Hobbiton Movie Set

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thebeard11
I don't know if any one has ever been to New Zealand, I have been there twice now and while me and my family were travelling through Matamata (Nr Auckland) we came across a new tour that was just being set up. they were not advertising yet but it was a tour of the Hobbiton set in Matamata NZ. I was amazing. Although there are not longer flower or hedges, Bag Eng is still standing and so are some of the other hobbit holes. I actually got the chance to stand in Bag End and get my photo taken. It was amazing. We were also shown where the part was filmed where Frodo jumps into Gandalfs cart. It was great.

Has anyone been on this tour. Tell me your thoughts if you have.

Happy Dance big grin

Izz
I haven't. But I'd love to go to New Zealand. And see where they were filming ofcourse.

thebeard11
well most of the sets have gone of course but the Hobbiton one is still there. It is truly an amzing sight and i can follow the actors in saying that as soon as you step onto the set it actually looks like a home town.

sauron
eh the hobbiton set is not still there, it was took down, even before the actor who playes bilbo arrives they had to do it all on a backdrop

sauron
at least i think so, what i heard

Fire
I always heard they kept most of it

Storm
I' d love to visit it once then yes

Exa
Travelling to New Zealand is one of my greates wishes... didnt work yet sad u have a photo?

sauron
i will go to new zealand some day

it is amazing scenery isnt it

thebeard11
Yes NZ is indiscribable. We are hoping to go again for the third time at the end of 2004. I really cannot wait. Most the hobbit holes are still there but the pub is gone but they still have the coloured markings of where it was and lots of photos around the set of what it was like. It was raining when they were taking the set down and it was too slippery to take all the hobbit holes down so they left most of them and so the tour company set up tours for NZ$50. Which is not that much in English money. I do not know how much it is in US dolars.

Hania
I want to go. It looks sooo beautiful and inviting.

Ariadne
PJ has the Bag End set. But I really want to go to NZ. It's so beautiful there.

PippinTook
I'm gonna go to New Zealand someday. It seems so beautiful over there. It'd be cool to see where they shot the movie at. Besides on TV, I mean. I'd love to go there.

Kitoky
I haven't been to New Zealand and it's an amazing place. I think PJ picked the right place to film LotR because New Zealand has all the different landscapes that you can't really find anywhere else.

I wish Rivendell and Lothlorien was an actual place...I'd like to go there. Or Morgul Vale/Minas Morgul. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.