is inside smith, shining out. when smith explodes neo is shining.) agree/disagree?

Sifer
There are many references to him being the 6th one, even in the 1st movie. Notice how the bullet holes on Neo's chest are perfectly aligned after he is resurrected, and there are 6 of them.

mailedbypostman
cool.

sith_darth_jay
we can go on FOREVER and never agree on something in this thread...i stick to my last post... is just an smilie wink

mors823
Let's not over-analyzing anything. It could be a trick to stop us from realizing the truth: that not everything has a point. But since this is the Matrix, nothing would be included w/o a point. A paradox I say.

sith_darth_jay
confused messed you do make sense....i guess

Sifer
A more complex paradox than we can imagine, I would guess.

The Unknown
http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/tiensdbzwebsite/crack.bmp
Most likely a crack leading away from the 0.

http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/tiensdbzwebsite/crack2.bmp
The 0

http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/tiensdbzwebsite/crack3.bmp
That is most likely just a crack in his tie. It is impossible to tell if there is a loop because his shirt is also white.

mailedbypostman
Cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.