Covers and Re-releases

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finti
I have always been a Black Sabbath fan, and their song "Changes " from their IV album have had a very special place in my heart.
My all time Black Sabbath fav.
Now the dorky daughter of Ozzy have released this one together with Ozzy himself and it SUCKS.
Talk about f****** up a song, it really ticks me off everytime time I hear this crap.

OHHHH back to the GOOD OLD ORIGINAL, bloody fools messing up this great song mad mad mad mad

wicker_man
The cover that really annoyed me was the All Saints cover of The Red Hot Chilli Peppers classic 'Under The Bridge', i mean do they really understand the lyrics they were singing about.

Plus im not a big fan of all the covers done by manufactured pop bands no soul what so ever.

GABRIEL05
I think it's beautiful that a dad and a daughter can get together and make horrible music together.

What family values that Ozzy has...

total metalhead
its definitely sucks, and so does Limp Bizkits version of Behind Blue Eyes, another classic song slaughtered.

finti
how true

in flames
oh my god i cant believe how limp bizkit F*cked up that song !!!!!

the only cover song that i like is the korn cover of metallica's "One" it was live so its sounded so real!

I_LUV_Movies
I agree with you guys and the ozzy song... but the one that made me mad was the sheryl crow , sweet child o mine... she really slaughtered that song... or Madonna trying to sing American Pie... what was that??????? ..... one good cover i have heard recently is Ramble on by Train... anyone heard that one... ?

Bhang
Fred Durst ruined Floyd's "Wish You Were Here"

And that Limp Biscrap "Behind Blue Eyes" was his doing as well!

loserib
covers are trickey cuese there alot of room to **** it up

finti
Ramble On by train stay very much true to the original, and Train did that cover as a tribute to Zeppelin.

madsci
why are so many bands/groups doing covers? it seems like that is the current trend in pop music. i really wish it would stop. covers have their time and place...but being inundated with too much of one thing is bad.

speaking of Train...i don't know if anyone listens to Howard Stern, but last friday, Train performed live in studio some new songs and then "Dream On" by Aerosmith. It was so good it practically gave me chills. excellent example of a cover...the cover should as good (sometimes better?) otherwise, just say no.

madsci

mechmoggy
I like that "Mad World" cover thats getting a lot of airplay at the moment.

Usually I hate covers.

crazy_c
I dont mind covers some of them are good but i think theres too many being done

crazy_rock_chic
damn straight,limp bizkit messed up that song

smittenkitten
REM did a fantastic cover of 'Love is All Around.'

Of course, who can forget 'Get Down Make Love' and 'Physical' from Trent's perspective? Now, *those* are good covers.

Not to mention Johnny Cash's cover of 'Hurt.'

Sheryl Crow's cover of Johnny Cash's cover of 'Hurt,' however, was a painful slaughter. *shudder* What was she thinking?

-Smitten Kitten

Bhang
I did like Cake's version of "I Will Survive" better than the original

finti
sometimes however very rarely a cover sounds better than the original.
Jeff Bukleys version of Hallelujah is so much better than Leonard Cohens original

badkittykitty
didnt jonny cash do a cover of 'rusty cage' from sound garden? that was cool.
I really liked social distortions cover of jonny cash's 'burning ring of fire too'
but for the most part I dont like covers either...maybe ppl are running out of ideas

EOWYN3
I LOVE Eddie Vedder's cover of "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away"

smittenkitten
Yes, he did do a cover of Rusty Cage. I have yet to hear it, though.

I thought of another good cover: Fiona Apple doing 'Across the Universe' for the Pleasantville soundtrack. She did a bang-up job.

-Smitten Kitten-

loserib
jimmi hendrix does a great cover of bob dylins all along the watch tower

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.