other films that could be set inside or relate to the Matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chapel
the obvious choice would be Bound the wachs first film, the cimematography, production design and music is all very Matrixish.

or how about A.I being a bit of a prequel?

so what films do you think could be set inside the Matrix or be related to the world the Brothers have created?

HexSintax
the only way AI could relate to this is man vs machine and the creation of machine, thats about it...not really a prequel...the only films that can be set "inside" the matrix is the matrix films themselves...and the comics

Chapel
I wasnt talking about a plot has to fit the matrix universe exactly.

more of film that have a story or style that could loosy fit into the matrix universe.

for example I could see films like point break, fitting into the Matrix

or the style of David Fincher films like Panic room or fight club

or stuff like Crouching tiger , hidden dragon as advanced roleplay training simulations etc

just meant to be a bit of fun or isnt fun allowed here?

HexSintax
ok i got ya...Dark City is a must then...ive also heard people talk about Equilibrium...and i found a lot of stuff from Kill Bill fits with styles from teh matrix

jennyanderson
Termiantor-1,2,3; AI; Universal Soldier etc can all be fit into the Matrix as their Prequel.

mors823
AI and Sec Ren are very similar. In both movies, machines are abused and destroyed and in the end, human are destroyed.

The Martix (virtual world) is all about control and there are plenty of books and movies on control. Equalibrium, Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World, and 1984 all have elements of control.

mook
if the W.brothers were thinking about the martix before/during making Bound wouldnt it be cool if they put in some stuff that would reference the matrix universe BEFORE they even made the films - highly unlikely but would be cool if anyone could find something.

i dont mean bullet time or anything like that - but maybe small things like 101,the books neo had, green tint, similar rain - some small thing to show that there were already creating the matrix 'world' within their heads at the time of filming bound.

also as bound is set in the 'real world'- that could infact be 'the matrix'. ie the whole story happens in the matrix - unaware of the truth - like people going on with their lives unaware of the truth in 'the matrix'

GABRIEL05
Coneheads
Starship Troopers (only in a fabricated world could a movie suck that completely and efficiently)

W. Lee Chojin
Vanilla Sky...
A "self service" matrix ... just a poor joke ...
stick out tongue

Osiris
No 1....No 1

the MMs were different
a hell different

Lag
Virtuosity(spelling?) A movie with virtual world software.
Darkcity seems like it played into it biggly...hehe I sorta made that word up
If you take time-travel out of Terminator then it would tie in perfectly

cleric2032
Originally posted by Chapel
the obvious choice would be Bound the wachs first film, the cimematography, production design and music is all very Matrixish.

or how about A.I being a bit of a prequel?

so what films do you think could be set inside the Matrix or be related to the world the Brothers have created?

Well actually, how 'bout I Robot? Think about it. That could definately be a prequal. The rise and retaliation of robots after getting their own city.

cleric2032
Originally posted by cleric2032
Well actually, how 'bout I Robot? Think about it. That could definately be a prequal. The rise and retaliation of robots after getting their own city.

CHECK. I know they dont get their own city but it is implied.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.