Houses of Healing*spoilers*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aurora
*SPOILERS*

I have just learned that not only will PJ cut the death of Sauraman, but he is also cutting The Houses of Healing! No...... I was so looking forward to seeing Eowyn and Faramir together. I could cry..... Good news is that it will be in the DVD! Bitter Sweet confused

turin
boy you know i wonder what is going to be in the movie? all these things are being cut, but how are other things going to be explained. for instance, sarumans death is cut, so how is pippin going to get the palantir. Or Eowyn and faramir fall in love, how are they going to show that without the house of healing (if they show there love at all) the army of the dead from everything i can tell is going to be on the pelanor fields not on the coast. atleast the ext dvd will be awesome so hopefully it comes out soon (not that the theater version wont be awesome but it is missing a lot of stuff)

nephalim27
Bah...PJ really screwed this up IMO. He shouldn't have tried messing with the continuity of the books, now he's forced to compensate for it.

Aurora
I'm not saying that PJ is totally messing up. I mean I have enjoied the last two movies emesley, both the TE and the EE. I agree that he moved stuff, deleted stuff, and added stuff. But I trust him.

At least we know the sceens were shot...... I just hope they don't wait a year to release it on DVDsad I don't think I can wait that long.......

Aurora
Here is a link to the article I was talking about.Clicky Clicky

mah
Makes little difference.

Sifer
Pippin doesn't get the Palantir from Saruman, he steals it from Gandalf, from which Gandalf obtained it from Grima trying to hurl it at them. I believe PJ will make this movie nothing short of brilliant.

BingaBonga
i didn't realize they cut out the houses of healing.... god this sucks... pj sucks... he's done a good job, and this will probably be one of the movies that has the highest gross of all time, with fellowship and towers, but still, it's 3 1/2 hours, will it just consume time with arwen and aragorn? god i hope not, but i know better.... sad

fini
WHAT!?!?!??!!? no house of healing.........................now i am pissed

BingaBonga
yup

ilvorlandobloom
totally pissed.

BEYOND pissed...

ilvorlandobloom
ooooh, Aurora... I LOVE your avatar & signature of Dom!
i think im starting to fall in love...
(its ok, Orli, i still love u the best!)

but still extremely pissed about houses of healing!!!

badkittykitty
GRrrrr me too! I know Ill love the movie any way..but I was looking forward to this part..damn!

Hypernova
I think the Battle scenes will make up half the movie laughing laughing laughing

Exa
I dont think he cut the whole houses
As there are already pics of it

TrixStar
What if all these "rumor leaks" are just that rumors and PJ is setting us all up

Smodden
long shot

Izz
I don't think it's good that PJ's just putting everything on the DVD. It's so easy: he didn't plan the movies right, but he doesn't care: he'll put it on the DVD. It's not like he really doesn't care, but he just does it so easily. He shouldn't take the DVD as the basic assumption, but the movie itself.

Verity
Wait! I've seen pix of Aragorn in the houses of the healing! What r u guys talking about?? confused

Aurora
In the article (which by the way is very good and really has nothing to do with the houses of healing, it is just a side bar) it says that it was filmed, and originally was planned to be in the movie. PJ felt it was taking away from Frodo's story so he cut it and put it on the DVD. smile

Aurora
****** Everyone should read the article tho. It is very good! It talks more about behind the scenes!******

Smodden
the article was about the fellowship

Exa
maybe the cutting of the houses of healing is just the rumour version of the fact that the Eowyn-Faramir-Scene there will be cut.

shadow link
yeah any pics and stuff from the last movie that people said have been cut will just be in extended edition

eowyn233
uh! he says he cut it cause it was taking away from frodos story!?!?! well what the heck! I think that his like make out scenes between arwen and aragorn would have to fall into that catogory too then!! thats just ridiculous kinda like his excuse for why he changed faramir. uuuh! makes me mad grrr! yeah I can put in plenty of my own love scene creations between arwen and aragorn that no one is sure if hes dreaming or what in but I can`t put in JRR`s own incredibly romantic incredibly well written love scene between faramir and eowyn oh no I couldn`t do that! that would actually improve the movie and honor tolkien! no way can I do that! arrgh mad ok I`m done bitching

Ariadne
Does anyone know if the Houses of Healing was filmed and will be in the extended edition or if it just got completely forgotten?

Aurora
It will be in the EE of ROTK. It was filmed but not put in the movie. But the extent of which it goes, I am not sure. It will be a surprise.......

Lotr168
I've seen the whole movie, sneak preview tickets, ausome..nyways

Ya it was cut out, but the movie was TOTALLY ausome. PJ, did the rest of the movie pretty good, really good, and besdies the house of the healiing, everything is pretty covered well. Like in the book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.