Location Location

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

So.... 01 is located roughly near the Middle East (?).... and as mentioned in Revolutions they should be around 100 km from the Machine City (?)? So this futuristic sewer system and chared cityscape would all be within roughly an hour and a half from this location.... I don't fully buy that.... which city would this location be relative to that would be of comparable size?

I remember in the Animatrix the chared topside is seen by the crew of the ship as they see the machines drilling. Am I wrong, or in the background you are able to see the destroyed building that was later shown with the ambassadors from various countries....

My point is, if it makes any sense rambling this early is that does it seem to be that the locations shown and described are somewhat awkwardly placed and a bit innacurate? Or am I just being picky?

Mistique
say what now?

Mordecai
I've never really thought about it.

I'm sure alot of thought was put into the locations as almost everything else seems well thought out, or maybe it wasn't well thought out, which is why your in a bit of a tangle.

Either way i've never really thought about locations.

Meh! no expression

mors823
Another thing to rattle your brain. Gee, isn't this movie fun?

mook
its a good point but i cant help you out.

it would be nice to have a clear idea where zion+01 are tho.

JediHDM
are you talking about the UN building? no, i do not believe that the UN building remains are seen in the background, although i would have to go back and check on that...the UN building is in New York, and 01 is in the Middle East, close to Mecca, so the place for Zion could very well be jerusalem, Medina, Baghdad, etc...because they did not say they were 100 kilometres, they said no one has ever made it CLOSER than 100 kilometres, which in no way implies they are 100 kilometres exactly...

I will have to go back and look again, but I believed to have seen the UN remains in the first Animatrix episode.... or when Morpheus first sat with Neo topside when explaining the Matrix....

Thank you, Jedi, for the correction on the 100 km.

I'll be back.

Osiris
i believe its in jerusalem

u know zion means the kingdom of God
and in islamic history jerusalem is a very significant place for many things

Osiris
i believe its in jerusalem

u know zion means the kingdom of God
and in islamic history jerusalem is a very significant place for many religious events

burlyman
didnt Sifer say there was some mountains in Saudi Arabia where it was
think about it in rev.... smile

mook
also a holy city in Christianity

Osiris
is jerusalem near to saudi arabia?

burlyman
Jeusalem is in Israel which is above SA, their borders kinda meet at the corner of Jordan, by the Red Sea
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapimages/middle_east/israel_and_the_palestinian_territories/israel_and_the_palestinian_territories.gif <--SA
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapimages/middle_east/saudi_arabia/saudi_arabia.gif

if you watch Second Renaissance: Part I, 01 appears to be located in the centre of SA
which i guess would be Riyadh, probably what ifer was talking about
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/middle_east/saudi_arabia/attractions.htm#riyadh

Korri
nice map burlz wink

burlyman
big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.