A Prologue and a Epilogue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
Many people feel that the Star Wars saga is lacking a beging and an end. To fix this they feel that there should be films concerning the events before Epi.I and after Epi.VI. Obviously you can't call the movie before Epi.I Epi.O or -1,but you can call it a prologue. Many classic stories include a prologue that is a introduction to the story. For the events following the battle of Endor Lucas could make a epilogue which is basically a summary of what happened after. The prologue could deal with the wars between the Jedi and the Sith while the epilogue could deal with the reconstruction of the Jedi order and the aftermath of Vader and Palpatine. Do you think this is a good idea?

Darth Daft
I wouldn't mind it as long as the prologue and epilogue weren't in the form of movies. I'd rather they just be released with a special release of the entire saga or on the DVD or on TV. But not movies released at the cinema.

theEviljedi
I agree. They don't even have to be a full-length movie just a short 15 minute summary.

Gundark
EJ, I think thats a great idea. 15 minutes or less would be a better idea than a whole film. Besides, GL is never gonna be around long enough to do 7,8, and 9, let alone a full length pro or ep.

theEviljedi
Do you think he will actually make them? Maybe we should start a petition.stick out tongue

Gundark
I'll sign right beneath you. cool

theEviljedi
Lets ask KJ to start one up.

Gundark
How about it, KJ ? I'm sure everyone will here will sign. Uh, well DD and I are having a little trouble over at the Obi Wan game, soooooo...maybe if we grovel a little you could help ??? stick out tongue

Jedi Mercenary
I'll most certainly sign

Ratcat
Been done to death I think.

A prologue and epilogue would be nice, I think even a quick fivr minutes each could acchieve what you're looking for.

King Jedi
If you want I'll show you how to get your own petition and you can start it but I'm not going to sign it. I think making Ep7,8,9 would be a bad idea. So many people have their own ideas about what happens and it would upset a lot of people if Lucas had different ideas. Just look at the fuss the prequels are causing. I think the Star Wars story should end at Ep6. I would like a SW T.V show, covering different characters throughout the SW time line.

The same goes for an Epilogue and Prologue. Fans of the EU wouldn't be happy if Lucas just discarded there favourite character and came up with something else. I like it the way it is just now with everyone having different ideas about what happens.

I do think your petition would get a lot of signatures though as there are far more people who agree with you than me.

Gundark
Okay, how about scratching the pro and doing an extra five tacked on a re-release package of ep1-2-3 ? Maybe that doesn't make sense...sad ....if George hadn't made these blasted movies backwards, sometimes things would be a lot easier.

Ratcat
Nice idea, something to fill in the massive void between Episode-III and ANH.

Dim
I don't think they're needed...movies are like life in that way..you never get to see what happened before and after, it's just you selected moment(s) in time..

queeq
I agree with Lady Dim (for a change smile ). We don't need to see the gaps filled in. This way there is room for our imagination. I don't want Lucas to spell it all out to me. He never did, he never will, it's a way of showing respect to your audience.

queeq out

Gundark
You really made a good statement there, queeq. Maybe you'll get a personal e-mail from GL on that one smile

Dim
queeq..you always agree with me smile You just don't like to admit it. (Don't be hitting the refresh button for the GL email though...stick out tongue )

queeq
GL? E-mailing me? Ooooooohhh *swoon - faint*

queeq out

Dim
HaHaHa. I never thought of you as the swooning type laughing out loud

Ratcat
Oh well, Qq is out of the closet as a swooner. he he.

queeq
You got me! *blush* smile

And that "Qq" bothers me a bit. I don't like the capital, I specifically selected every letter in a specific order and design according to an ancient Japanese tradition. Now you have messed up the balance. Please restore or I will bring balance myself. In the Vader-way. Hehehehe.

queeq out

PS if you really, really prefer an abbreviation just use "q", at least that has some "sanjuro" to it.

Ratcat
Sanjuro??? Isn't that a spanish drink. Oops, no that Sangria.....

I bet the real story is that you dropped a donut onto the keyboard when you were setting up your ezboard account and those were the letters it hit. laughing out loud

queeq
Oh, you got me! RC finally guessed it right. You're such a visionary. wink

queeq out

Gundark
Hah ! queeq eats at his keyboard too. And all that goldfish abuse I had to take !!! stick out tongue

Ratcat
Just bring on the bucket of fried chicken.

queeq
Boy, you guys are too easy. Please make an effort. I never eat at my keyboard, especially when things end up so predictable as on this particular thread. I have foreseen it. evil face

queeq out

Ratcat
Cheeseburger stuffed crust pizza, a bucket of chicken and a crate of Buds. hmmmmmm.

Darth Daft
Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken.

Dim
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!...just ran out of milk for my cereal *pout*

If we NEVER talk about chicken again...I would be happy. *ick*

queeq
Chicken wings, chicken legs, chicken breast, McChicken, Chicken McNuggets, fried chicken, stewed chicken, grilled chicken, chicken salad, chicken liver, chic...

*ducks for major slap from Dim*

queeq out

Gundark
How many times have I told you people not to bring up chicken around Daft ????? laughing out loud laughing out loud RC, frankly, I'm a little disappointed. You should know better. rolling on floor laughing

(Gundark whispers into her comlink..."Hey DD, I'm making chicken quesadillas with jalapenos tomorrow nite. Hehehe"wink

queeq
Looks like I have a dinner date tomorrow. Right, Gundy-honey? You were always my favourite here on the boards. Most favourite of all of the members, that were ever here and will ever be here. wink

queeq out

Ratcat
Well it's friday so that means hot chicken wings from the dele at the supermarket. Hey! Friday night is shopping night so I get to have chicken wings.

Gundark
Hmmm..seems queeq dearie likes quesadillas. (Gundark uses the Jedi mind trick) "These aren't the quesadillas you're looking for" wink

Ratcat
They bsound spicy. Maybe I'll give the chicken a miss and go for a nice Tomatoe pasta and fresh baked french bread. Hmmmmmmmm.

AW DAMN! Now I got dry this keyboard off.

queeq
What are you waving your hands around for, Gundy-dear? You think you're some kind of Jedi. Mind tricks don't work on me, only quesadillas. Hmmmmm?

queeq out

Gundark
With lots of hot pepper Monteray Jack cheese..yummy....oh my, what was that noise..sounded like a queeqer knocking at my kitchen door. Hope you like Foster's on tap, honey-bunch. laughing out loud

queeq
Knock knock! Guess who?

queeq out

Gundark
Hey, wipe your feet and wash your hands. And no grabbing food with your tongue like Jar Jar. rolling on floor laughing

queeq
I'll wipe my hands and wash my feet. You don't mind my toes in the food, right? MOM! wink

queeq out

Gundark
Toes are acceptable without jam. The quesadillas were, I mean are, gone. The old man killed the last of the hot salsa. How about crab cakes tomorrow ? rolling on floor laughing

Dim
Okay okay....back on topic, which is not smile crabcakes...Unless of course they figure into a Prologue or a Epilogue theory.

queeq
Okay, here's one.

Prologue:
Young Anakin returns from a pod race where he blew up Watto's racer. Shmi has made some nice crabcakes. queeq and Gundark come from dinner and tell Anakin that he is strong with the Force. What is the Force? he asks. queeq and Gundark answer: In time you will know. Clear your mind of questions. And your plate of crabcakes or we will.

queeq out

Dim
Only one problem...it's Tatooine. Crabs in the middle of the desert? stick out tongue

queeq
You never heard of deserts crabs? I'm quite sure I saw one outside Jabba's palace at dusk in ROTJ.

queeq out

Ratcat
Yeah, but the big froggy thing ate it.

Dim
I don't think that was a crab...nice try though.

Gundark
But the big froggy thing is an intimidating doorman, you have to admit. Okay, to comment once again on the ORIGINAL topic....maybe after GL releases ep3, he could put out a short novel, not even a novel, maybe a 50 page synopsis of what (according to HIS point of view) would be just a rough sketch of events after ROTJ. Like, totally ignore all the EU and just put down a summary of the general state of the universe and our heroes lives therein. Not a movie, not a tv show, nothing on the internet, but a little book..(not a book on tape or an e-book either). Something that would be available to all SW fans all over the world, all at the same time. Whaddya think boys and girl ?

And then after we read it and left with absolutely nothing, we can all sit down and cry together. sad

theEviljedi
That's all I really meant when I started this topic.

Gundark
Well, EJ, what do you think of my idea vs. filming something ?

theEviljedi
I like it. I was expecting him to do something around those lines anyway.

Ratcat
This kinda goes back to the idea I mentioned elsewhere on the Forum about LFL producing the definative source book after the 6 movies are finished.

queeq
I don't really like the idea. I want things to be open and inviting us to use our imagination. I don't want Lucas to spell everything out to us. Leave it be. Six movies is plenty, let's us just speculate and be imaginitive. That might be Lucas's ultimate goal even.

Besides, once you'd have that document, you'd probably want him to tell you what happened before and after that.

queeq out

Ratcat
I guess, and I suppose that the novels that have been written do tend to explore other areas pretty well and they are "regulated" to provide a fair amount of continuity.

Dim
I agree entirely with queeq...There is a time when you have to just say...okay, that's all there is and I'm okay with that.

queeq
So am I. eek!

queeq out

Ratcat
But NO! It can never end, George Lucas owes it to us to make Star Wars movies until he's lying on his deathbed.

Oops, sorry I was having an EJ moment...

queeq
That's allright, RC. We know you're not EJ. Or are you?

queeq out

Ratcat
Now wouldn't that be a turn up for the books.

But no, sorry but the Ratcat had been arround far to long to be EJ. Plus I'm not even on the right continent.

I think the photo's and the OUTSTANDING website speak for themselves.

Actually, it's not that outstanding right now. I hate my winter design.

queeq
Aha, those snowflakes are your little handiwork. Why doesn't it pile up on the bottom of my screen? Now that woudl be a nice feature. You'd have to log back on to get a snowplowed screen. For a while evil face

queeq out

Ratcat
Not this website silly. This is is all Raz's work. I'm "-2", he's "-II"

queeq
Oops, sorry. Give me the exact address and I'll check it out. With your approval of course. I don't know if you'd stand me around your site. hehehe.

queeq out

Ratcat
See that little sabre thing under my name. Now look just a little lower and oh, you've found it. laughing out loud

Be warned, I really hate my winter theme. sad I have a kickin one for the new year though but I'm saving it for 01/01/01

The one before this was nice to, I think I my try and rework it tonight.

Now can we get back to topic.

Mos Fin jedi
I know I'm not gonna make many friends here with the comment I'm about to make but you have to remember GL is just a person. A very extraordinary creative person but a normal person like you and me. maybe he doesn't want to dedicate the rest of his life to answering questions to people he has never met about the proper way to construct a light sabre or what exactly happened to Han Solo twenty years after he helped defeat the Empire. The man has put so much work into the films and story already maybe it would be best for him to just take a break after episode three is completed. He has given us so much already with the outstanding story I don't think it is right to demand more explanations about fictional charaters. We should Be happy with what we have

Dim
I think that's a wonderful comment Mos, and I'm sure everyone on this board are in agreement with you....most of this thread is just wishful thinking...I personally want to see what else GL can do, apart from SW...

queeq
Mos, you just made a friend here. I agree with you. Whole heartedly.

RC, you're site isn't too bad. It's kind of fun and lighthearted. That's a refreshing change. And I LOVED the Santa Sith Probes following me around. wink

queeq out

Ratcat
Nah, I hated that Hoth theme. The earlier design was much better. Anyway, in about 45 minutes it's good bye to Hoth and hello to Endor cos I can't stand it any more.

queeq
I'll be waiting and revisiting. Are Sith probes still going to be there with another hat, though?

queeq out

theEviljedi
Just stand clear of those Ewoks.

Ratcat
NO Ewoks, like all good boys and girls, they're tucked up waiting for Santa.

Droids stay, snow goes.

Dim
but...it was snowing...*mumbles* I liked the snow..

Dim
but...it was snowing...*mumbles* I liked the snow..

Hey! now it's all dark..AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT'S THE DARKSIDE!!!!!
*covers her eyes*
I'm scared..*whimper*

theEviljedi
Things are looking good for your site,RC. I guess I'll have to put it back in my favorites list.smile

queeq
Looks nice RC. Very Christmas.

I jut like to go over there and play with the probes. smile

queeq out

Ratcat
Just for Dim, I have all new improved snow.

Dim
YES!!!! I love it! hehehehe big grin

Ratcat
Anyway, about these Prologue and a Epilogue ideas.

queeq
So why would the snow only be for Dim? No funny business, now, RC!

queeq out

Ratcat
Cos she was sayimnh she missed the snow so I put snow back on.

(Actually it was already there, I just hadn't uploaded the update to make it work but don't tell her.)

queeq
(I won't)

But can I enjoy the snow too, or is it "Dims only"?

queeq out

Gundark
I'm going to finally tear myself away from the asylum here and go check out your website, RC. I'll be back.

queeq
I'll hold your straightjacket until you return. The orderlies can't wait to have you back.

queeq out

Boshuda
George could get some writer to bring out his prologue/epilogue ideas in novel form...

Ratcat
But isn't that basically all of the EU novels that are out there already?

Boshuda
Nah..those novels aren't the gospel as told by Saint George!!

Dim
Saint George?eek!

Nah, seriously...I personally don't want anything after 3 three movies...that will satify me I think..

queeq
I agree. That way EU can go on and develop for those who like it and the rest of us can go on fantasising.

queeq out

Ratcat
But if "some other writer" does it then it's not "Saint George" so you're back to being EU, which is based around a loose set of guidelines from George Lucas anyway.

queeq
Exactly. That way EU-fans can use it as reference and canon types can go on to expand their imagination and speculate about the saga's preceedings and future of our heroes. Everybody happy.

queeq out

Gundark
So we'll all be here, 70 years from now, still debating 1-6. Coooooooooooooool smokin'

queeq
Yep. And then we can do virtual wheelchair races.

queeq out

Gundark
Maybe you'll have your lightsaber by then, queeq. laughing out loud

Boshuda
It would have to be a "ghost" writer as by George Lucas's own admission he's crap at writing! As we all know the Star Wars novel was ghost written by Alan Dean Foster.

queeq
I doubt it Gundy-dear. It will take too long, you'll be dead by then.

queeq out

Gundark
When 107 years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmmmmm ??

queeq
No. But at least I'd be happy. laughing out loud

queeq out

theEviljedi
How about this then. Why not have another director,say Rick M., produce a movie based on one of the books? Maybe a movie based on Shadows of the Empire.

Dim
Nooooooooo...nonononono...Only 6!!! no more...no less..and nobody but George...it might end up another holiday special..

queeq
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
more.

Twilight is upon this thread and soon night must fall. sick

queeq out

Dim
I'm glad to see that we're in agreeance...

*begins the funeral rites*

queeq
Strong am I with the Mods.... but not that strong.

queeq out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.