the inspiration for the matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
this is taken from the following site:

http://matrix-explained.com/symbolism_in_the_matrix.htm

"Mona Lisa Overdrive
The music to the freeway chase is called "Mona Lisa Overdrive"
Mona Lisa Overdrive is a book written by William Gibson. Gibson has written another book, Neuromancer. One of the first Cyberpunk novels, featuring
"Zion"
"The Matrix"
"The Oracle"
"the construct"
"Smith"
EMP weapons
Only 1 survivor of an attack, sabotaged by an EMP
a factory of babies, grown in tubes
"Reinhold Scientific A.G." (connection to Neo's boss, Mr. Rhineheart?)
A villian with a French accent
connection between brains and computers via electrodes
an enemy who was "an unthinkably powerful artificial intelligence"
Words like "The sky was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."
Just think of the green and blue hue in the Matrix / in Zion
Sunglasses
Trenchcoats
Black clothes

Gibson has also written a book Johnny Mnemonic"

Ushgarak
... and boy, wasn;t that a crap film...

As has been explained several dozen times, the Matrix took inspiration from just about everything! Part of its point is that it is a collection of such things.

mook
Ushgarak> As has been explained several dozen times, the Matrix took inspiration from just about everything!

true but this must be a primary source.

Ushgarak
One of several. Worth pointing out that a computerised virtual world where the rules of that worlkd are created and can be bent or broken by the focussed mind and death in there kills you in the real world as the body cannot live without the mind, and is called The Matrix, is from Dr. Who.

mook
really thats pretty cool.

btw i posted my original post because it is a clear inspiration for the matrix - but not the only one smile

davetheonemende
Mook I like your style.
My beliefs are in the secret society and the illuminati.

Lets examine the Merovingian.

http://www.21stcenturyradio.com/merovingian-twyman.htm

Please: this is a long but fantastic read.

Pay particular attention to paragraph four; the bloodline of the holy grail; Christ is the sixth One in the bloodline!!!
There's so much more here.

In a nutshell; I believe this was the message in the movie. Neo was invented by the architecht and he was to return to the source to re-insert the code he carried (all the info he gathered). He had to take the door to the left because the agent was the last piece of code he needed before he did go to the machines to re-insert the code. This is what happens at the end of revolutions. He's plugged into the source; the code is re-inserted and the Matrix continues. Zion remains under control; content with the fact that the war has ended; with the notion that their christ Neo (invented by the architecht) sacrificed himself for them. So war has ended for the time being (The Architecht says to the oracle at the end of revolutions; "how long do you think peace will last this time" So; it seems that they have a common interest in re-loading the matrix program once it blows out of control. A christ or Messiah is invented; the illusions of choice are presented; war erupts and this measure of control plays out the same each and every time.

Here is another link
http://adam23.freeyellow.com/
and for the Illuminati
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/
http://www.prolognet.qc.ca/clyde/illumin.htm

Hey; I'm one of eight million stories in my city alone (nyc)

I hope you enjoy the read about Merovingian and the secret society.

mook
Mook I like your style.

why thank you

i havent got time for the essay at the mo - got a lecture soon but will get round to it. smile

davetheonemende
Sorry had to edit my post several times to add links.

Chapel
I strongly beleve that a big influence on the matrix films are many of the novels of Phillip K Dick.

Frank Herberts Dune gets a look in as well.

mook
from moviemistakes.com:

'The idea of Neo becoming blinded and then being able to "See" life force is identical to a major plot event in "Dune Messiah", Book 2 of Frank Herbert's Dune. The major character with god-like powers is struck down and blinded through betrayal, only to reveal later that he can still see but in a whole new way.'

JediHDM
why do we have fifteen of these threads? is it hard to just post in the already working thread? if people are looking at that one, then why wouldn't they look at yours if it is in there?

mook
which thread - i didnt see one talking about what i posted originally
"The music to the freeway chase is called "Mona Lisa Overdrive"
Mona Lisa Overdrive is a book written by William Gibson. Gibson has written another book, Neuromancer. One of the first Cyberpunk novels..."

otherwise i wouldnt have created this one

sad

JediHDM
this has been in a thread before, and there are at least two of these types of threads, meaning the "moving thought for the matrix" or "what would fit into the Matrix" threads...i do not mean to snap at you, or individual people, but i don't have time to go through each thread when people make duplicates of the same thread so they can "be heard", as if people won't listen to them unless they make their own thread...and yes, i do try to go through each thread, in the off chance that someone says something intelligent in one of them, or something that i did not know before...Im sorry for snaping at you, it was not my intention...

mook
JediHDM> cool

JediHDM
mook> eek! Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.